What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

HenryTatana

Juniors
Also looks like he has a hand or wrist injury which is probably why he was uncharacteristically missing tackles. There was one missed tackle in particular where it looked like he was definitely trying not to get his hand involved in the tackle.
I did notice that and mentioned it to my mate. He’s broken his thumb a couple of times before and I reckon this is the problem again.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
No, its not his thumb making him carry on like a dickhead when he stands to play the ball (every frikken time), or run up out of position, or a take atrocious shots at goal.

SaintP, over the years Zac has shown a number of instances of arrogance which his standard of play has not warranted. You would think with Sowie on the staff his kicking issues would be quickly resolved. I just wonder whether he is too arrogant to admit he has a problem with his kicking.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Also looks like he has a hand or wrist injury which is probably why he was uncharacteristically missing tackles. There was one missed tackle in particular where it looked like he was definitely trying not to get his hand involved in the tackle.
I did notice that and mentioned it to my mate. He’s broken his thumb a couple of times before and I reckon this is the problem again.

In attack Lomax rarely gets the ball in open space. He has to fight for every inch gained. He's had hand and wrist injuries so I understand it's for support.

Illusion

Bench
In attack Lomax rarely gets the ball in open space. He has to fight for every inch gained. He's had hand and wrist injuries so I understand it's for support.
Never seen him , or any other back out in the open , or get a ball with room to move , Lomax gets the ball with 3 players on him no space at all , that's why you get the dumb plays from him ......

Old Timer

Coach
Never seen him , or any other back out in the open , or get a ball with room to move , Lomax gets the ball with 3 players on him no space at all , that's why you get the dumb plays from him ......
There is a common denominator in respect of the slow and cumbersome methodology of our attack.

He kills our attack far more often than he ignites and when he does ignite it it is normally for himself and that is not very often anyway.

Then when JDB is thrown into the mix with his "legendary ball playing ability" it becomes even more pedestrian and predictable.

Hunt is at our club and not at an elite club for the simple reason he is not a marquis 7 and is not up to playing 80 minutes at 9 in the NRL and of-course his defence is suspect and easily exposed at club level where he doesn't have players doing / completing his work for him.

The best clubs / coaches knew he didn't have the game to take their clubs to a premiership.

Illusion

Bench
There is a common denominator in respect of the slow and cumbersome methodology of our attack.

He kills our attack far more often than he ignites and when he does ignite it it is normally for himself and that is not very often anyway.

Then when JDB is thrown into the mix with his "legendary ball playing ability" it becomes even more pedestrian and predictable.

Hunt is at our club and not at an elite club for the simple reason he is not a marquis 7 and is not up to playing 80 minutes at 9 in the NRL and of-course his defence is suspect and easily exposed at club level where he doesn't have players doing / completing his work for him.

The best clubs / coaches knew he didn't have the game to take their clubs to a premiership.
Agree average team across the park , if you go through our team how many would be starters in other teams ?

Mojo

Bench
Yes, and I now (after watching him expectantly for about five years) suspect there‘s more to it. Against Sharks, on one rare occasion he did actually get the ball in space, and he still didn’t attack. I found myself saying ‘ffs Lomax, run!’ - but I had already retired to my BBQ, by that stage. He epitomises the wasted years of the Dragons. Every time I look at the guy I think ‘when will it ever happen? We know this guy can play good footy.’

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
Yes, and I now (after watching him expectantly for about five years) suspect there‘s more to it. Against Sharks, on one rare occasion he did actually get the ball in space, and he still didn’t attack. I found myself saying ‘ffs Lomax, run!’ - but I had already retired to my BBQ, by that stage. He epitomises the wasted years of the Dragons. Every time I look at the guy I think ‘when will it ever happen? We know th guy can play good footy.’
Never seen Lomax in clear space in 5 seasons..what does that say about him..

Dragon David

First Grade
Our lack of speed is a real concern

If you take out the Dufty, Ramsay and Sloan tries the person to run the furthest to score in recent tears is probably Liddle who backed up off Sloan.

We have little ability to score from short range let alone long range..
Our chances of winning games is diminished because of our lack of speed in all aspects of our plays. When we have the ball the players need to be running at pace most of the time to enable better chances of getting through the defence the speedsters (haha) can be given the ball to score. In defence, they need to move quickly to nullify the attack of the opposition but not be off side of course. Our total fitness needs to be spot on.

In attack we were fortunate to have Dufty and in defence we were unfortunate to have Dufty but putting that aside, it is much more thrilling to see a guy like Dufty in the clear and run almost the length of the field.

Unless Sloan, Sullivan and Feagaii maybe, can get the right ball passed to them clear of the ruck and space to move, then they have speed, but not too electric, to run the distance of a long range try. Also Liddle as we saw against the Titans.

A team needs a couple of "brilliant" players to break any deadlocks. I don't think we have any "brilliant" players in our squad.

Sorry mate, this has been trotted out for years. He is slow in attack & defence and has a predictable step. A move to lock and buy someone with genuine pace for centre.
Young Savelio Tamale is developing in the Steelers system and will be an outstanding centre. I don't mind the idea of Lomax as a lock or even at fullback with sloan on the wing for Rava (his defensive reads are atrocious).

Mojo

Bench
Young Savelio Tamale is developing in the Steelers system and will be an outstanding centre. I don't mind the idea of Lomax as a lock or even at fullback with sloan on the wing for Rava (his defensive reads are atrocious).
Agree - IMO Lomax is best suited to fullback. Sloan is best suited to wing (at this stage). Rava's a killer when he hits but, let's face it, he's not a winger - god knows whether he can perform in the forward pack somewhere. Also, Mbye is not a hooker! That position should be rotated between Liddle and Muhleisen. Hunt, the team captain ffs, has exposed us in this central position, due to his selfish demands. Then, week after week, he sits in press conferences looking all ashamed and apologetic, next to his dumbfounded coach. It is shitting me to tears! This is St George guys - get of the fkn grass!

since77

Juniors
Never seen Lomax in clear space in 5 seasons..what does that say about him..
A better question to ask is what does that say about the way our attack is coached? He gets almost zero good ball. Playing behind a pack of forwards that are soundly beaten pretty much every week and a halfback who follows the insipid game plan Griffin trots out each week. Suli has also gone backwards this year. What were those murmurs that came out of Penrith? Griffin coaches the football OUT of players. Hopefully Lomax soon gets the benefit of a coach who will utilise his skills smartly.

Old Timer

Coach
I
Our chances of winning games is diminished because of our lack of speed in all aspects of our plays. When we have the ball the players need to be running at pace most of the time to enable better chances of getting through the defence the speedsters (haha) can be given the ball to score. In defence, they need to move quickly to nullify the attack of the opposition but not be off side of course. Our total fitness needs to be spot on.

In attack we were fortunate to have Dufty and in defence we were unfortunate to have Dufty but putting that aside, it is much more thrilling to see a guy like Dufty in the clear and run almost the length of the field.

Unless Sloan, Sullivan and Feagaii maybe, can get the right ball passed to them clear of the ruck and space to move, then they have speed, but not too electric, to run the distance of a long range try. Also Liddle as we saw against the Titans.

A team needs a couple of "brilliant" players to break any deadlocks. I don't think we have any "brilliant" players in our squad.
In actual fact we have very little idea as to who is best suited where because our structures are so bad everyone underperforms and therefore they look inadequate and underwhelming

Latest posts