What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

King-Gutho94

Coach
But but but but but no NePoTiSm at PaRrA!!!
There has been nepotism at Parra for 30 years

Unless you want to a catholic or private school in the area you were ignored as a junior.

Name me 1 junior that we have developed into a first grader that has come from Hills District/Bulls, Winston Hills, Castle Hill, Dural in the last 20 years.

It's as many as premierships the club has delivered.

DaveMc

Juniors
According to @Gronk Hands is a reserve grader and basically where he belongs so he won't solve the problem we’re currently in.
The truly tragic thing is that Hands pretty much *is* a reserve grader. His defence in the latter stages of the season last year was diabolical. That’s not even a knock on him, he does what he can. It’s an indictment on the entire recruitment structure.

BA has coached in an era in which Cameron Smith was by far the best and by far most influential player, and in all of that time he has treated the hooker position with contempt. The closest he’s ever come to giving a shit about creativity at dummy half in his tenure was signing Josh Hodgson. Of course, that was 5 years past his best.

Frankly, if you put the initial excitement of Mahoney to one side (and he is ultimately pretty ordinary), the best hooker Parra has had post-Steve f**king Edge was Brad Drew. We’ve come close to a premiership twice in nearly 40 years, and in all of that time we’ve hardly ever given a shit about the dummy half position.

BA doesn’t like creative 9s. It’s demonstrated in signing Lussick. It was evident when Kaysa Pritchard, Nathan Peats and Cameron King were our preferred hookers.

The game has passed him by.

JokerEel

Coach
Gutho looks pretty busted to be honest. I'm not sure he can play fullback next year.

With Lomax coming he might be the option, Gutho at centre maybe.

If he can't play fullback from being busted no chance he will be able to play centre

the phantom menace

First Grade
It's not Pou's fault. He eats pancakes with a toothpick and is great at counting cards.
tom cruise movie review GIF

JokerEel

Coach
What

I think it's his speed that is mostly impacted. Centre is very much a defensive position, which I think will suit him.

You still need some speed to defend at centre you also need to tackle 20 times a game and make more hit ups which I don't think his legs will let him.

We saw in SOO how a second rower ran around him and that was 4 years ago

Chipmunk

Coach
You still need some speed to defend at centre you also need to tackle 20 times a game and make more hit ups which I don't think his legs will let him.

We saw in SOO how a second rower ran around him and that was 4 years ago
It's either him or Harper, who are you choosing?

JokerEel

Coach
The biggest issue is we have some players that desperately need to be moved on but we don't have anyone coming up that is ready. ..

Our cup side is filled with kids who played Ball last season..

What happened to all the players getting developed prior to last year's ball kids?????

Did we just start having juniors come through in 2023?

Noise

Coach
The biggest issue is we have some players that desperately need to be moved on but we don't have anyone coming up that is ready. ..

Our cup side is filled with kids who played Ball last season..

What happened to all the players getting developed prior to last year's ball kids?????

Did we just start having juniors come through in 2023?
The club finally worked out the Rouse Hill Rhinos contingent we signed (besides Penisini) were all garbage. Unfortunately it was too late

lingard

Coach
Honestly we haven't had a top leader for a long time...rudderless
I don't agree. I think Gutherson has been a magnificent and loyal leader. Unfortunately he's been called upon to carry his coaches directives onto the field. Imagine if Gutho was captain under Bellamy or Robinson or Bennett? But being loyal to Arthur means loyally following the blind into the darkness. Gutho deserves better than this.

lucablight

First Grade
There has been nepotism at Parra for 30 years

Unless you want to a catholic or private school in the area you were ignored as a junior.

Name me 1 junior that we have developed into a first grader that has come from Hills District/Bulls, Winston Hills, Castle Hill, Dural in the last 20 years.

It's as many as premierships the club has delivered.
Is Dural Parra territory? I thought that was North Sydney.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Is Dural Parra territory? I thought that was North Sydney.
Norths got kicked out 25 years ago.

Dural is actually just north of Baulkham Hills where i am from and basically where a large % of members of the club are from.

Penrith are no where near it and Manly are too far away.

Yet no one in that catchment area of ours can develop a first grader.

Got me befuddled.

lucablight

First Grade
Norths got kicked out 25 years ago.

Dural is actually just north of Baulkham Hills where i am from and basically where a large % of members of the club are from.

Penrith are no where near it and Manly are too far away.

Yet no one in that catchment area of ours can develop a first grader.

Got me befuddled.
I don’t think they play in the Parra comp though? North Sydney doesn’t field a first grade team but they still have a Junior competition of which Dural is part of. It’s a bit like Blacktown where it’s geographically close to Parra but it’s mostly Penrith territory.