What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Gobsmacked

Bench
That's a perfect example of how to say your idiot without saying it. Just because you weren't good enough to play at a decent level, doesn't mean others weren't.
I'll tell you something.
Intelligent people don't spend all day on a forum telling everyone they're stupid. That's just the reality.
I'm not calling you stupid but I know and interact with some very intelligent people and this isn't the go of people with high intellect.
They generally try to avoid stupid people 🤷‍♂️
But honestly mate it's not healthy to interact with your fellow man in this way.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I'll tell you something.
Intelligent people don't spend all day on a forum telling everyone they're stupid. That's just the reality.
I'm not calling you stupid but I know and interact with some very intelligent people and this isn't the go of people with high intellect.
They generally try to avoid stupid people 🤷‍♂️
But honestly mate it's not healthy to interact with your fellow man in this way.

I only tell people that they're stupid if they post like they are... your post is a prime example of one. You're posting dribble as if it's fact. Thats stupid.

Gobsmacked

Bench
No bids,
No Sky money,
No central govt help,
No Local govt help,
PNG prefered,
Two other highly credible bids
Warriors don't want it.
Aussie TV would rather an Aussie team.

It's dead.
You're not making any sense.
You say you played league and administered league, like league and given the right investment into juniors support a new league team in NZ, you even watched the Warriors game on the weekend and liked it.
You've already stated your support for another nz team 🤷‍♂️
So now you're against rl in nz and don't want them to get another team?
The only reason for that is you're worried about it's effects on Union.. but also state that it couldn't effect NZ union .
Looks like you're at odds with yourself. Would you like us to let you have a private argument with yourself?
You could spend all day telling yourself how stupid you are 💁‍♂️

Te Kaha

First Grade
You're not making any sense.
You say you played league and administered league, like league and given the right investment into juniors support a new league team in NZ, you even watched the Warriors game on the weekend and liked it.
You've already stated your support for another nz team 🤷‍♂️
So now you're against rl in nz and don't want them to get another team?
The only reason for that is you're worried about it's effects on Union.. but also state that it couldn't effect NZ union .
Looks like you're at odds with yourself. Would you like us to let you have a private argument with yourself?
You could spend all day telling yourself how stupid you are 💁‍♂️

See there you go again, stating opinion as fact, being stupid. Also serious reading comprehension matters.

For starters, you have misrepresented what I stated.
Before I would support a second team here, there needs to be millions spent on the game here, There needs to be real pathways for players, so they can stay in their regions longer and help develop the next generation of players.
By binging in another team all that would happen is the remaining players would centralise at the new city and kill off the last vestiges of Regional League. It is in no way good for NZ League, it is only good for the NRL, and after all that's all you care about.

But once again, it's a moot point, NZ2 is dead. If they spend the next decade investing in the grassroots, NZ2 may actually be viable then.

Perth Red

Post Whore
For nz2 A lot depends on
1. if png is real or a pipedream
2. if nrl is serious about going to 20 teams in next decade
3. if png happens will it link with easts

at moment we have 4 possible locations for 3 possible places. But lots of ifs in all of that.

nz2’s only hope is if nrl goes to 20 clubs and easts join with png, or png is a pipedream And nrl goes to 20 clubs.

Gobsmacked

Bench
For nz2 A lot depends on

at moment we have 4 possible locations for 3 possible places. But lots of ifs in all of that.

nz2’s only hope is if nrl goes to 20 clubs and easts join with png, or png is a pipedream And nrl goes to 20 clubs.
NZ2 is happening next mate. Writings on the wall

Wb1234

Referee
For nz2 A lot depends on

It’ll be png and Perth nailed on

if brisbane tigers links with png then brisbane 3 misses out as team 20 and nz2 get that spot

thank me later

Te Kaha

First Grade

I know you are grasping at straws, but constantly posting an article from over a year ago, when a lot has changed. including the NRL preferring another bid, when there isn't one from NZm is getting more than a tad desperate.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I know you are grasping at straws, but constantly posting an article from over a year ago, when a lot has changed. including the NRL preferring another bid, when there isn't one from NZm is getting more than a tad desperate.
The chief executive of the NRL has indicated that New Zealand will be the next team.
As a chief executive he chooses his words wisely... and to this date hasn’t stated anything to the contrary.
A year ago the cards were laid on the table and everyone on here ignores that for political sounds bites and conjecture.
You're welcome to ignore it but it's happening. They've been working on it the whole time, the timing, everything.
They're waiting for the Dolphins to finish lapping up as much media exposure as possible to help them, then it's: the next team will be in NZ, we will start accepting bids- they will come out of the woodwork.
I'm anticipating an announcement around 2 weeks after the gf for 2025.

Te Kaha

First Grade
The chief executive of the NRL has indicated that New Zealand will be the next team.
As a chief executive he chooses his words wisely... and to this date hasn’t stated anything to the contrary.
A year ago the cards were laid on the table and everyone on here ignores that for political sounds bites and conjecture.
You're welcome to ignore it but it's happening. They've been working on it the whole time, the timing, everything.
They're waiting for the Dolphins to finish lapping up as much media exposure as possible to help them, then it's: the next team will be in NZ, we will start accepting bids- they will come out of the woodwork.
I'm anticipating an announcement around 2 weeks after the gf for 2025.

There you go again with your reading comprehension issues. what he actually said was
"“There’s no doubt New Zealand is an enormous market for us,” he said. “Some of our best players in recent years have come from New Zealand and we’re certainly committed to investing in the region and seeing more talent unlocked and emerge through pathways systems. New Zealand is a critical component of our competition.""
AND
"Beyond that, the commission is open to looking at 18 teams down the track and open-minded about the location of potential new markets.”

Your claim that "The chief executive of the NRL has indicated that New Zealand will be the next team." is patently wrong.

What he did, the same thing he did for Perth, was to gauge interest... From Perth there was... from NZ, not a peep. 12 months later, STILL no peep.
There are now three bids with local or national government funding. There wont be any of that from NZ.

So you think by November we will know that there is no bid from NZ and they announce where the new team will actually be based? I hope you are to depressed when its announced.

Gobsmacked

Bench
There you go again with your reading comprehension issues. what he actually said was
"“There’s no doubt New Zealand is an enormous market for us,” he said. “Some of our best players in recent years have come from New Zealand and we’re certainly committed to investing in the region and seeing more talent unlocked and emerge through pathways systems. New Zealand is a critical component of our competition.""
AND
"Beyond that, the commission is open to looking at 18 teams down the track and open-minded about the location of potential new markets.”

Your claim that "The chief executive of the NRL has indicated that New Zealand will be the next team." is patently wrong.

What he did, the same thing he did for Perth, was to gauge interest... From Perth there was... from NZ, not a peep. 12 months later, STILL no peep.
There are now three bids with local or national government funding. There wont be any of that from NZ.

So you think by November we will know that there is no bid from NZ and they announce where the new team will actually be based? I hope you are to depressed when its announced.
And what are you talking about with Centralising talent? The whole point of being talented is to go to the big time with all the other talent. The point of identifying talent and nurturing it, is so they can go on to better things. You want Russell crow doing theatre in Dubbo? It makes no sense.
You're just some self serving old prick that doesn't want to loose your talented local players to bigger and better things. You want them to stay in your shit little enclave and serve your agenda.
This is about you and your shit local clubs, certainly not the players.
All the local players would be over the moon to know that there's a pro team on th doorstep

Latest posts