What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Wally21

Bench
L
What Raaaayyy doesnt understand and accept is that the percentage of Eels fans who actually give a shit and listen to him is probably about 4-5%. I reckon only those people over 60 think Ray matters.

I am more pissed that the NRL (Abdo) listen to him because they think he has power - he should be ignored by the NRL and like any bully, he will disappear into the insignificance he deserves.
Like his mate “Gloria” Jones, he will become less and less relevant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year that's correct if he gets promoted to the top 30 he goes to minimum wage. Which is 130k?

I would assume Jake would have been on 200k? But Sanders wont play first grade this year or even Cup probably finish the year in Flegg when back from injury.
I expected Sanders to play reserve grade this year. He is too good for Flegg.

Avenger

Immortal
My guess is about $175k

I doubt it. He has far more potential and that’s why there is so much demand the media is reporting on it.

Sanders might only be worth position 30 in the short term but he will be getting offers based on his potential over the medium term.

Given my points above I’m sure you’ll agree you were a bit hasty with your derision. I hope we can keep Sanders at a reasonable price, and letting go of Arthur’s theoretically frees up a top 30 position and cash, if it hasn’t been used by other signings (e.g. Ofahengaue).

If we keep Sanders it will probably have been worth getting rid of Arthur’s. But don’t kid yourself that demand won’t be a factor in the price of either player.
We will keep him which is why Moses signed for only 3 years with an option. We will know where he is truly at in 2025 a year before Moses decides what he wants to do.

#thatstheplan

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Sanders is 19 already ( I assumed 18 ) and as hot a talent as people think he'd be knocking on NRL soon. Probably by 2025 at the latest.
The fact we went all in for Moses suggests he may not be the sure thing fans think he is.
A player can be a sure thing and still never be as good as Moses is right now. The Moses signing was to maintain our premiership chances in the short term. The four year contract was just the cost of doing business. I’d say if Sanders ends up good enough for first grade while Moses is here we will move Drown to fullback. Gutherson’s final year is 2025. He might play centre by then. Not ideal, but part of the succession process.

TheRam

Coach
If his name was Smith, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was part of the batch of kids that came through. Russell, Penisini, Loizou and Arthur who all surged through and were all considered for NRL almost straight away by jumping Flegg. You say HIS DAD picked him but what you ignore were the actual lack of selection alternatives. There were f**k all. He didn't road block good kids coming through because there was a covid black hole of talent and we are still dealing with it.

If you had a penis, you'd be a man.

JokerEel

Coach
We will keep him which is why Moses signed for only 3 years with an option. We will know where he is truly at in 2025 a year before Moses decides what he wants to do.

#thatstheplan

Fingers crossed we can influence our Juniors to stick around and learn from Moses instead of chasing the quick $$$

JokerEel

Coach
A player can be a sure thing and still never be as good as Moses is right now. The Moses signing was to maintain our premiership chances in the short term. The four year contract was just the cost of doing business. I’d say if Sanders ends up good enough for first grade while Moses is here we will move Drown to fullback. Gutherson’s final year is 2025. He might play centre by then. Not ideal, but part of the succession process.

I could see this happening if we dont have a young fullback coming in..

TheCrowe

Juniors
Bringing in Arthur meant Moses could fill Drown’s playmaking role, with Arthur as an alternate kicker if Moses was caught on the 5th. Cartwright has no kicking game, and I would say he’s a worse edge defender than Arthur.

I’m keen to see how we use Asi. He can cover Drown’s playmaking to an extent, but he isn’t good enough to just take over his role as our primary playmaker. Moses will still need to step up there, but then can Asi kick well enough for Moses to run the ball late in the count?
He has the spiral bomb. What more could U want FFS!

Gronk

Staff member
I expected Sanders to play reserve grade this year. He is too good for Flegg.
Depends on injuries.

I would think Blaize would be up in cup first (But he is also injured)
Well there must be a reason why the coaching staff persist on picking Ron Massey players in NSW cup and only drip feed Flegg kids. Some of the Flegg forwards are getting game time but hardly any backs. Most of the backs end up injured at that age !

JokerEel

Coach
Well there must be a reason why the coaching staff persist on picking Ron Massey players in NSW cup and only drip feed Flegg kids. Some of the Flegg forwards are getting game time but hardly any backs. Most of the backs end up injured at that age !

The ones that have gone up to play NSWcup have also been injured... The Fullback with a - in his name to mention.