What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
The nrl grant certainly does make investing in an nrl club now more attractive. Clubs genegating $13-15mill football revenue (warriors are doing this) are now making a profit. There’s a lot of sports investment companies in the world these days looking for where to buy next. Nz2 could be an attractive proposition, but at this time no there are no public bid teams for a second nz club.
Yeh thats the thing that puzzles me

an nrl team is worth a minimum of 20 million and the nrl don’t charge for licenses

well run clubs should make millions of profits pa esp nz2

it would be an excellent asset to own

Vibing

Juniors
So a mythical organisation can manipulate SKYTV now? Your lies are getting bigger and bigger.
they have twat
controlling information ... thats the caper of Nazi Germany
Nth Korea
& a novel by George Orwell

what are they hiding Tea cup ?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Wanna share why there's no chance?

No bids,
No prospect of bids,
No suitable stadia,
No TV money,
No Govt money,
No Local Council money,
Better bids in aussie for Aussie TV,
Existing clubs prefer status quo in being able to rape NZ of players,
Clubs will go with whichever bid brings in the most money i.e Aussie TV money

And that's for starters.

Te Kaha

First Grade
they have twat
controlling information ... thats the caper of Nazi Germany
Nth Korea
& a novel by George Orwell

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you believe a non existent organisation can manipulate SkyTV in NZ?????? Wow the stupid is REALLY strong in you today.

Gobsmacked

Bench
No bids,
No prospect of bids,
No suitable stadia,
No TV money,
No Govt money,
No Local Council money,
Better bids in aussie for Aussie TV,
Existing clubs prefer status quo in being able to rape NZ of players,
Clubs will go with whichever bid brings in the most money i.e Aussie TV money

And that's for starters.
You're right. Yeah there's no chance.

Perth Red

Post Whore

an nrl team is worth a minimum of 20 million and the nrl don’t charge for licenses

It’s only the last 12 months most clubs have moved from loss makers to profitable. We haven’t yet seen the $2mill cap increase impact in 2023 and if I was an investor I’d want to see a 5 year profit history before I bought in to an nrl club. If the clubs can keep making money then I suspect we will see much more private equity ownership of clubs in the next decade.

Vibing

Juniors
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you believe a non existent organisation can manipulate SkyTV in NZ?????? Wow the stupid is REALLY strong in you today.
don't publish the ratings sky
pleeeeassse don't

we'd be ever so grateful

we live in a free & transparent society but not as far as wugby in NZ is concerned
we will tell you what we want to tell you

Matua

Bench
vs super rugby nz tba

maybe rugby league took all the crowd counting machines there weren’t any left for union
There was 21k at the Super game in Auckland played at the same time as the Warriors.

Not all Super games have crap crowds, and not all Super games don't have published crowd numbers. Games between the Chiefs, Blues, Crusaders and sometimes Canes draw decent crowds. Games against Oz teams draw pretty shit crowds currently, but once they're strengthened they should bring in bigger numbers. Historically the Brumbies could attract decent crowds in NZ.

Which is not to say that NZR aren't trying to increase crowd numbers, but Sky have acknowledged (and this will set vibing off) on Breakdown that they're happy with the TV/streaming viewership - they'd prefer larger crowds but it doesn't impact them too much.

everyone watching the warriors even all blacks
As we repeatedly tell you, there mostly isn't the stupid them and us in NZ, we generally don't have the shitfighting you guys love so much. So it's no surprise an ex AB would be watching the Warriors in his home province. I can guarantee there would have been other ex ABs there too.

Is this you announcing you're putting a bid in for NZ2? If you would like some demographic advice for you bid then let me know. My fees are reasonable. ;)

Vibing

Juniors
Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Te Kaha

First Grade
don't publish the ratings sky
pleeeeassse don't

we'd be ever so grateful

we live in a free & transparent society but not as far as wugby in NZ is concerned
we will tell you what we want to tell you

BAHAHAHA you DO actually believe a non existent organisation can control SkyTV.... wow...

Wb1234

Referee
It’s only the last 12 months most clubs have moved from loss makers to profitable. We haven’t yet seen the $2mill cap increase impact in 2023 and if I was an investor I’d want to see a 5 year profit history before I bought in to an nrl club. If the clubs can keep making money then I suspect we will see much more private equity ownership of clubs in the next decade.

the new funding model is even better than the old (5 million funding over cap vs 3 million)

heck even you could run an nrl clubs at a profit

there was an article a while back about how club owners were really happy with the new funding model as it increased club values

manly got offered 18 million

cannon brooks bought a share at south’s valuing it at 80 million

this will only go up over time and is just the license value not any assets they own

There was 21k at the Super game in Auckland played at the same time as the Warriors.

Not all Super games have crap crowds, and not all Super games don't have published crowd numbers. Games between the Chiefs, Blues, Crusaders and sometimes Canes draw decent crowds. Games against Oz teams draw pretty shit crowds currently, but once they're strengthened they should bring in bigger numbers. Historically the Brumbies could attract decent crowds in NZ.

Which is not to say that NZR aren't trying to increase crowd numbers, but Sky have acknowledged (and this will set vibing off) on Breakdown that they're happy with the TV/streaming viewership - they'd prefer larger crowds but it doesn't impact them too much.

As we repeatedly tell you, there mostly isn't the stupid them and us in NZ, we generally don't have the shitfighting you guys love so much. So it's no surprise an ex AB would be watching the Warriors in his home province. I can guarantee there would have been other ex ABs there too.

Is this you announcing you're putting a bid in for NZ2? If you would like some demographic advice for you bid then let me know. My fees are reasonable. ;)
Ah tba is only for the crap crowds ok

Vibing

Juniors
seriously what TV or sports organisation keeps its performance secret

the A League , another sports comp in this region
posts every crowd , every awful crowd & its diabolical TV performances

transparency is critical

Te Kaha

First Grade
seriously what TV or sports organisation keeps its performance secret

the A League , another sports comp in this region
posts every crowd , every awful crowd & its diabolical TV performances

transparency is critical

Rugby League in NZ.

Wb1234

Referee
don't need to contact anyone
its obvious they're in cahoots with NZ wugby to control information & you don't do that if it isn't bad & a lil embarrassing

We will tell you what we want to tell you
That’s true

nzru got 5 percent ownership in sky as part of the last tv deal

shame the shares collapsed after