What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench

justadragon

Bench
My main issue is it will increase other players expectations in either resigning with us or coming in.
700k to 750k would of been it for me but this is where we are as a club.
I think if you have a look at the way the contract is organised and what the cows have put in for this season, it will mean the Dragons are not far from the payment of $700k per season for him.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
I think the contract is 900k per year of which 400k has already been paid by cowboys.
I.E we outlay 2.3K - av 766k per year.
That means this year is technically 500K outlay by Dragons.

I don't understand frontloading but hopefully we can apply substantially more than 500k on 2024 salary cap??
Basically what you've just said there on your last line is what front loading is. Considering the Dragons have so much cap room this season, theoretically they could pay Leilua 700k this year, thus knocking off 100k pa for the next two years of the contract (so long as Leilua agrees to get paid more now and less later). In this scenario, he is still paid $2.3M total by the Dragons over the term of his contract. However, I'm not too sure what the salary cap rules say about it. Considering we are taking over his current contract, and he has earned 400k from Cows already since November, I'm not sure if we are allowed to pay him over the 900k total this season (i.e. 500k coming from us) in order to free up space over the next two years. Maybe someone else can clarify if this would be legal.

Latest posts