What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Good win,sht stadium, looked like a second division game. Was there more than 10k turned up?
There may be a few problems at Dolphin Park that need fixing. Still came across well on TV in spite of the weather.

Notwithstanding their 70 year history, the Dolphins NRL franchise is effectively a start-up business. Makes sense at this early juncture to keep all options open while they work out the best medium-term strategy.

Before long they might decide it's best to play all home games at Suncorp, but why box themselves in at this stage?

MugaB

Coach
There may be a few problems at Dolphin Park that need fixing. Still came across well on TV in spite of the weather.

Notwithstanding their 70 year history, the Dolphins NRL franchise is effectively a start-up business. Makes sense at this early juncture to keep all options open while they work out the best medium-term strategy.

Before long they might decide it's best to play all home games at Suncorp, but why box themselves in at this stage?
I reckon they'll be upgrading the stadium after a year of uninterrupted home games, at the moment for this year Suncorp going to be busy with the WC, and then theres the roar who also use that ground in the off season, need to get to a point where they can expand the stadium, whilst both redcliffe and the NRL dolphins can be in Suncorp FT or sunshine coast for a few, while they refurbish/extend, at the moment it looks great, intimate, and lively, but it needs to double its capacity to really generate funds... not that they need it, but still

They'll need to shift the ground away from the leagues club and add a standing area there, then they should build a third tier on both sides of the grandstands, the steepen the Northern grandstand
Heres what it looks like nowmoreton-daily-stadium-aerial.jpg
Below is what it can be if the shift the ground north by 20 meters (towards the right on pic),
by doing that they can add another 3 sections on both eastern and western grandstand each, on that northern corner
20230312_062400.jpg

Last edited:

Gobsmacked

Bench
I reckon they'll be upgrading the stadium after a year of uninterrupted home games, at the moment for this year Suncorp going to be busy with the WC, and then theres the roar who also use that ground in the off season, need to get to a point where they can expand the stadium, whilst both redcliffe and the NRL dolphins can be in Suncorp FT or sunshine coast for a few, while they refurbish/extend, at the moment it looks great, intimate, and lively, but it needs to double its capacity to really generate funds... not that they need it, but still

They'll need to shift the ground away from the leagues club and add a standing area there, then they should build a third tier on both sides of the grandstands, the steepen the Northern grandstand
Heres what it looks like nowView attachment 71131
Below is what it can be if the shift the ground north by 20 meters (towards the right on pic),
by doing that they can add another 3 sections on both eastern and western grandstand each, on that northern corner
View attachment 71133
They should be playing all games out of Suncorp. The Redcliffe ground is for their Qcup side and would be terrible if it was bigger.
The Dolphins should play the od trial there but they want to be a team for people from Brisbane to Central Queensland so taking more games to Redcliffe pulls back thier reach and is counter intuitive to thier goals.
We actually need a better stadium for Sunshine Coast and Rockhampton where they should be taking a couple of games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like how they don't call them Redcliffe at all. What, are they embarrassed or something?
Depending on who you believe it was either Vlandys telling them they couldn’t use it as they needed to appeal to more than a small outer suburb,
or qrl who said they couldn’t use it if they wanted to keep their qrl cup side called Redcliffe.
Or it might have been some fancy marketing company they paid a motza to for the idea lol

blukablu

Juniors
I'd imagine they are only playing games at Kayo to appease the Redcliffe fans. They'll outgrow the stadium pretty quickly.

Once the Sunshine Coast stadium gets upgraded to 16-20k, it'll be either a 9/3 or 10/2 split between Suncorp and the Sunny Coast.

greenBV4

Bench
Just wait until Dolphins get a stadium built in The, and get to host Broncos at The, shoe will be on the other foot then

Honestly the Dolphins gave this free pass to the Broncos with their stupid ass name, hopefully they eventually come to some senses and and chuck Brisbane on sooner rather than later

MugaB

Coach
Just wait until Dolphins get a stadium built in The, and get to host Broncos at The, shoe will be on the other foot then

Honestly the Dolphins gave this free pass to the Broncos with their stupid ass name, hopefully they eventually come to some senses and and chuck Brisbane on sooner rather than later
Should think higher, bigger, better
Sunshine State Dolphins, or South Queensland Dolphins

Wb1234

Referee

Dolphins are more than redcliffe now

it should be north brisbane dolphins

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s hilarious how broncos keep calling them Redcliffe to ram home the point they’re not really a brisbane club lol

if nothing else,it looks like it will make broncos get off their arses and grow the club.

Wb1234

Referee
It’s hilarious how broncos keep calling them Redcliffe to ram home the point they’re not really a brisbane club lol

if nothing else,it looks like it will make broncos get off their arses and grow the club.
But you said news ltd picked the dolphins over easts because they wouldnt be a threat to the broncos and vlandys was just taking orders from them

Pneuma

First Grade
Should be called the Great Northern Dolphins. Gives them all Queensland and the NT, and an immediate rivalry with fourex gold for Australia’s most disgusting beer.

MugaB

Coach
Or Queensland Dolphins. If the other sides get pissed off by the name that’s actually good for the game.
Yeah that's too big, they are essentially SEQ-CQ
Sunshine State or South Qld works, just having QLD only reminds me of the RU reds yuk

Perth Red

Post Whore
But you said news ltd picked the dolphins over easts because they wouldnt be a threat to the broncos and vlandys was just taking orders from them
I said they wouldnt be as big a threat as the Firehawks, who would have been a genuine Brisbane side playing all games at Suncorp. But keep making sht up.

MugaB

Coach
I said they wouldnt be as big a threat as the Firehawks, who would have been a genuine Brisbane side playing all games at Suncorp. But keep making sht up.
FMD
f**k Me Drunk!!!! Seriously dolphins have knocked it out of the park, i had them making finals in my predictions, but i didn't bank on them winning those 1st two games... yet yours still crapping on about the terrible crushers v.2 firebird bid that was thrown together overnight... your problem is the location, NOT the competitive nature of the club getting the license, Redcliffe deserved the 17th licence, they've gone and built everything from scratch, and stayed competitive doing it, but yeah east tigers carbon copy broncos will solve the derby problem, chances are they'd be nowhere near as good