What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Crush

Coach
Speaking of us V Tigers why is it every time lately we play them there is a media frenzy about how bad they are and all the articles re turmoil so then the players call crisis meetings, closed door training sessions as if they are drawing a line in the sand
The Tigers will get serious this week.. look out
I suppose they need viewers snd fans Thursday night
I’ll be watching on TV but not at the ground this time.. hoping for a win
With the Matilda’s playing a WC match, the Ashes on, the only sad sacks watching 17th vs 16th will be people on this forum and a few feral tigers fans.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I reckon it's a unique position to see Flanno commentate on one of our games before the end of the season. One, for how he does it and two, the players reaction.

justadragon

Bench
Well Flanno was rumoured to be a no nonsense guy, he said the whole place needs a shakeup and that is exactly what we are now getting, I'm just going to let things be and accept whatever he does in the belief he knows best. I will seriously judge him when the team steps onto the field next year. In Flanno we trust ( for now )

Dragon David

First Grade
Well Flanno was rumoured to be a no nonsense guy, he said the whole place needs a shakeup and that is exactly what we are now getting, I'm just going to let things be and accept whatever he does in the belief he knows best. I will seriously judge him when the team steps onto the field next year. In Flanno we trust ( for now )
I say that unless we have a team similar to the likes of Penrith, Broncos etc, we will still struggle to be top 4. Having the players that the Broncos now have would be something to dream about. Ok, they might have some slight deficiency in defence but they are great to watch in attack in my opinion.

BLM01

First Grade
Why is Flanagan doing all the moving & shaking ( in his spare time ! ) and the mooted football club management changes haven’t eventuated ? Is Haran finally been put in the corner ? Did the board appoint Flanagan to save paying for a good football manager as well ?
1. That is the way it should be
2. Yes and I am hoping on the street corner
3. Most likely no surprises there

SAP58

Juniors
Flanno said on 2GB today that Bud has been given permission to talk to others that may be interested, he also believes Ben Hunt will stay at the Dragons next year based on the discussions he has had with him about next year, Mbye has signed & is leaving for the UK on Monday. He also said he has been talking to over a dozen player some off contract some that would need to ask for a release from their current contract, he wants Sele & they are currently in negotiations with him. He is not going to rush out & sign players he will continue to talk to potential signings. He did say he now has his team in place for next year (but didnt elaborate on who & in what positions) so I am assuming he will take on the recruitment role if he is not signing any others to be his assistants. Interesting, but if you are waiting for any signing announcements you may be waiting a while. He was asked if he was expecting immediate success with the team & replied he was expecting the team to make the top 8 next year.

denis preston

First Grade
Flanno said on 2GB today that Bud has been given permission to talk to others that may be interested, he also believes Ben Hunt will stay at the Dragons next year based on the discussions he has had with him about next year, Mbye has signed & is leaving for the UK on Monday. He also said he has been talking to over a dozen player some off contract some that would need to ask for a release from their current contract, he wants Sele & they are currently in negotiations with him. He is not going to rush out & sign players he will continue to talk to potential signings. He did say he now has his team in place for next year (but didnt elaborate on who & in what positions) so I am assuming he will take on the recruitment role if he is not signing any others to be his assistants. Interesting, but if you are waiting for any signing announcements you may be waiting a while. He was asked if he was expecting immediate success with the team & replied he was expecting the team to make the top 8 next year.
Better than the spoon !

justadragon

Bench
He's come in all guns blazing, and he is holding everyone accountable. I think these moves where a player can dictate to the club have now ceased, and not a moment too soon. If you dont want to be here then pack your bags. I'll be waiting with anticipation when he is here full time.

Are you for real? Do you think a sponsor or TV network would pay more for the Socceroos or the Matildas? If you say the Matildas you have rocks in your head.
Is this the Socceroos for whom everyone gets excited if they progress past the Group stage, or the Matilda's who are one of the best sides in the world?
It's just my opinion, but I know which I'd choose.
Maybe sponsors & TV networks pay extra for the dicks.

Last edited:
Flanagan is nothing more than Griffin MK 2 when it comes to recruitment and retention to talk around the most unpopular player at the club while allowing at least one good player, Zane Musgrove to leave for the Super League, with his main target, not Tino or Fafita but a prop two clubs did not want.. yes folks another reject. Is a big rumor too Bud Sullivan will be granted a release to join the Tigers. Not a good start Flanno, hope it gets better.

Last edited: