What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Fangs

Coach
Nikorima is a speed bump.

One of those players who is very good with the ball but can't play at first grade level anywhere in the defensive line.

He came on the field in the middle around the same time as Spencer on the 2022 prelim and it was a horrific mismatch.

The middles just ran over him for twenty minutes straight.

I know but I still like him. Ball in hand he is one of the more creative players in the game.

They should hide him on the wing like we used to with Preston.

Munky

Coach
I know but I still like him. Ball in hand he is one of the more creative players in the game.

Is that possible these days?

Plenty of 90kg and above wingers who would have their way with him.

Not many Limmo style wingers around anymore.

Fangs

Coach
Is that possible these days?

Plenty of 90kg and above wingers who would have their way with him.

Not many Limmo style wingers around anymore.

I don't know I'd just like to see him in first grade haha.

Kick returns wouldn't be too pretty. But the Dolphins attack highlights real will be right up there.

Don't deprive me of Nikorima when they arrive in Penrith round 20.

mxlegend99

Referee

Always felt bad for Michael Gordon back then. He had to cover for a half and centre who were terrible in defence yet he usually did a decent job at doing so.

Fangs

Coach
Always felt bad for Michael Gordon back then. He had to cover for a half and centre who were terrible in defence yet he usually did a decent job at doing so.

Thats what made 2006 so fun! We weren't playing all that well but the spine still had their moments and it was still a young team. Can't think of anyone over 30 in that squad.

Comeback losses to Manly and Souths were costly. We were two games out of the 8. Though we had our own memorable comeback against Cronulla. Refs missed Wesser offside by 5m from a Gower chip kick, won it in the final minute.

One of everyone's favourite players Michael Gordon. Was a good bloke to come in after Girdler retired. Local paper even had wraps on him months before he debuted (It was a shit match, we re-opened the stadium and got toweled by Cronulla). Glad he got one game for NSW at least. He was a rep quality footballer.

Pomoz

Bench
Michael Gordon had more talent than Dyl. Imagine if we picked him at 1 early and stuck with it. Freak of a player
Shane Webke said "talent is nothing without the hard work multiplier". Gordon might have more talent, debatable, but Edwards hard work multiplier leaves Gordon trailing in his wake.

age.s

First Grade
I maintain that under a remotely competent coach and free of acl injuries that Flash would have been the best Fullback in the game, probably until Teddy emerged. His 2010 in the position was comparable to Haynes 2009, people just didn't notice. Incredible goalkicker too.

MrBlack

Juniors
Flash within the Pantherball scheme would be amazing.

This does lead into a wider conversation as to which past players would have really gone to another level in our current systems.

Gordon certainly would be one.

I think Matt Moylan as well. He had a great skill set but was ruined by our poor systems.

Munky

Coach
This does lead into a wider conversation as to which past players would have really gone to another level in our current systems.

Gordon certainly would be one.

I think Matt Moylan as well. He had a great skill set but was ruined by our poor systems.

Moylan and Bryce Cartwright were the antithesis of Pantherball.

Both massive game breakers on their day with ball in hand.

Neither were up for the tough stuff.

MrBlack

Juniors
Moylan and Bryce Cartwright were the antithesis of Pantherball.

Both massive game breakers on their day with ball in hand.

Neither were up for the tough stuff.
Wade Egan is another one,

Though it looks like he is doing pretty good under Pantherball-Lite at the Warriors