What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Because he's played a lot of first grade and they are a young, inexperienced team. He's been playing very well at fullback in Cup.
He really has been good at fullback in ressies. I know he grew up playing fullback too to my knowledge in the juniors. On the other hand his brother Max, who is off contract, really hasn't been impressing at cup even though it's unlikely another club will sign him

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The problem with Rava this year is he has not been up with the play (or in position) in certain attacking moves and / or hesitating in contesting kicks. He is mis-reading or not concentrating.
It cant be his defense or hit ups from the backfield on Friday as Newcastle tries all came down the middle
Ravalawa has been one of our best players in previous years and it's sad to see him regress under this pathetic excuse for a coach.

BLM01

First Grade
Ravalawa has been one of our best players in previous years and it's sad to see him regress under this pathetic excuse for a coach.
Rubbish in respect to regresssing. He has been rocks and diamonds for years but he has kept his spot because his strength is his bulldozing ability from the back and near the tryline. No coach has found someone better or fixed his flaws thus far.

TheRev

First Grade
A lot of it is lack of competition, we don't have the Schiller or bostock (or even Allan) quality in waiting that are demanding one of those outside backs jerseys.. And the kids in rumble5and Williams r so young... It makes the coaches job near impossible to hold blokes accountable...

We have Sfinau and TuiP and I think they will get a game at some point soon, may well be thru injury and it may well be this week actually with birds injury.. I dont think either player is any better than ravalawa.. But.. If they impress in their opportunity then good luck to em, put some pressure on.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Scott Fulton apparently is the one that was leaking all the dirty laundry out of Tigers and Manly. Benji and Tim did not see eye to eye with the guy so there must be something there Saints need to clarify with before they go for him? Was he also sacked from Manly or poached by the Tigers?

He does seem to have a record of attracting good talent though and good knowledge of upcoming juniors. Maybe his relationship with player managers is very good where as Saints is poor at best. From memory I hear they hated dealing with C.Young, then he left and Millward I think took over and it did not get any better.

Flanno would have a good idea on what type pf bloke he is so I assume he would have some input into why Saints are interested.

Scott Fulton apparently is the one that was leaking all the dirty laundry out of Tigers and Manly. Benji and Tim did not see eye to eye with the guy so there must be something there Saints need to clarify with before they go for him? Was he also sacked from Manly or poached by the Tigers?

He does seem to have a record of attracting good talent though and good knowledge of upcoming juniors. Maybe his relationship with player managers is very good where as Saints is poor at best. From memory I hear they hated dealing with C.Young, then he left and Millward I think took over and it did not get any better.

Flanno would have a good idea on what type pf bloke he is so I assume he would have some input into why Saints are interested.

The Fulton's and Des Hasler were in a Manly power struggle and eventually Scott was pushed out.

Then he was appointed by previous Tigers management led by CEO Justin Pascoe without the knowledge of then coach Tim Sheens and assistant turned head coach Benji Marshall. - So there was another shit fight as Fulton didn't have support of the coach/es

By all accounts he is well connected but can he avoid a war at the Dragons?

SEAT 1A

Bench
Lest face it, money hasn't got players over the line and Flanno still needs to coach the team.

We need to find someone who has a relationship and ability with both players and their managers to sign a "big fish" with the Dragons as the club sits know.

We can't keep waiting to jag a big name.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Scott and his sister Kristi were apparently responsible for recruitment and pathways and for the strong Polynesian (in particular) roster that Manly have built. As with the Bulldogs, there are factions at Manly and both were eventually pushed aside by the woke ownership and we saw how damaging the rainbow jersey was to club unity. Bob Fulton would be spinning in his grave.

Scott and his sister Kristi were apparently responsible for recruitment and pathways and for the strong Polynesian (in particular) roster that Manly have built. As with the Bulldogs, there are factions at Manly and both were eventually pushed aside by the woke ownership and we saw how damaging the rainbow jersey was to club unity. Bob Fulton would be spinning in his grave.
"Woke ownership"?! If you are talking about the pride jersey then you can take a running jump. Those same players who had a moral paroxysm over wearing a pride jersey didn't object to wearing a jersey with the name of an online betting agency emblazoned on it. They're not supposed to like that either.
But, I guess, if you're gonna have standards they may as well be double standards.

Last edited:

barry

Juniors
"Woke ownership"?! If you are talking about the pride jersey then you can take a running jump. Those same players who had a moral paroxysm over wearing a pride jersey didn't object to wearing a jersey with the name of an online betting agency emblazoned on it. They're not supposed to like that either.
But, I guess, if you're gonna have standards they may as well be double standards.
Go woke, go broke !

Latest posts