What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
He topped 200m verse Penrith, south's and the sharks last year. Was 4m off 200m verse storm. 175m verse the second game verse Penrith. Definately puts in verse the top teams.
Yes, the playing effort was there (at times).

But this mystical leadership, which is apparently a factor in the size of his pay packet? I'll be looking for more demonstrated on field leadership in 2024, across all the games we need to win - not just the big teams.

emjaycee

Coach
People using the word ‘verse’ are usually millennials. @Pazza is either one himself or has been influenced by them.
And they usually grow out of it when they reach maturity and realise it isn't the correct usage of the word.

It based on a misinterpretation of versus as the third person singular present form of a verb to verse. It arises spontaneously in children and then recedes.

Pazza

First Grade
Yes, the playing effort was there (at times).

But this mystical leadership, which is apparently a factor in the size of his pay packet? I'll be looking for more demonstrated on field leadership in 2024, across all the games we need to win - not just the big teams.

So 200m every game is the floor for Paulo in your opinion??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
TBH it is better than the alternative - paying 1.1m per year for 4 years (Allegedly) for AFB.
Really?? AFB is a steal @ 1.1m if Jr is getting paid anywhere near 950k. Sharks need a forward leader and he will given them that. We already had Reg once again is this good use of cap space??? We have Emu who will get limited minutes because the bald fraud would rather flog the two well paid props.

Cloeel

Juniors
Really?? AFB is a steal @ 1.1m if Jr is getting paid anywhere near 950k. Sharks need a forward leader and he will given them that. We already had Reg once again is this good use of cap space??? We have Emu who will get limited minutes because the bald fraud would rather flog the two well paid props.

They don't get AFB until 2025 when he is turning 30...

This is also AFB's second time round requesting a release - not a great track record for finishing contracts.

Pazza

First Grade
Stats padding. He more often than not did that half assed run up turn side on at impact and be dominated. No leg drive and slow ptb. His best game was after Trelmit turtled him and ripped the ball out. Embarrassment had him fire up finally. Needs to fire up every game. I saw sfa leadership in matches last season.
Needs a boot up the clacker.
Boxing and playing for Samoa when he required surgery? For real?
Prove me wrong Barlow!

So 244m verse panthers for our first win of the season after a terrible start isn't leadership???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wish Id have chosen the T Shirt. Just got my packs and got a bonus pack thrown in. No additional members entry card though. Should I return it or keep it as an investment given we will win the comp in 24?

I'd say the odds whould be pretty big, could be a nice return

Gronk

Staff member
I like watching Parra verse teams when we beat them, but I hate watching us versing teams who beat us.
T6ALTa.gif