What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R4 Fri - South Sydney 20-16 Canterbury @ Accor

Round 4: South Sydney v Canterbury

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Single malt all the way. 18 years plus. I've got a Glendronach 21 for Sunday lunch. Love the sherry cask scotch.

And cognac. Remi Martin for those special occasions. Martell my other favourite.

Now back to my beer. This next game is taking ages.
My motherinlaw usid to work at an embassy. Tax-free alcohol rubns 4 times a year. Used to get 1L of Jameson for $18z

Dinole was only $24 from memory too.

Fangs

Coach
I think you can actually purchase take away from a brewer if they have a production licence or something to that effect.

They wouldn't even sell me a 6 pack. Disappointing but open tomorrow I may go back.

My motherinlaw usid to work at an embassy. Tax-free alcohol rubns 4 times a year. Used to get 1L of Jameson for $18z

Dinole was only $24 from memory too.

Unreal. I'll willingly stay at the Afghanistan embassy at that price.

Bazal

Post Whore
Don’t do it to yourself mate. Stick to the water of life. Leave the corn syrup alone.

Not to be nerdy AF even though I am but most scotch ages in used bourbon barrels these days.
Single malt all the way. 18 years plus. I've got a Glendronach 21 for Sunday lunch. Love the sherry cask scotch.

And cognac. Remi Martin for those special occasions. Martell my other favourite.

Now back to my beer. This next game is taking ages.

Law of diminishing returns IMO. It's a rare whiskey that's hugely better at 21 plus than it was at 18. The Glendronach stuff is awesome though, I have some of their cask strength batch bottlings around somewhere.

I reckon the Martell kills Remy at the same levels, personally.

I can't drink cos I have pneumonia but I've been getting through a Glenallachie cask strength job, and ordered some more Laphroaig Lore for winter. I really should drink more of the collection but then I won't have it to drink later...

Fangs

Coach
Law of diminishing returns IMO. It's a rare whiskey that's hugely better at 21 plus than it was at 18. The Glendronach stuff is awesome though, I have some of their cask strength batch bottlings around somewhere.

I reckon the Martell kills Remy at the same levels, personally.

I can't drink cos I have pneumonia but I've been getting through a Glenallachie cask strength job, and ordered some more Laphroaig Lore for winter. I really should drink more of the collection but then I won't have it to drink later...

I finished a Macallan the other day that's went up like $60 recently. I don't follow the prices all that well. I just look for an age statement. Probably more to it. I like that German bloke on Youtube he does good reviews.

Martell does win. But if we are rating the bottle then Remy wins. It's a bottle you don't want to throw away.

Get well soon but I'm pretty sure 48% + ABV will fix your issue.

SBD82

Coach
Not to be nerdy AF even though I am but most scotch ages in used bourbon barrels these days.
I’ve had plenty that were. But is it really most?

Regardless. It’s not a bad sweet finish - although some overdo it for my tastes - but that’s pretty different to drinking sickly sweet corn mash.

Bazal

Post Whore
I finished a Macallan the other day that's went up like $60 recently. I don't follow the prices all that well. I just look for an age statement. Probably more to it. I like that German bloke on Youtube he does good reviews.

Martell does win. But if we are rating the bottle then Remy wins. It's a bottle you don't want to throw away.

Get well soon but I'm pretty sure 48% + ABV will fix your issue.

Yeah look that would be my standard approach, the 52.5% Westward Muscat cask on my WFH desk would do nicely but the meds I'm on aren't great lol

It's nuts how much stuff has gone up, I was saying somewhere recently that I used to get Caol Ila 12 on sale for 65 bucks when I sold the stuff for a living, I saw it at 125 not long ago

Smoke bomb.

One of the first I bought years ago and it was a mistake. It really isn't for beginners.

Went back to it later and loved it.

Yep.

First time: The f**k is this shit? It tastes like a campfire.

You just need to go back after the first time. The price went crazy there for a while but has settled thankfully.