What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Bringing in Arthur meant Moses could fill Drown’s playmaking role, with Arthur as an alternate kicker if Moses was caught on the 5th. Cartwright has no kicking game, and I would say he’s a worse edge defender than Arthur.

I’m keen to see how we use Asi. He can cover Drown’s playmaking to an extent, but he isn’t good enough to just take over his role as our primary playmaker. Moses will still need to step up there, but then can Asi kick well enough for Moses to run the ball late in the count?

U have a flaccid penis

Gronk

Staff member
Enough, nobody ran him out of town. Are two yobbos in a carpark represent everyone? Maybe his dad did it when he knew deep down there were better options and he was exposed as a nepo kid. I’ve heard ex players describe him as the new age Scott Fulton. And it isn’t his fault either. I don’t blame Jake at all. It was his dad’s fault. Every time he was number 14 I’d vomit in my mouth a little.
So you agree that I never said that Sanders and Arthurs abilities were comparable and that I said that Arthur was average ? That I was only lamenting the fact that good NRL clubs need backups in the halves. Not necessarily NRL players in the waiting, but someone who can just do a job a few times a year. That's all I was saying....

As for how why what with Jake, well your opinion is one of many. There are also ex-players who think that he's been treated like no other player in living memory.

Avenger

Immortal
Imagine being 20 and thinking everyone or at least a majority that supported the club you played for hated you. I remember a home game last year when his name came up on the board and you could mostly hear boos... It couldn't have been easy.

I am assuming He and his Dad though it was the best interest for his career to move on. Why other reason would we let him go?

Dont think I am defending his position in the team I think Asi will do a better job and hopefully when back from Injury our other 3 halves come through...
And why did it happen? Because the poor kid wasn’t good enough. I don’t endorse that behaviour but I’ve been following the Eels since 1977 and never have I witnessed our own players being booed like that. Not even in the lean times of the early 90’s.

Avenger

Immortal
So you agree that I never said that Sanders and Arthurs abilities were comparable and that I said that Arthur was average ? That I was onlty lamenting the fact that good NRL clubs need backups in the halves. Not necessarily NRL players in the waiting, but someone who can just do a job a few times a year. That's all I was saying....

As for how why what with Jake, well your opinion is one of many. There are also ex-players who think that he's be treated like no other player in living memory.
He was treated unfairly I agree but it happened because his dad picked him when everyone knew he wasn’t good enough. At least give me that FFS.

JokerEel

Coach
And why did it happen? Because the poor kid wasn’t good enough. I don’t endorse that behaviour but I’ve been following the Eels since 1977 and never have I witnessed our own players being booed like that. Not even in the lean times of the early 90’s.

He was good enough for maybe 1-2 games in the first year 2020 last year he should not have been on the bench last year that's the Coaches fault. But it happened I have seen some worse players play for us in the last 10 years that should have been Booed but didnt.. I wonder if it was because he was also the coaches son...

hindy111

Post Whore
He was treated unfairly I agree but it happened because his dad picked him when everyone knew he wasn’t good enough. At least give me that FFS.

Ha since me and my crew have stopped replying to the big man from the east it looks like he is chasing you around like a horny little school girl. If you want to join the crew let me know.

Gronk

Staff member
If his name was Smith, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was part of the batch of kids that came through. Russell, Penisini, Loizou and Arthur who all surged through and were all considered for NRL almost straight away by jumping Flegg. You say HIS DAD picked him but what you ignore were the actual lack of selection alternatives. There were f**k all. He didn't road block good kids coming through because there was a covid black hole of talent and we are still dealing with it.

Avenger

Immortal
If his name was Smith, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was part of the batch of kids that came through. Russell, Penisini, Loizou and Arthur who all surged through and were all considered for NRL almost straight away by jumping Flegg. You say HIS DAD picked him but what you ignore were the actual lack of selection alternatives. There were f**k all. He didn't road block good kids coming through because there was a covid black hole of talent and we are still dealing with it.
Will Smith. The end. Was the better option. Nathan Brown said it too and was exiled.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How much do you think Arthur was on ?
My guess is about $175k
Sanders if he stays will get position 30 at best.
I doubt it. He has far more potential and that’s why there is so much demand the media is reporting on it.

Sanders might only be worth position 30 in the short term but he will be getting offers based on his potential over the medium term.
This is less than what Jake Arthur was on. So what’s your point, circular boy ?
Given my points above I’m sure you’ll agree you were a bit hasty with your derision. I hope we can keep Sanders at a reasonable price, and letting go of Arthur’s theoretically frees up a top 30 position and cash, if it hasn’t been used by other signings (e.g. Ofahengaue).

If we keep Sanders it will probably have been worth getting rid of Arthur’s. But don’t kid yourself that demand won’t be a factor in the price of either player.

JokerEel

Coach

Bloody Rankin all he had to do was travel and we wouldn't be having this discussion!!!

Gronk

Staff member
How old is Josh Lynn and for those that have actually seen them play more than once, who is the better prospect?
Well he played U19s. He wasn't good enough to crack Flegg, but did when Sanders got injured and then he got injured. These kids sure get injured a lot.

Latest posts