What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
The QLD govt is about to drop $1B on the Gabba redevelopment, there ain't no cash left for a stadium in Cairns.

This is a f**king shit idea, and everyone knows it, they just think it's funny to shitpost about it being good
It is a great idea....

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Funded by govt...check
Include a 3rd country into the NRL comp.. check
Involve cairns in a more meaningful way... check
Increase player pool..check
Piss off the perf whingers...check
All works in favor of the NRL

Govt wants PNG nrl team, will pay whatever it takes.
NRL wants A Pacifika team to generate player pathways... and doesn't want to pay for it
Png just want a team... everyones happy

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think it's the wrong way to go.

But I'm going to enjoy AFL Red's meltdown
No melt down from me, I think it’s a batsht crazy idea but I’m all for new areas not same old same old so if it’s png for club18 then that’s great from growing the game point of view. Nrl has lacked any balls re expansion for the 12 years I’ve been following the discussions and this would finally show some.

l fear it’s going to be very hard work to make the club competitive and viable and that might set back future expansion a long time but hey ho it’ll be fun.

MugaB

Coach
No melt down from me, I think it’s a batsht crazy idea but I’m all for new areas not same old same old so if it’s png for club18 then that’s great from growing the game point of view. Nrl has lacked any balls re expansion for the 12 years I’ve been following the discussions and this would finally show some.

l fear it’s going to be very hard work to make the club competitive and viable and that might set back future expansion a long time but hey ho it’ll be fun.
If anything it will make the likes of easts brisbane or norths bears more favorable rather than perth or adelaide, due to the safer bet rather than the ballsy expansion it is

Perth Red

Post Whore
It smacks of scrambling trying to get ducks in a row to make up the disaster of a tv deal. No coincidence that tv negotiations will begin in 2026 and that’s when he wants the 9th game by, I’d also suggest he has in mind to include a tenth game in the negotiations. If tv willing to pay for it then they’ll announce two more teams to come in for 2028.

Turbo charged? ,lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
I honestly think V'Landys is just feeding the chickens with this.

Gives Pete Badel and Brent Read something to print in the sunday papers.
Stops too many questions about Vegas as well, and did the nrl pay for him to be at the Kentucky derby doing deals for racing nsw?

Wb1234

Referee

Govt funding makes them one of the richest nrl clubs so no worries there

Wayne bennett as coach

MugaB

Coach
It smacks of scrambling trying to get ducks in a row to make up the disaster of a tv deal. No coincidence that tv negotiations will begin in 2026 and that’s when he wants the 9th game by, I’d also suggest he has in mind to include a tenth game in the negotiations. If tv willing to pay for it then they’ll announce two more teams to come in for 2028.

Turbo charged? ,lol
Love that saying... turbo charged
.. as cringeworthy as it is, i can imagine them all sitting around a table hashing out expansion ideas, and other plans, then chuckling about the word "Turbo charged"

videotogif_2022.07.06_12.38.02.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
Govt funding makes them one of the richest nrl clubs so no worries there

Wayne bennett as coach
It will need to do for them to have any hope of a future. Hopefully they get more than they need and can invest some in a pokie den or something for when the govt money finishes.

MugaB

Coach
It will need to do for them to have any hope of a future. Hopefully they get more than they need and can invest some in a pokie den or something for when the govt money finishes.
Perth ditto...
Whoops WA govt dont do that stuff... oh well

Steel Saints

Juniors
It smacks of scrambling trying to get ducks in a row to make up the disaster of a tv deal. No coincidence that tv negotiations will begin in 2026 and that’s when he wants the 9th game by, I’d also suggest he has in mindyn to include a tenth game in the negotiations. If tv willing to pay for it then they’ll announce two more teams to come in for 2028.

Turbo charged? ,lol

Highly unlikely.

MugaB

Coach
Highly unlikely.
I don't know, i can see the value in the ARLC doing something or atleast talking about it after 2027, they'll have 5 years to organise it, thats do able especially since these expansions would have been done in that time

Latest posts