What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Coffs dragon

Bench
Whilst I’m not a fan of Flanno, In the end he was the best option for the club and team to build and climb from the depths of the bottom.
He is a major improvement and upgrade on Peanut, Pricey & Hook, so hopefully the team and fans get right behind him and let him lead.
The sooner he puts “hapless Haran”in place the better…..sideways direction please.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good to see it has all be finalised and looking forward to having a new coach to repair all this damage done by the previous one. I am looking forward to seeing what Flanno can bring to the table. The Sharks still hold him in high regard so he can't be too bad that is for sure.

I am sure he will be working behind the scenes to put things in place for 2024.

I think his 1st task is to get the Dogs and other clubs to stop organising secret meetings with our capt. That is a huge sign of disrespect to the club. Not sure why the NRL are not stepping in. I suggest Saints talk to a player so they can cop a fine because Saints will and then the NRL may get serious about it. They only do when Saints are on the end of any wrong doing.

SGMax

Juniors
Hunt is under contract for another 2.5 years.
He should not be meeting with other clubs just because they ask him to.
A little respect and loyalty to the club that's been paying you a motza for years would be appreciated.
Very disrespectful by Hunt.
Not a good look for the Dragons that their captain is readily meeting with opposition clubs.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Hunt is under contract for another 2.5 years.
He should not be meeting with other clubs just because they ask him to.
A little respect and loyalty to the club that's been paying you a motza for years would be appreciated.

Very disrespectful by Hunt.
Not a good look for the Dragons that their captain is readily meeting with opposition clubs.
I agree wholeheartedly!
Gould is a creep who thinks he’s this big powerbroker. If Hunt keeps carrying on about wanting transparency he should look in the mirror.

SGMax

Juniors
If I was running the Dragons I would contact several of the opposition captains for a meeting and let Hunt know that not one of them accepted the offer.
In addition, I am sure they would be offended by the offer to meet with the intent to encourage them to break their contracts.

Tiger5150

Bench
I didn't state that Flannagan "did no harm". I was simply paraphrasing what another poster said regarding Flannagan "doing no harm". You have come in at the tail end of a discussion I was having and taken what I said out of context. Here is the relevant bit:
View attachment 75559

Semantics mate. you clearly twisted his words to "didnt do harm" then extended that to it doesnt need moral approval. You clearly imply he did no harm. If you are going to post on a forum at least man up about what you are saying and dont try and twist and squeal your way out of it. Did he do harm?

I didn't call you "ignorant"-I called your post "ignorant". Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, and a better choice would've been "inappropriate". The Mannah family have tragically lost a loved member, and were upset at the time by the whole peptide-saga as documented in the article I posted. Posting those pictures for the sake of making a point on a league forum was inappropriate as it can only dredge up all the pain from over 10 years ago for the Mannah family.

I think a better word would be "accurate". Tragic what happened to Jon Mannah and his family, horrific and made worse by the fact that in the opinion of the Supreme Court of NSW, Danks and by extension those who employed him and oversaw him, accelerated that process. It is horribly tragic but because it is horribly tragic we should just forget it happened? Its not as if I serially and randomly dump photos of Jon Mannah all over the place, but in a discussion of whether the Flanagan regime "did any harm", you dont think its worth a consideration, especially in the aftermath of the Supreme Court decision?

There is no doubt that Dank is a piece of work. He has also been involved in other peptide scandals since Essendon and Cronulla, as shown in this article:
The court rulings, as reported by Darren Kane, are damning and Dank deserves his lifelong ban from sport. The question really becomes whether Dank and Flannagan deserve equal culpability.

Many say the buck stops with Flannagan because he oversaw the whole sordid affair, and thus he is as culpable as Dank. The final outcome of this opinion is that Flannigan should've also been banned for life.

Yep. Couldnt have put it better myself.

Did Flannagan do harm? Based on the court ruling, Dank did harm, and if Flannagan is as culpable as Dank, then he also did harm.
Glad we got there in the end. <snipped the part where you assuage your cognitive dissonance and guilt>.

BLM01

First Grade
Since when has Hunt played 9 under Carr.
Another click bait seeking article
I have 3 major issues with Hooper Scoopers article as usual trying to create so called new headlines
1. He us rehashing old news in regards to talking with CEOs and clubs mentioned
2. None of those clubs he mentioned are any closer to a premiership than us and comparing the Dogs to being far advanced than the Tigers is a big rich
3. Cowboys are not an option. Brooks will go there

keep trying James. You will be relevant one day and it is clear you quite don’t understand the game from a 1st grade footballer’s perspective as you try to sell to us

Parko1310

Juniors

Say goodbye I’d love to free up the money.
Hahahahah Fox is genuinely ludicrous with the shit they put out. Hunt's contract runs out at the end of 2025, not 24, so he can't negotiate in November 2023. Carr has not played him at hooker once. Not once. How can they get away with this shit? It's simply lying and publishing it as fact. Do these people watch the game? They can't, surely.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hahahahah Fox is genuinely ludicrous with the shit they put out. Hunt's contract runs out at the end of 2025, not 24, so he can't negotiate in November 2023. Carr has not played him at hooker once. Not once. How can they get away with this shit? It's simply lying and publishing it as fact. Do these people watch the game? They can't, surely.
"Dirty Linen"
CC