What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Well I just watched the show and Anasta had more of a dig at the Bulldogs than the Dragons. You blokes must have blinkers on.
"It was only the Dragons"......"The Eels and the Cowboys were good"....... The consistent muck raking last year about Bud Sullivan to the Bulldogs.....then Ben Hunt to Bulldogs .... Then Ben Hunt wants out..... Now with Lomax.....he is relentless. Yes, he did give it to the Bulldogs this week, but the Bulldogs were quite poor and as a Bulldogs fan Anasta is sick of waiting on these rebuilds to occur. He said it....he and his family are dogs supporters and are all sick of waiting for the rebuilds that have been going on for ages.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
And you know all this how? He may be getting $800,000 a season. How would you know he's not?
i said i dont disagree

it is possible that he is on $800k pa for 2024, 25 and 26

That would means he only received $600k for the first 3 years of his 6 year $3mill contract

highly unlikey Lomax was only on $200k pa for 2021,22 and 23 !

none of us know for sure............but many many articles back in 2019 stated a $3mill contract for 6 years (which was positioned as a big deal and it was 2021 to 2026 the contract reported)

highly likely we have been forward paying his contract in 2023 and 2024 also hence the $800k pa fig for 2024 and more likely we pay a smaller amount in 25, 26 so we can attract more talent and use up our cap now

There was no context given on NRL360 re $800k ...... just an inflammatory comment !

I just think we supporters should be able to call out alarmist journalism ! Cause it is not journalism.

TruSaint

Referee
It was sickening listening to him defend the Rooster's salary cap.
Talk about sucking up to Uncle Nick!
His arse is probably still sore from the spanking he took last year when he claimed 'As if they (Rorters) are not cheating"

Well I watched 360 like a few here. Anasta thinks he's a genius but he is a egotistical dumbass.

Whilst arguing with the resident drunk on the Chooks cap, he declares that he stayed on at the Chooks when he was offered more money to go elsewhere. He also said he never received any third party deals.

All good so far. He then carries on and admits it was the " connections ", and the good ole "mentorship ", that Politis offered that made him stay. Not any love for Club. Not prospect of winning.

It's money. He even said they speak every two weeks or so.

He didn't need 3rd party deals. He has milked the system, ( probably by the definition of our laws, legally ), by having these perks. I cannot stand his arrorance.

Oh by the way, please ask Kent not to try and outdo the great late Richie Benaud with his wardrobe ?

redVinme

Bench
They keep talking about us because we keep clicking and talking about them. Massive fanbase desperate for wins will click on anything in the hope it's good news. They read these forums and the fact everyone is blowing up about them means they are hitting the right button and will continue to do so. Best not fan the flame really.....

Gomarchin

Juniors
My biggest game each year is the Anzac clash with the Rorters, a win in that really means a lot to me for some reason.
I'd like nothing more than for our new look team to come out and absolutely smash those Rorting elitist scum this year and put it right up losers like Braith fkng Anasta. Please.
And one of the reasons I loved the Bennett years (2009-2011) - we managed to win every Anzac Day game!

BLM01

First Grade
i said i dont disagree

it is possible that he is on $800k pa for 2024, 25 and 26

That would means he only received $600k for the first 3 years of his 6 year $3mill contract

highly unlikey Lomax was only on $200k pa for 2021,22 and 23 !

none of us know for sure............but many many articles back in 2019 stated a $3mill contract for 6 years (which was positioned as a big deal and it was 2021 to 2026 the contract reported)

highly likely we have been forward paying his contract in 2023 and 2024 also hence the $800k pa fig for 2024 and more likely we pay a smaller amount in 25, 26 so we can attract more talent and use up our cap now

There was no context given on NRL360 re $800k ...... just an inflammatory comment !

I just think we supporters should be able to call out alarmist journalism ! Cause it is not journalism.
You will be hard convincing the masses that a 6 year contract included a balloon year for a young player then the salary halving for the last 2 years in his prime
Think about it
He probably was upgraded mid stream and the contract allowed them to do this
And what was reported in 2020 just may not be accurate
Who knows!

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
nice positive comments from the boys on fox

I would say that the positional changes and players in the 17 were significantly different to last season though:

8 in total !!!!

Sua to left edge
Rava to left
Lomax to right wing
Bird to right centre

Flano Jnr created so much opportunity for Hunt. Flano Jnr was working the lines, edges, dummy half when needed, linking to the right with ease. Massive difference and this minimised slow clunky JDB setting up our halves.

RFM bustling and standing in tackles was a threat we didnt have enough last year.

Esienhuth is relentless and so professional in his second and third efforts to minimise the opposition hitups.

