What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Of course the behaviour of those people last night was unacceptable.

Equally outrageous is your attempt to reduce all Christians to last night's behaviour in some bizarre attempt to satisfy your ignorant hatred and troll christians on here.

So childish.

Nope.

Like criticising Israel / Gaza is not antisemitic, any criticism of what happened last night is not anti-Christian. Sorry you don't get to bully for silence just because it makes you uncomfortable.

Have any community leaders denounced the crowd behaviour ? Apologised to 000s ? I hope they have.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Nope.

Like criticising Israel / Gaza is not antisemitic, any criticism of what happened last night is not anti-Christian. Sorry you don't get to bully for silence just because it makes you uncomfortable.

Have any community leaders denounced the crowd behaviour ? Apologised to 000s ? I hope they have.

Couldn't tell you - am neither Assyrian nor Orthodox. I hope they have apologised as well.

The bigger story is why you feel the need to desperately attack Christians and Mediterranean Descendants at the first opportunity? Is it a primal thing you just can't suppress or does it come from upbringing?

Gronk

Staff member
Couldn't tell you - am neither Assyrian nor Orthodox. I hope they have apologised as well.

The bigger story is why you feel the need to desperately attack Christians and Mediterranean Descendants at the first opportunity?
You do this often. You make up a premise that isn't accurate, blow it out of proportion and try and get some sort of argumentative purchase out of it. You are wrong and its boring.
Is it a primal thing you just can't suppress or does it come from upbringing?
LOL

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
From a distance there seems to be a glaring disrespect for authority by teens.
Well as the western world found out in 2020, All Cops Are Bastards and they deserve to be attacked.

Should this only apply when conservative governments are in power?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What response would you expect? When people are angry and emotional. Poor reason to use this to have a go at Christianity if ask me.
Peace be with you
If they were religious Christians they would’ve already been inside the church when the attack happened. These people were identity Christians. Members of a Christian community. It’s about what side they’re on, not what they believe.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Way too cryptic for me.
Stirring up angry young men to intimidate voters and inhibit governments works when you’re in opposition. But the little merkins tend to go off script when you’re in power. Why won’t they get back in their boxes ffs!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As Ricky Gervais says, there are lot of Gods that people believe in and other people don't.

I just believe in one less God than you do!
Belief in one god is closer to belief in a hundred of them than it is to belief in zero. Even monotheistic religions recognise a multitude of spiritual beings. Christians believe in Satan and other false gods for example. The difference is they don’t worship them.

Suitman

Post Whore
@Suitman I've heard they are developing battery tools that are nuclear and well not battery tools. The tool never has to be charged and last forever via some sort of nuclear power source.
I only did about 3-5yrs work before battery tools where widespread. Can't imagine how hard it must of been for you prior to them. And dangerous. Electric drills could snap your wrist. No clutches back then.

You are correct with the old tools issues. They were a bastard to work with but we managed. It's all we ever knew.
9 inch angle grinders were the most dangerous. Shocking things. I still have one and use it on the odd occasion but know the dangers and am extraordinarily careful.
I haven't heard anything about these new nuclear-powered tools. Sounds like an April Fool's joke.
Do you have a source or link to this info?

Penrith fan

Juniors
This was an attack by people who cant be named in the media or by Albo because he might offend a certian class of people who now cant be offended even though they are the most likely to commit crimes in this new age and if you look at England, it is already gone.

eels_fan

First Grade
Ir
just make sure that your family and friends rush to the scene and throw bricks at the police and paramedics trying to help him
If that’s what you took out of my comment you’re as stupid as the people throwing bricks

the idiots jumping on cars and smashing windows were not parishioners, they were people who saw an opportunity to cause chaos in a group where identification would be highly difficult.

Gronk

Staff member
the idiots jumping on cars and smashing windows were not parishioners, they were people who saw an opportunity to cause chaos in a group where identification would be highly difficult.
In all seriousness, how do you know this ?

A cynic might conclude that statements like yours a just a Sydney version of this popular position of denial.

eels_fan

First Grade
In all seriousness, how do you know this ?

A cynic might conclude that statements like yours a just a Sydney version of this popular position of denial.
I spent more than half of my life living in that area, I think I know it and it’s locals well enough

The church itself would be stretched to hold 200.

police say numbers were in excess of 2000.

Fairfield itself is boiling pot of multicultural and in many times opposing religious ideals just simmering away waiting for a spark to fire up.

the bishop speaks constantly of peace and forgiveness, and his parishioners reflect this. I can assure you it wasn’t he own cohort that were outside throwing cement blocks and ladders at the churches windows. They are proud of their “home”.

I don’t give a flying f**k what a cynic may think, I am from the area, my expended family live in the area, my life-long friends live there.

I can assure you 80% of those people got a message or call that said “let’s gooo!” without context. Civil unrest is a magnet for disengaged and angry people (esp. young men) looking for an outlet

hindy111

Post Whore
You are correct with the old tools issues. They were a bastard to work with but we managed. It's all we ever knew.
9 inch angle grinders were the most dangerous. Shocking things. I still have one and use it on the odd occasion but know the dangers and am extraordinarily careful.
I haven't heard anything about these new nuclear-powered tools. Sounds like an April Fool's joke.
Do you have a source or link to this info?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have a different view. I think we are over policed and regulated. People feel caged.and robbed of personalities. There was a lot less stabbings and wild incidents 30yrs ago. What's changed? Is it capitalism? Religion not as strong, American TV?

If I ran the country some of the garbage we get from American TV would be banned.
I grew up in close proximity to Cabramatta in the 80s. It is infinitely safer now than it was then.