What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench

barry

Bench
JMK might look serviceable under Bennett's steady hand but he was crap at the Dogs for 5 long years, terrible, a big part of their cellar dwelling status, 99 games for 27 wins. Surely we can do better.
The dogs were the worst team in the comp for those 5 years, they were an absolute basketcase.
To be fiar he was actually good in his final year at the dogs.

Not even Cameron Smith would look good with the dogs in the years that JMK was there, their forward pack was attrocious.

kit66

Bench
The dogs were the worst team in the comp for those 5 years, they were an absolute basketcase.
To be fiar he was actually good in his final year at the dogs.

Not even Cameron Smith would look good with the dogs in the years that JMK was there, their forward pack was attrocious.

You don't become a real force, a consistent winner, in the NRL until you get yourself a spine of exceptional players. Average, fill in players will give you average or lower results, even worse results in a team chock full of average players - bottom 4 to 8 tops. Look at the Storm, Roosters, Panthers - find the best 1,6,7,9 and build a team around them. The Dragons history is one of plugging holes with whoever they can get, it's time we stepped up our recruitment, it's everything, it's the be all and end all. Desperate signings of whoever we can get will be the end of us before we even start under a new Coach. He's trying I know, we've failed to attract anyone of real value so far but we have to keep going after top quality, not shit fill ins at least for our spine.

Dragsters

First Grade
You don't become a real force, a consistent winner, in the NRL until you get yourself a spine of exceptional players. Average, fill in players will give you average or lower results, even worse results in a team chock full of average players - bottom 4 to 8 tops. Look at the Storm, Roosters, Panthers - find the best 1,6,7,9 and build a team around them. The Dragons history is one of plugging holes with whoever they can get, it's time we stepped up our recruitment, it's everything, it's the be all and end all. Desperate signings of whoever we can get will be the end of us before we even start under a new Coach. He's trying I know, we've failed to attract anyone of real value so far but we have to keep going after top quality, not shit fill ins at least for our spine.
I see your point Kit but we do need another decent quality hooker and ultimately it comes down to going after the best available even if they may not be the best.

JMK does have upside imo...

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
JMK again only makes sense if he wants to return to Sydney, but at the very least perhaps we will force his price up.. we have to be in to win it as they say.. there arent any other hookers on the market either.

Blaize is a bit different, he is open to negotiate already after waiving his option for next year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Where will the new coach of the Eels put Lomax in the team? Will the new coach actually want him?

Bennett hasn't signed anything I don't think yet. He is known to change his mind at the last minute so if Parra offer the world, he might go to the Eels. He will be able to turn the team around for sure and get them playing finals footy, like he has done with all of the other clubs (Dolphins will play finals this year) he has coached.

justadragon

Bench
I dont think Bennett will be going to Parra, but I would have liked to see Lomax tell Bennett where he was going to play. Well done to Zac's management group for pushing him into a debacle instead of telling him to wake the f%$k up. Career best form , more money, oh but wait we have Lomax who is going to tell us about this wonderful tale of why he left when he gets to Parra, too bad the coach you signed on with wont be around to hear it.

I dont think Bennett will be going to Parra, but I would have liked to see Lomax tell Bennett where he was going to play. Well done to Zac's management group for pushing him into a debacle instead of telling him to wake the f%$k up. Career best form , more money, oh but wait we have Lomax who is going to tell us about this wonderful tale of why he left when he gets to Parra, too bad the coach you signed on with wont be around to hear it.
Hope the meatloaf at Brad's was good

Latest posts