Fafita - minimal minutes minimal impact but looked likely and will be hungry for some more minutes this week

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
You will be hard convincing the masses that a 6 year contract included a balloon year for a young player then the salary halving for the last 2 years in his prime
Think about it
He probably was upgraded mid stream and the contract allowed them to do this
And what was reported in 2020 just may not be accurate
Who knows!
Mate i totally understand where the opposite view to what I am saying makes equal sense

normally we stagger and step contracts each year in alignment to a player evolving

thats not what we are dealing with here though at the Dragons.........we are in a different cycle in 2023 / 2024 and then 2025

2023 and 2024 have been rare opportunities for our club to pay forward contracts as we havent had stacks of talent

Flano has straight out said we have a big pool of opportunity for 2025 and we have financially been gearing up for it.

So yes.........pre pay any player in 2023 and 2024 that agrees to it. I would expect a fair few did agree to it because it is in the absolute best interest for our team to build with new talent and a chance to play top8 minimum

The opposite would be very selfish by players not to take some more of their contract earlier in 2023 and 2024.

Flano would have been all over it in the day 1 June 13 2023.............all over it like a bulldog eating custard :)

BLM01

First Grade
Mate i totally understand where the opposite view to what I am saying makes equal sense

normally we stagger and step contracts each year in alignment to a player evolving

thats not what we are dealing with here though at the Dragons.........we are in a different cycle in 2023 / 2024 and then 2025

2023 and 2024 have been rare opportunities for our club to pay forward contracts as we havent had stacks of talent

Flano has straight out said we have a big pool of opportunity for 2025 and we have financially been gearing up for it.

So yes.........pre pay any player in 2023 and 2024 that agrees to it. I would expect a fair few did agree to it because it is in the absolute best interest for our team to build with new talent and a chance to play top8 minimum

The opposite would be very selfish by players not to take some more of their contract earlier in 2023 and 2024.

Flano would have been all over it in the day 1 June 13 2023.............all over it like a bulldog eating custard :)
Then why would we consider releasing him next year? If his salary is half of this year
the only reason we would do that is if he’s on too much coin for next year and the year after

Sage63

Juniors

I would say that the positional changes and players in the 17 were significantly different to last season though:

8 in total !!!!

Sua to left edge
Rava to left
Lomax to right wing
Bird to right centre

Flano Jnr created so much opportunity for Hunt. Flano Jnr was working the lines, edges, dummy half when needed, linking to the right with ease. Massive difference and this minimised slow clunky JDB setting up our halves.

RFM bustling and standing in tackles was a threat we didnt have enough last year.

Esienhuth is relentless and so professional in his second and third efforts to minimise the opposition hitups.

Fafita - minimal minutes minimal impact but looked likely and will be hungry for some more minutes this week

8 in total !!!!

Sua to left edge
Rava to left
Lomax to right wing
Bird to right centre

I saw the limited time that Fifita was on the field but I did like what I saw!!!

jak

Bench
Well I watched 360 like a few here. Anasta thinks he's a genius but he is a egotistical dumbass.

Whilst arguing with the resident drunk on the Chooks cap, he declares that he stayed on at the Chooks when he was offered more money to go elsewhere. He also said he never received any third party deals.

All good so far. He then carries on and admits it was the " connections ", and the good ole "mentorship ", that Politis offered that made him stay. Not any love for Club. Not prospect of winning.

It's money. He even said they speak every two weeks or so.

He didn't need 3rd party deals. He has milked the system, ( probably by the definition of our laws, legally ), by having these perks. I cannot stand his arrorance.

Oh by the way, please ask Kent not to try and outdo the great late Richie Benaud with his wardrobe ?
did you notice it looked like he was wearing jeans under the table.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Then why would we consider releasing him next year? If his salary is half of this year
the only reason we would do that is if he’s on too much coin for next year and the year after
Mate i dont think they want to let Lomax go and I do believe maybe Loamx is being opportunistic ie maybe a top up form another club if already pre paid a bit in 2023/24

I mean it is all guess work by us supporters but this is not just about Lomax right and Flano knows that Sua and Lomax are probably trying to showcase their best right this very minute !

I also sense Flano is as cunning as a red belly black snake and nothing new is under the sun for him after similar challenges with Holmes Barba etc etc

He is negotiating with Tamale and potentially Jordan Petaia right now Flano

Thats serious negotiations and pathways he has to create so why not make the grounds feel unstable re who is in and who is out if you want to get who you want to commit !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno is smart as he said Saints won't release him this year because he knows by the end of the year Lomax will not want a release. He turned Hunt around, I am sure he will do the same with Lomax especially if he gets selected for NSW on the wing. He will have Flanno to thank for that. Some wingers are worth much more to me than some centres. I would take To'o over any centre as he plays a big role in the Panthers system. If Lomax becomes crucial to the team like To'o is, he will get the money he deserves not less and with the 10 year exemptions Saints can afford to pay it without it impacting the Cap as much. He will be nearly there in 2026 when his next contract will be due.

SAP58

Juniors
did you notice it looked like he was wearing jeans under the table.
I use to watch every 360 show but do not watch it at all now. Anasta is a goose continually bringing up his failed career. As for the rest of the Daily Telegraph panel including the drunk I have no interest in what they have to say & generally they are wrong with all their so called scoops. Don’t start me on the bald bloke.

Latest posts