What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
I agree. Some aspects of his game are getting better, obviously defence isn’t one of them but I remember when Billy Slater came into grade, his defence was also questionable. The difference is he had a better defensive team in front of him so it wasn’t highlighted as much as it is with Sloan.
Billy also learnt to tackle with his knees and boots. Beautiful to watch.

Gareth67

First Grade
Haas has already turned down Dragons, Dogs and Tigers. Wants to win premierships apparently.. how unique
His logic is just crazy to me , the broncs under Walters have developed into a very good team and have a realistic chance of taking the title THIS season .

If not , then within the next 2 years - that’s with their current squad including Haas. So his so called going to a team with premiership aspirations is pure hog-wash .

I have a feeling that another team has had a whisper in ear during the season and said we will pay you a princely sum for your services ( all under the sombrero of course )
if you put your signature to a contract .

If it was me I would gain more satisfaction from winning a premiership with a team that has bonded together over a number of years than one that is waving a big fat cheque in front of my eyes , but that is me .

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
His logic is just crazy to me , the broncs under Walters have developed into a very good team and will have a realistic chance of taking the title THIS season .

If not , then within the next 2 years - that’s with their current squad including Haas. So his so called going to a team with premiership aspirations is pure hog-wash .

I have a feeling that another team has had a whisper in ear during the season and said we will pay you a princely sum for your services ( all under the sombrero of course )

If it was me I would gain more satisfaction from winning a premiership with a team that has bonded together over a number of years than one that is waving a big fat cheque in front of my eyes , but that is me .
I still dont think he will go anywhere, he has just used the circus to bump up his price with the Broncos, same as Tino.

BLM01

First Grade
Haas has already turned down Dragons, Dogs and Tigers. Wants to win premierships apparently.. how unique
Well he is better off staying put then

Big the old Friz said the same thing 4 years ago although 4 years later Newcastle are only slightly closer than the Dragons on points
Not sure in 24 or 25 though

don’t they all say it
Looks like a couple of clubs will have 125 players each playing for them in a 4 club competition as they all end up at the powerhouses to win a premiership

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'd not have him among that list. May have been ok at 19 but was mediocre at best while with us plus his conduct was not all that improved either. I will put Zac Lomax among them if he ends up being our long term custodian as playing behind a clever organiser he was terrific in his first couple of seasons. Only lost that spark when we lost Widdop.
It's not a definitive list, just a bunch of players who showed a lot more promise as fullbacks at a young age than has Sloane. I could have added Lattrell, Slater, Brian Johnson and many others. Incidentally, Duges represented Australia while he was still playing for us so he can't have been going too badly. The mediocrity from that period stemmed mainly from our illustrious coach.

Phantom V

Juniors
His logic is just crazy to me , the broncs under Walters have developed into a very good team and have a realistic chance of taking the title THIS season .

It’s all just managers posturing for a better deal I’d say. They basically run the modern game in my opinion.

Latest posts