What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
The body can be strange like that. Think of marathon runners. They only have so many in them before they can never reach the same times again and our sport being a sport of endurance and the way we want our middles playing long minutes it could be a similar thing.
With all due respect, this is both irrelevant to NRL and garbage with regards to athletics.

Haile Gebrselassie ran marathons between 2:04 and 2:08 (at the time just minutes off and on world record pace) for over a decade.

He is just a single example. There are literally 100's of examples similar both men, women, professional and amateur.

JokerEel

Coach
With all due respect, this is both irrelevant to NRL and garbage with regards to athletics.

Haile Gebrselassie ran marathons between 2:04 and 2:08 (at the time just minutes off and on world record pace) for over a decade.

He is just a single example. There are literally 100's of examples similar both men, women, professional and amateur.

He never said how many they had in them before their body gives up..😂

TheRam

Coach
If our middles were tired in September we wouldn’t have won in Townsville.

The fact is we aren’t as well resourced as bigger clubs so we have fewer options. Our strengths are our middles and long kicking game, and to benefit from them we need to control the ball and finish our sets. When that doesn’t happen we have to do too much defending and our middles are taken out of the game. Much like how Leota only makes five runs when he is forced to spend his 35 minutes tackling.

We are going around in circles mate. The chicken or the egg?

We get tired and lose the middle and need to defend for long periods of time, why? Just happens since we have such great middles and great kicking game?

Fatigue makes cowards of us all, even before the game has started. They are knackered mate, even if they don't know or feel it before the game. The only way to fix that properly is to have a better producing junior system that can relieve our boppers from that heavy toll and burden that they are currently under.

Wake up, don't be a Potato Head - Jar Head disciple all your life.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s not everybody else. It’s a little gang of three or four merkins teaming up on one bloke because you don’t like his politics.
I don’t give a f**k about his politics, I’m not political at all. I just think he’s a sanctimonious knob who picks fights with everyone and then is happy to play the victim when they return in kind. But yeah poor Gronky is being bullied lol.

TheRam

Coach
It's not the body that necessarily gives up, elite marathon runners run 200km per week in training. It becomes a proper pain in the arse.

What do you think not being arsed means at that level? Mental fatigue is what separates winners and losers. When you can't be arsed putting in the necessary work and someone else can then guess who ends up winning?

Example of someone that had very few injuries while playing. Cameron Smith, but at 36 odd he couldn't be arsed to keep going, mentally in other words he was cooked and he is the GOAT that didn't need to take hitups every time he touched the ball. At times in offense he could play in a dinner suit depending on the circumstances. It all counts in the end. But he like I said was is the GOAT and a level of player we have never seen before.

We we are mentally and physically cooking our middles. I'm staggered that you and braille Jar-Head boy can't see the bleeding obvious. Not!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We get tired and lose the middle and need to defend for long periods of time, why? Just happens since we have such great middles and great kicking game?
Not completing our sets. Panicking when the opposition defence fires up and stops us making easy metres. Instead of putting our big boy pants on and taking the hits we look for the easy option and throw shit passes to supports under pressure. Wherever we’ve beaten Penrith it’s when we’ve stayed patient, soaked up the defensive pressure, and let them wear themselves out with their aggressive defence.

What the Panthers forwards are sweating on is for teams to blink and turn over the ball. That lets them have a rest while their fullback and wingers make the tough runs. Our middles don’t have that luxury so they need to hang onto the ball while the opposition is shutting down the passing game. Their line speed is unsustainable if they’re forced to do their share of defending.

You need to watch the whole game rather than just the big moments. It’s why you’re always angry and confused. Because you don’t know what’s causing what.

Gronk

Staff member
What do you think not being arsed means at that level? Mental fatigue is what separates winners and losers. When you can't be arsed putting in the necessary work and someone else can then guess who ends up winning?

Example of someone that had very few injuries while playing. Cameron Smith, but at 36 odd he couldn't be arsed to keep going, mentally in other words he was cooked and he is the GOAT that didn't need to take hitups every time he touched the ball. At times in offense he could play in a dinner suit depending on the circumstances. It all counts in the end. But he like I said was is the GOAT and a level of player we have never seen before.

We we are mentally and physically cooking our middles. I'm staggered that you and braille Jar-Head boy can't see the bleeding obvious. Not!

Sorry mate. Using marathon runner in the context of NRL players didn't work. All good, but don't bother persisting with it.

Gronk

Staff member
Nah Pou is Pou, I don’t agree with a lot of what he posts but he never plays the man or sooks when someone replies in kind. Unlike Gronky.
FFS this all started because you accused me of "having a crack at you". Ever since you lost your lollies and have been yelling obscenities. I mean, I was very civil. So who is having a sook and playing the man ? FMD you're a hot head.

You tell me so I can apologize. What did I say that upset you so much for you to be still angry 18 hours later ?

1684981606573.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FFS this all started because you accused me of "having a crack at you". Ever since you lost your lollies and have been yelling obscenities. I mean, I was very civil. So who is having a sook and playing the man ? FMD you're a hot head.

You tell me so I can apologize. What did I say that upset you so much for you to be still angry 18 hours later ?

View attachment 74682
Drama Queen gonna drama lol. Seriously dude ffs