What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: EELS v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 23/3/2023

Gronk

Staff member
On what planet was Waqas defence good? He was the worst defender out there.
I'll leave it for others to respond to that, however he shut down a lot of raids. He did the same thing last week. I am not defending his brain fart fumbles or giving away penalties BTW.

If the majority disagree, then you will be right I guess.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'll leave it for others to respond to that, however he shut down a lot of raids. He did the same thing last week. I am not defending his brain fart fumbles or giving away penalties BTW.

You are the one who made the comment on how good Wankers D was, oh maybe you weren’t talking about defence??

Noise

Coach

I posted before. He made 7 tackles, 4 missed and 2 ineffective. As bad as it gets. That's a tackle efficiency of 53%. I don't think I've ever seen a player get lower than that in 80 minutes. He was responsible for a heap of their attacking raids.

who's your daddy now bitches?

Fr7jcc2akAAh2Af

Gronk

Staff member
I posted before. He made 7 tackles, 4 missed and 2 ineffective. As bad as it gets. That's a tackle efficiency of 53%. I don't think I've ever seen a player get lower than that in 80 minutes. He was responsible for a heap of their attacking raids.
OK stats are cool, but their two tries were scored up the middle.

Anyway, the whole Waqa thing is moot. He won't be here next year and will be in FG until such time there is a better option. By the sounds of it, we need to "waste" a top 30 spot on Cini or you're going to have to wait until after June when Dev players can be selected.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Anyway, the whole Waqa thing is moot. He won't be here next year and will be in FG until such time there is a better option. By the sounds of it, we need to "waste" a top 30 spot on Cini or you're going to have to wait until after June when Dev players can be selected.
Ummmm the second try was scored on an edge.

IFR33K

Coach

Mate, you can’t take credit for the 2 ineffective, because u left that out initially 🤣

Noise

Coach

Huh? One of their tries was scored between Drown and Waqa. They both missed the tackle.

Waqa not being here next year is going to be a huge positive for us.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Sorry haven't read the whole thread but Hands! What was stopping him getting a run last year? After last night he did more than enough and looked a pretty decent player. Dare I say why was JA picked over him last year?

Gronk

Staff member
Huh? One of their tries was scored between Drown and Waqa. They both missed the tackle.
The first one ? Straight up the guts. The miss was Hopgood and Hodgo.

1679610321155.png

The second one, next to the posts. Who's call was that you reckon ?

1679610370036.png

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
My favourite part of every eels game is waiting with excitement to get the half time report “from the sheds”
always interesting and variety in BAs message

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sorry haven't read the whole thread but Hands! What was stopping him getting a run last year? After last night he did more than enough and looked a pretty decent player. Dare I say why was JA picked over him last year?
Another Pre-Season and year older probably helps.

He was probably a casualty through covid by losing a year or two of development.

No one can explain the JA decision last year the defenders will say we got to a GF last year but in reality outside of the Brookvale game where JA set up 2 tries he was a non-event last year.

84 Baby

Referee

Ummm literally the last person to touch Hosking on his try was Waqa

Gazzamatta

Coach
Exciting game , huge relief in the end. I still can't believe how well they executed that field goal.

At least we have learnt how to set up and execute our own.
RCGs run was huge in the set up of the field goal. I managed to watch the last 20 mins on the cruise ship and even in that short period of watching RCG was incredible. Fantastic game.

eel01s

Bench
On Waqa, he was moving quite gingerly in the pre match warm up. Leg/glute issue. Did not look comfortable the whole game.

Interesting too how gassed the Penrith forwards were after 15-20 minutes. Two or three back in the Eels defensive line on plays 2 and 3. They really only put in in defence. Our forwards were gassed towards half time.

One other point on Moses continually kicking to the left winger. Late in the second half Edwards was positioned to the left of the posts, and To'o didn't bother getting all the way back. It would have been a great tactic to kick to all that open space.

Latest posts