What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
I’d be confident our cup team would beat the tigers first grade team.

we may not have been great to start the year, but we’re a class above tigers.

if our f+a isn’t in the positive by 6pm next Monday I’d be very surprised.

Chipmunk

Coach
I’d be confident our cup team would beat the tigers first grade team.

we may not have been great to start the year, but we’re a class above tigers.

if our f+a isn’t in the positive by 6pm next Monday I’d be very surprised.
The Tigpies For and Against after 5 rounds is exactly the same as last year.

We're not as good a team.

Why do you have this confidence?

eels_fan

First Grade
The Tigpies For and Against after 5 rounds is exactly the same as last year.

We're not as good a team.

Why do you have this confidence?
Last year we had a shit easy draw and won games (As we should have) and probably suffered from complacency against the tigers. This time around we’ve toughed out 5 hard matches, for one win, we’re not going to be complacent about just showing up and winning.

I reckon we’re playing better this year than we were this time last year, difference is the opposition we’ve faced.

Avenger

Immortal
Last year we had a shit easy draw and won games (As we should have) and probably suffered from complacency against the tigers. This time around we’ve toughed out 5 hard matches, for one win, we’re not going to be complacent about just showing up and winning.

I reckon we’re playing better this year than we were this time last year, difference is the opposition we’ve faced.
That's what BA said too. He'd know.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Our defence has gone backwards at a rate of knots, Manly aren't much chop and we got the Sharks without Hynes. Roosters had how many out???? I think we will dust the Tigers but to say we are playing better than last year is some serious cope.

Tooooks

Bench
Did u watch the Tigers play?
I’ve watched all their games this year. They’re really bad, but they don’t give up. They were well behind in a few games and kept trying.

If we equal our worst game this year as a minimum, we beat them comfortably.

Noise

Coach
Do you watch the part of the game where we dont have the ball? Because we are not better than last year. We are leaking about 25 points a game. It’s f**king terrible. To put that into context that is about 1 try per game difference compared to the 2022 wooden spoon tigers defence.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
hodgson and hopgood are just killing us around the ruck.way too many mistackles. i think hopgood has improved by reducing his minutes but hodgson is shocking. gotta start the transition to hands immediately. Dont know what to do about waqa, maybe haze can go to wing and simonson to centre? not a lot of options.

Gronk

Staff member
hodgson and hopgood are just killing us around the ruck.way too many mistackles. i think hopgood has improved by reducing his minutes but hodgson is shocking. gotta start the transition to hands immediately. Dont know what to do about waqa, maybe haze can go to wing and simonson to centre? not a lot of options.
Bailey just got a few weeks suspension, right ?

Tooooks

Bench
Do you watch the part of the game where we dont have the ball? Because we are not better than last year. We are leaking about 25 points a game. It’s f**king terrible. To put that into context that is about 1 try per game difference compared to the 2022 wooden spoon tigers defence.
We leaked 104 points after 5 games last year against inferior opposition. After 5 games this year, we’ve leaked 105.

Don’t get me wrong, our defence concerns me, but that’s probably not the best comparison.