What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly in the gong.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
will take the win any day, love the way the boys backed each other , our wingers went infield looking for opportunities , it was a different team , errors made by trying to spread the ball, it will come.
you can see the boys are not used to spreading the ball and playing this style, you can see they like it and will adjust to it, feels good to have a decent coach.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
f**k I wish I could like some of these posts - for some reason my like button doesn't show and the admins aren't responding to my messages.

I've found that if I drink JD, the team wins. JD it is for the rest of the season then!

Hello brother.

It was ugly, it was error riddled but our defence made me proud. 2 massive points. A lot to do but a fair amount to be proud of.

jeffdragon

Bench
Our attack looked good.
We invited them back into it with second half handling.
We got the 1st try in the 2nd which was pivotal.
Flano would be fuming.
Thankfully we got the two points and had we played better in the 2nd we win by more.
We got the 2 which is the most.
Big games from BIRD and JDB and thanks Turbo.
Klein with his 6 agains.
Ps how on the footy field Nathan Brown's 2 metre forward pass was missed.
Ffs.

Nutz

Bench
0c74224085cda6eb7e5f1b973a27ef09.jpg
Well done Dragon supporters, you got them home. A bit messy at times but hey, winners are grinners.
That last 5min where they showed desperation in defense and great resilience throughout the game was awesome.
My bucket list for this week is off to a good start.
St George win....tick
T. Tszyu beats Fundora?
Weststigers def Eels?
;)

kit66

Bench
Gutsy Gutsy Win Guys
Terrific defensive effort esp early in the 2nd half
Will give the group a real confidence booster going forward

Excellent win off the back of great defence. Having a good bench helps, RFM, DeBelin, Sele and even Marschke gave us a little burst when he came on. Great to see all 4 tries laid on by our halves - 3 to Benny 1 to Kyle (also 2 lb assists from Kyle and a mountain of defence - well done). Give Lawrie a rest and bring young Fifita in for the Newi clash next week. FMolo was ordinary as well - the lack of punch and metres from Lawrie and molo really holds this side back some games. Paseka 9 runs 185 mtrs, Molo 9 runs 60 mtrs - no contest.

Well done boys - now try to combine the great defence with some great attack (and hold the fkn ball) and we'll do alright.

matPORTS

Juniors
Loved the defensive effort and how the boys backed each other while under pressure. That's the way you snap out of a poor patch of form and build character that you can take into future games.

Tom Eisenhuth is a very handy signing.

Attack - I felt we were very erratic. While I haven't gone back to check as I write this... the error count early on was lop sided towards Manly, and it felt we almost got that back close to even?

As long as we defend like our lives depend on it, and simply complete our sets and kick long, we are capable of winning matches. The first goal has to be to get to at least 10 wins. This isn't to accept mediocrity, but it's more to keep expectations grounded.

Hopefully the reserves also keep pumping out some good results and the fringe players keep the pressure on for spots as well.

Enjoy the win! Back to zero and up the M1 to Newcastle for the club to do it all again next week.

Latest posts