What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Do we need to buy a hooker when we can promote hands and he can fill that back up role??? Leave more money for quality elsewhere.
I thought it was self explanatory.

Not sure noise can help him.
My point was we might be able to buy a good hooker before end June who will be our 9 for many years. If you want to buy a centre and a middle then promote hands, then you can't.

What is hard to understand ?

What did BA say the other day ? He's only going to fill those spots with players who will benefit the club in the long term. You reckon he's wrong ?

As I said, the best solution is for Sam (or even Rein or Rankin) to give it away. Then you can get your man Hands.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My point was we might be able to buy a good hooker before end June who will be our 9 for many years. If you want to buy a centre and a middle then promote hands, then you can't.

What did BA say the other day ? He's only going to fill those spots with players who will benefit the club in the long term. You reckon he's wrong ?
Who?? We need a back up for old man Hodgson now. Even if he’s just promoted for this season. It’s not like there is a lot out there.

Chipmunk

Coach
We'll be paying Hodgson at least until 31 October 2024, I can't see us going into the market for another 9 this season.

Gronk

Staff member
We'll be paying Hodgson at least until 31 October 2024, I can't see us going into the market for another 9 this season.
Well we'll only be paying Hodgo decent coin if we want to. This has been stated ad nauseum. If he's not part of our plans but he wants to hang around, then he can but gets paid bugger all.

The SMH claimed the Eels had an option in their favour which would allow them cut ties with Hodgson after 12 months.

“There is an option in both favours so I have got two years, there is a player option and a club option in that one, so I am there for two years just to clear that one up,” Hodgson said on the Fox League podcast.

“I heard about the story, but there's an option in my favour and in the club’s favour which is obviously different in salaries, that’s why it is negotiated like that but there is an option in both favours so it will be a two-year deal.”

Noise

Coach
Well we'll only be paying Hodgo decent coin if we want to. This has been stated ad nauseum. If he's not part of our plans but he wants to hang around, then he can but gets paid bugger all.

The SMH claimed the Eels had an option in their favour which would allow them cut ties with Hodgson after 12 months.

“There is an option in both favours so I have got two years, there is a player option and a club option in that one, so I am there for two years just to clear that one up,” Hodgson said on the Fox League podcast.

“I heard about the story, but there's an option in my favour and in the club’s favour which is obviously different in salaries, that’s why it is negotiated like that but there is an option in both favours so it will be a two-year deal.”

How do you know he gets "bugger all"? The fact that he has stated it's a 2 year deal before a ball was even kicked indicates to me he wants to stay and that the option in his favour is still a pretty good deal. I reckon it's probably only a little less (50k ish) than the one in our favour.

Chipmunk

Coach

How do you know he gets "bugger all"? The fact that he has stated it's a 2 year deal before a ball was even kicked indicates to me he wants to stay and that the option in his favour is still a pretty good deal. I reckon it's probably only a little less (50k ish) than the one in our favour.
I can't see us not paying Hodgson at least $300k under his Player Option.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I also suspect that we're paying Hodgson and Rein more combined than what Mahoney wanted, or at least about the same.

You would need a back up if Mahoney was still here though.

hindy111

Post Whore

As I said, the best solution is for Sam (or even Rein or Rankin) to give it away. Then you can get your man Hands.

For the first time in a while I agree with you merkin head.
Would Rein get a gig in the UK? Laizou I doubt will. He will be punted end of season.

hindy111

Post Whore
But we’ve been told Bryce can’t be trusted

He is a good player. The thing is he isn't an impact player. Only a moron plays him as one. Impact players are guy who run hard with punch. When defense is a bit tired they are perfect. Throwing Bryce on and asking him to cha ge the games forces him to try the miracle ball. Then he gets hammered for it.

Let him start and he isn't forced to do this. If it's on he will however get you a nice ball. He is the best ball player in our side.

Having a pack of

Rcg
Jnr
Lane
Bryce
Hopgood

Hands
Matto
Doorey
Mataele/Makatoa/Murchie/Grieg

That's far more balanced. I see energy on the bench

IFR33K

Coach
He is a good player. The thing is he isn't an impact player. Only a moron plays him as one. Impact players are guy who run hard with punch. When defense is a bit tired they are perfect. Throwing Bryce on and asking him to cha ge the games forces him to try the miracle ball. Then he gets hammered for it.

Let him start and he isn't forced to do this. If it's on he will however get you a nice ball. He is the best ball player in our side.

Having a pack of

Rcg
Jnr
Lane
Bryce
Hopgood

Hands
Matto
Doorey
Mataele/Makatoa/Murchie/Grieg

That's far more balanced. I see energy on the bench

Mate, if the team played in similar quality to the way u post, we’d be 4-0