What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twiggys with us

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Most of this scaremongering has been thoroughly debunked. Some of those Wollongong nimby Facebook groups sure made pretty stickers and posters though
you sound like a representative of the government or perhaps one of Twiggy's paid mates. Are the towers 300m tall, same height as Centrepoint tower? are there 100s of them proposed? are they proposed to be a mere 5k off shore? Do the whales migrate using this exact same ocean highway? Do whales use sound and vibration to navigate? Do towers make vibrations and noise under the water? do towers consume tremendous amounts of carbon to produce? do birds get killed where wind turbines are in place? Will Twiggy get even richer than he already is from our taxes? the answer to all is YES. You are a big part of the problem....YES.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Personally one of the best sponsors we could get into, so:
We are on different planets with this stuff, and your passionate clearly, so I’ll stick to football.
Id like to stick to football too but my head aint in the sand and Twiggy could not give a shit about our Dragons. Dont be sold, you will regret it.

Victoire

Juniors
you sound like a representative of the government or perhaps one of Twiggy's paid mates. Are the towers 300m tall, same height as Centrepoint tower? are there 100s of them proposed? are they proposed to be a mere 5k off shore? Do the whales migrate using this exact same ocean highway? Do whales use sound and vibration to navigate? Do towers make vibrations and noise under the water? do towers consume tremendous amounts of carbon to produce? do birds get killed where wind turbines are in place? Will Twiggy get even richer than he already is from our taxes? the answer to all is YES. You are a big part of the problem....YES.
Couple more yes answers for you here:

Are you wilfully ignoring countless peer reviewed scientific studies of the impact of offshore wind turbines? Are you facilitating the perpetuation of the fossil fuel industry (which kills more whales and birds than a wind turbine ever will) just to preserve your own panoramic ocean views? Are you a NIMBY?

I am a Wollongong resident btw and was amused by the rubbish pamphlets some of you amateur graphic designers/scientists were handing out

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Couple more yes answers for you here:

Are you wilfully ignoring countless peer reviewed scientific studies of the impact of offshore wind turbines? Are you facilitating the perpetuation of the fossil fuel industry (which kills more whales and birds than a wind turbine ever will) just to preserve your own panoramic ocean views? Are you a NIMBY?

I am a Wollongong resident btw and was amused by the rubbish pamphlets some of you amateur graphic designers/scientists were handing out
Science lost all credibility during covid, it proved it could be bought, quite cheaply actually, it losts its soul, told lies, made shit up, took the money - I don't listen to anything after the words 'peer reviewed scientific studies... anymore sorry, means nothing. Dead birds and beached whales say so much more.
I am not part of any of these groups you speak of, though I may now check them out - thanks for the tip.
And those open cut mines....?? I drive past major coal mines every day, wouldn't even know they were there except for the real community wealth they bring in right throughout the Illawarra.

TheRev

First Grade
Thankfully these pearls of footy-forum wisdom don't contribute to our countries climate policy.

Best case scenario I would say.. is if we can all just be happy we have a well-positioned major sponsor from 2025.. we really needed that.

_Johnsy

Referee
Science lost all credibility during covid, it proved it could be bought, quite cheaply actually, it losts its soul, told lies, made shit up, took the money - I don't listen to anything after the words 'peer reviewed scientific studies... anymore sorry, means nothing. Dead birds and beached whales say so much more.
I am not part of any of these groups you speak of, though I may now check them out - thanks for the tip.
And those open cut mines....?? I drive past major coal mines every day, wouldn't even know they were there except for the real community wealth they bring in right throughout the Illawarra.
Out of curiosity, do you hold any science qualifications?

A different perspective for you. If science and religion were obliterated, and forgotten by every person on the planet. In time science would be restored in it's exact current state, the other wouldn't.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Out of curiosity, do you hold any science qualifications?

A different perspective for you. If science and religion were obliterated, and forgotten by every person on the planet. In time science would be restored in it's exact current state, the other wouldn't.
I am an engineer, science was for the people who coildnt be engineers ie useful

_Johnsy

Referee
Engineering turns real science into something useful….as an engineer of over 30 years these wind turbines are an abomination and a con.
Good point, well made. Modern medicine, machinery, electricity, modern agriculture, research and development of compounds, the list is endless, useless the lot of it.

Out of curiosity what field of engineering are you in?

SnowDragon

Juniors
Ok, now your just peddling total BS.

“science lost all credibility” what the hell are you saying! You’ll believe some rumour, but not science. Yes, some of the things you say are correct, but by the same rational we can remove boats from the see, buildings from the land, compare all alternative energy (oil, coal, nuclear… whatever) and say they are dangerous too, so stop using energy, ban all food because it may cause cancer. Not sure what your agenda is mate, but please go back to the football and stop sprouting such crap here.

_Johnsy

Referee
Good point, well made. Modern medicine, machinery, electricity, modern agriculture, research and development of compounds, the list is endless, useless the lot of it.

Based of your last few posts, i'll take a stab in the dark & go with earthworks.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

yes, its so sad that science sold out to $ somewhere along the line, now we have Dr Tony Fauci declaring he is the science, if you are ok with that, then fine, frankly I think it’s appalling. Chemical.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Ok, now your just peddling total BS.

“science lost all credibility” what the hell are you saying! You’ll believe some rumour, but not science. Yes, some of the things you say are correct, but by the same rational we can remove boats from the see, buildings from the land, compare all alternative energy (oil, coal, nuclear… whatever) and say they are dangerous too, so stop using energy, ban all food because it may cause cancer. Not sure what your agenda is mate, but please go back to the football and stop sprouting such crap here.
Nuclear is the only viable option - if you have fallen for the climate change hoax.and sorry this is about football, my once great club being seduced by stupidity and Greed.

Latest posts