What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fraud thread

I am actually Manu Vatuvei
LOL Fair fairI remember you from the other side (Rleague) as Thierry Henry. I'm not expecting you to remember me there but I was Warriors-est1995. I'm actually surprised there are few ex players on these forums. Meth being the latest reveal for me. It actually does make me respect people more if they have been there and done that. Good to know you are still alive if I got you right lol

What is the point of anyone on this forum saying anything, if you have to be an NRL player to be allowed to comment?
Commenting / Opinions I have no issues with.
Judging and summarizing someone's career in a word or sentence I do have issues with.
Only because I know it's damn hard to get in the NRL and I tend to respect an opinion of someone who has done it themselves.
Those plodders were at one stage good enough to win many people over to get in the NRL
If they drop their standards fair play but I still respect players for making it in the NRL.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
LOL Fair fairI remember you from the other side (Rleague) as Thierry Henry. I'm not expecting you to remember me there but I was Warriors-est1995. I'm actually surprised there are few ex players on these forums. Meth being the latest reveal for me. It actually does make me respect people more if they have been there and done that. Good to know you are still alive if I got you right lol

Wow - the name does ring a bell and I can't believe anyone would remember me from rleague because I pretty much only posted there from 2002-2003 (although may have posted sporadically after mostly moving here in 2003).

I see you've been here since 2007 but don't have a huge number of posts, have you returned to more regular posting in the last little while?

Doueihi 100% belongs in this thread. Has a good running game, ok passing game which we rarely see as hes the biggest hog there is. Probably the worst defender for his size Ive ever seen. That Roosters game was next level, I would have been checking his bank account it was that bad. The guy would get murdered playing in the pack. After 3 ACLs hes going to be a shit Jack Bird, and considering how bad Bird is I shudder to think what Doueihi will produce.
Too big a hog to be a 6
Too weak a defender to be a 12
Too slow to be a 1

When Nat Butcher scores 4 through you it’s time to consider your future. I’d call him an arm grabber but that contains the word grab implying you are trying to clutch and hold onto an attacking player. He didn’t even do that.

reanimate

Bench
Doueihi 100% belongs in this thread. Has a good running game, ok passing game which we rarely see as hes the biggest hog there is. Probably the worst defender for his size Ive ever seen. That Roosters game was next level, I would have been checking his bank account it was that bad. The guy would get murdered playing in the pack. After 3 ACLs hes going to be a shit Jack Bird, and considering how bad Bird is I shudder to think what Doueihi will produce.
I’m sure he’ll be Doueihing his best.

Vee

First Grade
If you make it in the NRL surely you're good at something? It's not like these players are automatically selected they go through the grades and build their careers. Many coaches would of had their interactions with these guys and somehow got in. Are we really saying these athletes are frauds?
At NRL level, yes.

Bazal

Post Whore
I did want to know what makes Ford not have it? We all can have opinions but I like to know how people arrive to their opinions. When I see people summarizzing a players career in a single word or sentence. It's only fair to ask how they came to that opinion. I know you at least answered that Meth with his errors. I like to know what the other former NRL guy arrived at this opinion on Ford.

I mean, do I owe you or anyone an explanation for every single opinion I have? I think not.

I'll humour you though. Firstly I never said he was a plodder, I just don't think he has anything more than the base level NRL squad player does at the moment. He makes his share of errors and although he puts in, he doesn't have anything special or notable about his game. He doesn't run or hit especially hard, he doesn't really have a noticeably better than average line run or ball skills, and he can struggle to have an impact consistently. Like, he's not the guy to dig you out of a bad set with a big run. For eg he's run for really good metres the last two weeks, but not so much the weeks before that and at low metres per run there too.

I mean, do I owe you or anyone an explanation for every single opinion I have? I think not.

I'll humour you though. Firstly I never said he was a plodder, I just don't think he has anything more than the base level NRL squad player does at the moment. He makes his share of errors and although he puts in, he doesn't have anything special or notable about his game. He doesn't run or hit especially hard, he doesn't really have a noticeably better than average line run or ball skills, and he can struggle to have an impact consistently. Like, he's not the guy to dig you out of a bad set with a big run. For eg he's run for really good metres the last two weeks, but not so much the weeks before that and at low metres per run there too.
You don't owe me any explanation. I simply wanted to understand the reasoning behind a former NRL player reaching a premature conclusion about Ford. With time and a skilled coach adept at harnessing players' strengths, there's potential for growth. The combination between SJ and Ford has been evolving since last year, despite occasional timing hiccups. This year, however, they seem to be hitting their stride. It will be very strange to see Ford playing well all year and coming into here chatting with you folks lol

I havent had a good feeling about a player like this before but Ford is that guy for me. I know why Webby likes him its because you can feel he gives a shit about everything. When he messes up hes so pissed off at himself he comes back trying to prove himself and doubters wrong.

Is he the biggest nah, Is he the smartest nah, Is he the the most atheltic? Nah

Does he play with his heart and soul = YES 100%

mongoose

Coach
I always thought David Klemmer was a bit of a fraud. I guess he's always been more of a workhorse than an impact player. He's like a rich mans Dane Tilse.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Who's Meth? Patrick ah Van?

Big Pete

Referee
I’ve heard a lot about Slater being the first ball playing fullback…did everyone conveniently forget the first half of Lockyer’s career?
You could even go back to Clive Churchill who was renown for his playmaking at the back. It wouldn't shock me if there was another player who predated the little master.

Again, taking nothing away from Billy. In an era of excellent fullback's he stands as the best but I think we do the history of the game a disservice when we over-embellish his influence.

Saxon

Bench
Seven pages in and not one mention of Jarrad Anderson.
Shame on the Sharks fans who have contributed so far.
The only good thing he did for the club was not get signed, which in turn made his father leave
Which makes me think of his brother Ben. Neither of them would ever have played first grade if Chris wasn't the coach.
With Scott Hill unavailable for the 1999 finals, his dad installed Ben at 5/8, but below par performances (and pressure from Reebs and Chris Johns) eventually forced him to drop Ben and replaced him with a scrawny winger who had played about 35 games.

(Admittedly Matt Geyer turned out to be a pretty handy player, but no-one in their wildest dreams ever thought MG's much littler brother would win a grand final at 5/8).

Latest posts