What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Last night NRL360 played an interview done with him when he decided to leave Roosters for England. Basically said his body was done and he couldn’t play to a high enough standard anymore. Hardly encouraging if you’re a Bulldogs fan. But then again if you’re a Bulldogs fan you’ve already got your fair share of problems lol.

Yeah, i saw his interview. He admitted to being "busted" physically. Found a money pot in the Super League.

Played a total of 6 games for Catalans. He's going on 32 years old.

I dont blame him for taking the money, and I hope Gus signs off more on similar players. ;)

It's now a 15 year plan.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah, i saw his interview. He admitted to being "busted" physically. Found a money pot in the Super League.

Played a total of 6 games for Catalans. He's going on 32 years old.

I dont blame him for taking the money, and I hope Gus signs off more on similar players. ;)

It's now a 15 year plan.
If these signings don’t work Gus’s back up plan is medical retirement and his media mates helping to lay the groundwork.

Last edited:

offiah

Juniors
Why would he come to us if there’s clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane and more offering a mill. We’d have to pay well over $1m to get him and as soon as his contract was coming up he’d probably go to the highest bidder again. Surely there’s a better use of a $1m+

BLM01

First Grade
Why would he come to us if there’s clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane and more offering a mill. We’d have to pay well over $1m to get him and as soon as his contract was coming up he’d probably go to the highest bidder again. Surely there’s a better use of a $1m+
1 mill + free rent of a unit (owned by the club) for his family overlooking the beach to transfer to his name and ownership at retirement

The Word

Juniors
So I can answer my own question....the DA is still being processed by Council even though it was submitted last October and has not been determined. Seems to have been referred to every government department under the sun...from Council website we still seem to be waiting fro comment from Local Aboriginal Community and Council's internal regulation & Enforcement Dept and Council's Strategic internal Dept (whatever that means) even though the application was referred to them in December last year. No record of even a site inspection having taken place....This Facility was meantto start construction in the second half of this year with completion at the end of 2024...seems like those dates have been blown out of the water now..
Thanks for the update, I was wondering about this myself. The sooner it's up and running the better.

Given it's of significant benefit to the club and community, you would hope the council would put out a statement providing information on where it's at, what (if any) the delays are, and an approximate timeline.

Construction delays usually lead to additional financial costs.

The good ones have it at an early age. Josh Dugan debuted at 19, Tedesco debuted at 19, Darren Lockyer 20, Papenhuyzen for Melbourne at 20, Turbo Tom 20, Dylan Edwards 20, Reece Walsh only turned 21
I'd not have him among that list. May have been ok at 19 but was mediocre at best while with us plus his conduct was not all that improved either. I will put Zac Lomax among them if he ends up being our long term custodian as playing behind a clever organiser he was terrific in his first couple of seasons. Only lost that spark when we lost Widdop.

Last edited:
get the edges defending correctly
Nail on the head. Both our season edge forwards were average defenders, Billy Burns has been doing a better job, while the blame must also lie with some of our middle forwards. If this is the reason Feagai and Rava constantly leave their wing to tackle inside players then something is sadly amiss with our recruitment and coaching as it results in at least two tries every week being conceded. Then again, if this is being coached then I am dumbfounded.

Last edited:
Sloan misses a crap load of tackles he should never have to be making if the rest of the team did its job
Dont know how many times I have posted that exact thing. While others continually bash this kid over his defense I continue to defend him for that very reason. No doubt he needs a minimum five kilos on that scrawny frame to give him more confidence in one on one tackles. Am sure Flanno will get him into the gym and onto the tackling machine in the off season, ride him like a bucking bronco then add a message that has to stick with him like glue, that silky attacking skills alone wont make you a great player.

Lomax has more value at centre for me if he gets good early and clean ball
Precisely, if, but he does not get early and clean ball, been saying that for two years. Perhaps moving him to the back will give him the room to do what he is unable to do at centre. Flanagan is mulling over this and there will probably be a showdown between he and Tyrell in the pre season to determine his custodian for the forseeable future.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
Yes he can, now. Not seen him spill a bomb for many games or shirk taking the ball up for a least last four. Defense remains the kids achilees heel.
I agree. Some aspects of his game are getting better, obviously defence isn’t one of them but I remember when Billy Slater came into grade, his defence was also questionable. The difference is he had a better defensive team in front of him so it wasn’t highlighted as much as it is with Sloan.