What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

chrisparra123

Juniors
I'm resigned to fact moses isnt going to be here next season if he was staying he would have signed by now im prepared to release him early if we end up out of finals hunt early

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Isaac Moses is the owner of Cove Sports (or something like that) and has a number of staff, including Mitchells brother Steven.

When Isaac was dis-accredited others in his firm took over management of individual players, in fact Steven Moses managed Mitchell.

Isaac has to apply for his own accreditations to be reinstated, which the NRL have done, but obviously the ARU are yet to finalise.

If Isaac is the owner but not accredited and his employees are, I reckon he is still the greedy merkin who is pulling all the strings.

He should change his company name to Inbred Sports management, can he fit any more family members in ?

emjaycee

Coach
Can you find out about Russel and if any signings coming?
My mail is that we technically have 27 in our squad and are looking to bolster with a quality signing, not just anyone.
Hands and Mataele are not in top 30 officially but are in the 30 highest paid which makes it easier to get exemptions if needed.

Russel is still not 110% ready and club is being cautious around his return date.

Chipmunk

Coach
My mail is that we technically have 27 in our squad and are looking to bolster with a quality signing, not just anyone.
Hands and Mataele are not in top 30 officially but are in the 30 highest paid which makes it easier to get exemptions if needed.

Russel is still not 110% ready and club is being cautious around his return date.
So all you really need to do is pay at least 30 players the minimum wage?

emjaycee

Coach
So all you really need to do is pay at least 30 players the minimum wage?
I dunno mate. Technically I think the "top 30" is the 30 highest paid players on a full-time NRL contract, however because there are development contracts as well, there is some fluidity in how the NRL enforce the rules.
I was told that we still need to bring 3 more into our official top 30 squad, but when I asked about Hands and Mataele, I was told they havent been given an upgraded contract.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah I get that the headlines and commentary can draw one in mate, my enjoyment actually comes from the reactions on here.
See....
That didnt help at all. 😁
Yeah I love this place. Its great when we win and usually even better when we lose. Cheer for me tomorrow night buddy. Say hi to Captain Rankin for me please.

TheRam

Coach
Can someone who is close to the coaching staff please find out if we are looking to recruit a front rower for this season and even maybe mention to him/them to look at the beast from Poland that is playing in the Super League(Leeds) Mikolaj Oledzki.

He is very impressive in front of the camera too. Speaks well has a decent pommy accent has a girlfriend and baby girl already so is settled down not into yahooing and partying. Was a disciplined champion diver back in Poland so has a very strong work ethic. Maybe if we got into his ear and sold him on the idea of a cameo Down Under with his family and a lifestyle change that the bleak Northern England just can not offer and also offered to look after him Polish mum, if need be, make him really wanted and loved. We might have a chance of actually finally signing a English player that is quality for once. Adrian Morley rates him highly and he is even bigger, faster and more agile then Morley ever was.

These are the sort of players we should be looking at to bring to the club. He could turn out to be our James Graham and media darling. He seems to me to be a very impressive figure both on and off the field. Even if not for this season, we should be constantly trying to bring him for next year. We are in a rebuilding mode and look at the Dolphins how they started with the players up front. That is where you win the game. The halves then want to be behind that pack, and so will come. Even Moses would find enough space behind that gorilla pack.

Look at Bennett, signing Flegler. He hasn't rested on his laurels, he has added to that pack. Sure they are old, but they are quality old. Never forget, we won our first premiership with an old pack. Quality is quality. You just need the right coach that knows how to use it. Watch how he will at more quality now that they have proven that they are strong up front and can hold the middle. Herbie is just the beginning.

The great Broncos teams with Alfie would have done sweet F all if they didn't have the gorillas up front.

Mikolaj Oledzki is exactly the type to get our team moving forward again. We need a great rotation that keeps the opposition fatigued and under constant pressure. This man can bring the heat. Also I took a look at the dummy half, Lemming, seems capable and spritely. I'd give him a shot and see if he can handle the defensive load of the NRL. That is the big difference with those sorts of players. 50/50 if he could make it. But at the right price, worth a shot. Who does their homework? We are the club that needs a dummy half more then almost any other team and have a place or two still available in our roster.