What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 v Dolphins.

be55

Juniors
How half of you are going to make it through 27 rounds of football is completely beyond me. You've gone from performing fellatio on yourselves after the Titans win to driving to Bunnings to purchase some rope after the weekend's performance. The way the Dolphins played on the weekend, they would have beaten most teams, including the top sides, with that performance. They were switched on from the outset and were completely relentless. Another example of Bennett applying the secret sauce. Truth be told, we did well to only be down by 10 at halftime, and the amount of defence we had to do early on was always going to take its toll on us at the back end of the game.

Sure, the way the scoreline blew out wasn't great, but tidy up a few key areas, and that will make all the difference in the world. Flanagan's been there for five months, and if you don't think he's got us headed in the right direction after the debacle of the last three years, you're kidding yourselves.

For those of you who can't accept that a side that was mercilessly buttf**ked for three years by one of the worst coaches the game has ever seen may take some time to ditch the bad habits and become the consistent, high-level football team that we all want, here's a list of some common mood stabilisers that may help: lithium, sodium valproate, lamotrigine, and carbamazepine.

Trust me, you're going to need them...

TruSaint

Referee
How half of you are going to make it through 27 rounds of football is completely beyond me. You've gone from performing fellatio on yourselves after the Titans win to driving to Bunnings to purchase some rope after the weekend's performance. The way the Dolphins played on the weekend, they would have beaten most teams, including the top sides, with that performance. They were switched on from the outset and were completely relentless. Another example of Bennett applying the secret sauce. Truth be told, we did well to only be down by 10 at halftime, and the amount of defence we had to do early on was always going to take its toll on us at the back end of the game.

Sure, the way the scoreline blew out wasn't great, but tidy up a few key areas, and that will make all the difference in the world. Flanagan's been there for five months, and if you don't think he's got us headed in the right direction after the debacle of the last three years, you're kidding yourselves.

For those of you who can't accept that a side that was mercilessly buttf**ked for three years by one of the worst coaches the game has ever seen may take some time to ditch the bad habits and become the consistent, high-level football team that we all want, here's a list of some common mood stabilisers that may help: lithium, sodium valproate, lamotrigine, and carbamazepine.

Yeah all good mate.

Don't take a few self deprecating posts too seriously.

This forum and the people on it that I have engaged, and in many cases luckily have met, are one reason I'm still a tragic at 60.

Overwhelming supporters here are die hards and have seen the best and worst of our Club. It's a place to vent, enjoy and even mock.

be55

Juniors
Yeah all good mate.

This forum and the people on it that I have engaged, and in many cases luckily have met, are one reason I'm still a tragic at 60.

Overwhelming supporters here are die hards and have seen the best and worst of our Club. It's a place to vent, enjoy and even mock.

Very well put, mate, and I totally agree with you.

TheRev

First Grade

I think I declared post of the year last month, but I'm putting this in @ Number 2!

Agree with all that, its a bit of a mixed bag, some are just having a vent out of disappointment.. some have been hanging out for a loss so they can death-ride their preferred coach and/or players, some probably don't appreciate the size of the hill that we need to climb.

I must say all those chemicals should probably be included in the membership bag, but also something for the heart.. I almost can't watch the 1st grade games.. there is so much pressure on our performances this year.. but getting that first win out of the way was massive for relieving a lot of that stress (for the squad and us struggling fans).

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Thanks for some insights The Rev and BSE ( and everyone else).
I have long felt that Blocker Lawrie is the most courageous but one of the least effective props going around. No offloads just lumbering runs gaining a bit of ground. Before this match I posted that I wasn’t happy with Blocker and Luc being included; changing a winning team.

In brief highlights I saw Sloan accelerate through, chip over hammer, race side by side but the ball carved right for hammer on the line. Another was Sloan not driving low for try and hammer knocked ball from his grasp. Why we don’t recruit speed more, I will never know. We won the comp in 2010 with speed galore in the backs. Boyd, Morris, Gaznier, Cooper, Soward wow! Bennet and Bellamy recruit speed. Dolphins this year bought Farnsworth and Averillo. Apparently, Tamale and Finau left in reserve grade are no good for NRL?
I agree re your comments on speed we are really wanting in that area....aside from Sloan who else is there.....Lomax, Rav, Bird, Suli, Flanno Jr and Hunt....hardly grass burners are they

Dragon David

First Grade
I dont know why I did it, but I watched a replay of yesterday, no matter how good the Phins were but jesus we were bad, and I mean really bad !!!
I'm already down in the dumps and I only watched the game once and it would be torture for me to see it again. I suppose it is what the coaches look at after each game and boy, they must really get shirty at seeing the bad things but must feel elated seeing the good which in some ways balances things out.

The Dolphins put in plenty on the weekend knowing that they had the bye in round 3 so that would have pleased them immensely. They then play the Titans in round 4 which could be another easy win for them.

No point in dwelling over this round 2 loss for us and just hope that Flanno will get the guys raring to go against the Cowboys at home on Saturday.

TheRev

First Grade
I agree re your comments on speed we are really wanting in that area....aside from Sloan who else is there.....Lomax, Rav, Bird, Suli, Flanno Jr and Hunt....hardly grass burners are they
Yar I mean it would be wonderful to have absolute freakish speed.. but even just average or a few slightly above average backs.... would make such a difference.. right now its very difficult to score off half-breaks, and certainly hard to stop an opponent in any space.

I dont know where such speed will come from though.. we tried to get Averillo last year (pre flanno), he would have been perfect.. we have guys like SFinau whos above average.. whether he is up to the rest of the game I dunno.. I would prefer Tamale's physicality on the wing, but he's not that quick... so what have we really achieved there.. TuiP I dunno what to make of him really.. sort of somewhere in the middle. Not that Flanno is going to be picking players just for their 'speed'.

Longer-term hopefully we secure Jesse Williams, I think hes approx 18.5yrs old.. signed till end of 2025, but in my professional forum-lurkers opinion.. he needs to be tested in cup before end of year.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yeah all good mate.

Being one of those that have met you, I would have liked this post if I could have (but for some reason the like button isn't showing for me anymore).

I can honestly say there's few that are as die hard as yourself - honored to have met and to know you Tru.