What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Vibing

Juniors
Geez you are dumb.... It's clearly been "shared" to their "stakeholders"... you know the CEO of one of their clubs being one.... I swear you get less intelligent with every post. Even a half-wit should have done better than that.
fans aren't stake holders you stupid f**king toffball wanker ?

save it Tea cup ,
if it can't be proven ... it didn't happen

thats how the real world works , we're not all in some vichyball bubble

Te Kaha

First Grade
fans aren't stake holders you stupid f**king toffball wanker ?

save it Tea cup ,
if it can't be proven ... it didn't happen

thats how the real world works , we're not all in some vichyball bubble

Why do "fans" need to know TV ratings? It's only the insecure on here who seem to care.

That you don't believe the truth is as irrelevant as you are. NZ Rugby, knows the truth. SkyTV knows the truth... unlike you, that's all that matters.

It's funny how the truth actually physically hurts you... your ego must be so very fragile.

Oh by the way, what are the NRL ratings in NZ? By your logic, they must be terrible since they aren't being released.. or even mentioned.

Matua

Bench
They won’t be swimming in cash if they invest in things with a bad return for them

their last investment is showing a ten percent annual income

the nz govt will be making tourism dollars from the wc, and the nz economy will be making money it’s their job
So no it’s a bad idea
Ok, so despite the hype on this thread about dealing a blow to rugby you're not committed enough for the whale in the game to invest* in a WC then. Fair enough. But the NZ govt aren't going to invest (and I'm not saying they wont, but others have noted it's risky in an election year) if they don't think they will get a decent return. But, it's not the NZ govts job to bankroll league's WC.

* Investing in this context need not be for financial return.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In all honesty it doesn’t really matter, all that matters is how much tv values a sport and is willing to pay for it. If that keeps increasing then Happy days for that sport. Playing and watching sport is changing massively from just a few years ago. You can’t really compare past performance in the stats to current because of that. More and more people are watching catch up and shorts rather sitting through whole games.

Te Kaha

First Grade
In all honesty it doesn’t really matter, all that matters is how much tv values a sport and is willing to pay for it. If that keeps increasing then Happy days for that sport. Playing and watching sport is changing massively from just a few years ago. You can’t really compare past performance in the stats to current because of that. More and more people are watching catch up and shorts rather sitting through whole games.

Exactly, as long as the Sports body and the TV operators are happy it doesn't matter what idiots on an internet forum do or do not believe.

Matua

Bench
Yep, and Sky is happy to bankroll NZ rugby.

Wb1234

Referee
Ok, so despite the hype on this thread about dealing a blow to rugby you're not committed enough for the whale in the game to invest* in a WC then. Fair enough. But the NZ govt aren't going to invest (and I'm not saying they wont, but others have noted it's risky in an election year) if they don't think they will get a decent return. But, it's not the NZ govts job to bankroll league's WC.

* Investing in this context need not be for financial return.
55 million zero chance

and they have around 150 million cash rn

that’s going into commercial property

it’s up to the nz govt to subsidise as they derive the economic benefits

spending tens of millions so someone else can make money from you is a good way to go broke

it’ll probably end up shared with oz is the current talk but I hope nz gets the final

we can replicate Wally Lewis with a broken arm winning the wc for oz against nz at eden park

if the arlc actually controlled it and received the tv revenues and gate taking then they may invest more into it

Wb1234

Referee
hahahahaha
how convenient

again

twust us
we're doin so so well

Happy Amanda Rollins GIF by Law & Order
The reason why nz and australia don’t publish super rugby crowds …..

commercial in confidence

very soon they will be listing the tv ratings as tba

Gobsmacked

Bench
While twitter is a terrible source of information. Wally likes to post links to it all the time. Funnily enough he didn't post this one, even though he posted IN the actual twitter thread... brilliant!.

Seems viewing figures are better than the circle jerk on here would like.

There's clues in that tweet:
Words chosen " historical volume "
Historical, like 2020 during covid?
Then there's " highlights package " like the one's I watch for free on YouTube?

If you thought that ceo' are going to talk their companies situation down, you really are about as smart as a post. They find a way to spin things positively and keep the clear facts outside of public view.

Gobsmacked

Bench
While twitter is a terrible source of information. Wally likes to post links to it all the time. Funnily enough he didn't post this one, even though he posted IN the actual twitter thread... brilliant!.

Seems viewing figures are better than the circle jerk on here would like.

Te Kaha

First Grade
There's clues in that tweet:
Words chosen " historical volume "
Historical, like 2020 during covid?
Then there's " highlights package " like the one's I watch for free on YouTube?

If you thought that ceo' are going to talk their companies situation down, you really are about as smart as a post. They find a way to spin things positively and keep the clear facts outside of public view.

BAHAHAHA... keep grasping at straws all you like, or you could read his actual thread...
.. "as strong as any time since 2006.".. and we actually have those figures in this thread.
.. "I can’t show you the actual numbers. Commercially sensitive and not my data. I saw the average broadcast numbers and they go back to 2007. If I had permission to make them public I would."

That you guys don't believe it means nothing. But the truth is NZ still watches Super Rugby and its far from dying.

Gobsmacked

Bench
BAHAHAHA... keep grasping at straws all you like, or you could read his actual thread...
.. "as strong as any time since 2006.".. and we actually have those figures in this thread.
.. "I can’t show you the actual numbers. Commercially sensitive and not my data. I saw the average broadcast numbers and they go back to 2007. If I had permission to make them public I would."

That you guys don't believe it means nothing. But the truth is NZ still watches Super Rugby and its far from dying.
Just today the the RA CEO was forced to defend dropping an Australian club.. when Super Rugby finally does drop a team and the NRL add 1 ... it will deal a massive blow to Rugby in NZ

Te Kaha

First Grade
Just today the the RA CEO was forced to defend dropping an Australian club.. when Super Rugby finally does drop a team and the NRL add 1 ... it will deal a massive blow to Rugby in NZ

Bahahaha... cling to that, it's all you've got.

Super Rugby isn't "dying" here, and NZ2 is dead in the water... It's not been a good time for you since this thread started.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Bahahaha... cling to that, it's all you've got.

Super Rugby isn't "dying" here, and NZ2 is dead in the water... It's not been a good time for you since this thread started.

Latest posts