What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo standing for re-election

strider

Post Whore
What has hindy suggested that is poor spending? .... only identified that we have spent in the wrong places and needed to sign young guys early to get em cheaper

sounds like wise spending to me

Glenneel

Bench
You're lucky you have a wife. I'm on dating sites and pineapple on a pizza seems like a relationship breaker these days
Being the millionaire you say you are maybe something better than pizza might entice female (or male) companionship.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Being the millionaire you say you are maybe something better than pizza might entice female (or male) companionship.
He’s a powerful millionaire because all he offers is Pizza ffs!! Take a bird out for a slap up feed is a quick way to the poor house.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What has hindy suggested that is poor spending? .... only identified that we have spent in the wrong places and needed to sign young guys early to get em cheaper

Everyone is trying to sign youngsters early “to get em cheaper” these days. All that increased demand pushes their prices up. Someone like Ethan Sanders will be a high risk investment for whichever club ends up with him.

The Colonel

Immortal

If only it was that easy - every club would be doing it and not having to address salary cap issues when they win a premiership or when other clubs try to sign their better players. I stand by my comment.

The Colonel

Immortal
That’s not something we need to concern ourselves with.
At this stage no, we have had to make strategic plans to accommodate players though when big money offers have been made to sign the likes of Brown, Moses, Gutherson and others.

If it was as easy as hindy seems to think it is to adjust our spending into the right areas while simply signing our rising juniors and promising them first grade opportunities, holding onto current Top 30 players and accommodating those same juniors we wouldn't have any problems whatsoever....

strider

Post Whore
If only it was that easy - every club would be doing it and not having to address salary cap issues when they win a premiership or when other clubs try to sign their better players. I stand by my comment.
You still havent backed your comment up .... what has he said thats bad spending that would bankrupt the joint?

The Colonel

Immortal
You still havent backed your comment up .... what has he said thats bad spending that would bankrupt the joint?

Much like Spagnolo he has promised five premierships with little substance to back it up other than "spending money in different places" and "signing younger guys to get them cheaper"..... based on that suggestion alone I don't think he has the nous to run his mouth let alone an NRL club.

hindy111

Post Whore

You'll never win a premiership signing outsiders. You must favour juniors or guys who you gave chance and bleed for the club.
I personally would of let Moses walk. Controversial YES. But 1.2 mill is a lot of cash.And I just don't think he is clutch. Great kicking game but when games close does he go after the game like DCE,CLEARY,HUNT,MUNSTER,REYNOLDS? IN GENERAL play he is as good as them but when its clutch time I dont think he goes up a level or leads like the others do.Goes into safe mode.
Jnr would of been offered 3 yrs or goodbye.

Latest posts