What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

the phantom menace

First Grade
Pou and I have been saying this for seasons. Our middles are our biggest strength in attack (traditionally) and the root cause of all our defensive issues
Oh dear... Pou was also one of the ones wanting to keep Hodgson in firsts, when everyone could see his time had passed, so I'm not sure you want to shackle yourself to that train.

Pretty much everyone has been onto Lussick's weakness from round one, a weakness Pou will only admit if/after Lussick's dropped.

So I don't think you two are the only ones that spot our poor defence in "the middle" and the impact it causes.

Avenger

Immortal
Oh dear... Pou was also one of the ones wanting to keep Hodgson in firsts, when everyone could see his time had passed, so I'm not sure you want to shackle yourself to that train.

Pretty much everyone has been onto Lussick's weakness from round one, a weakness Pou will only admit if/after Lussick's dropped.

So I don't think you two are the only ones that spot our poor defence in "the middle" and the impact it causes.
Well he did make the shit list. So did Russell and he is now is NSW Cup.

eels4life87

Juniors
Well he didnt take them actually. He made them find their own way there. 😁
I just think it’s a bit much to be talking about switching coaches when the eels made the grand final less than two years ago. I don’t want the club to go back to the days where the club switched coaches more often than they switch underwear

Brian smith finished at the club in 2006. Then it went:

Jason Taylor (2006)
Michael Hagan (2007-2008)
Daniel Anderson (2009-2010)
Stephen Kearney (2011-2012)
Ricky Stuart (2013)

and now Brad Arthur. Six coaches in almost as many years. Brad Arthur has provided much needed stability to the club including a grand final literally less than two years ago. I don’t think it’s anywhere near panic stations at the moment when the eels are currently only one win outside the top 8 at present

Eelogical

Referee
I just think it’s a bit much to be talking about switching coaches when the eels made the grand final less than two years ago. I don’t want the club to go back to the days where the club switched coaches more often than they switch underwear

Jason Taylor (2006)
Ricky Stuart (2013)

and now Brad Arthur. Six coaches in almost as many years. Brad Arthur has provided much needed stability to the club including a grand final literally less than two years ago. I don’t think it’s anywhere near panic stations at the moment when the eels are currently only one win outside the top 8 at present
Welcome and strap yourself in for the evening's entertainment on here. It will be interesting to see your contributions going forward.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Thank you for the welcome! Finally realized Reddit was too toxic a place for me to be after moderators somehow managed to get my account permanently banned from the site altogether 🤣🤣🤣 Went looking for an NRL forum instead and was so happy to see that this forum actually has an entire section for the eels so I immediately signed up and just got approved 🤣

Sarcasm is definitely hard to tell in text sometimes lol
Welcome to LU. We have the most persistent and consistent troll of any forum
Ill bet he is just champing at the bit to give you an edumacation on rugba league.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Jason Taylor (2006)
Ricky Stuart (2013)

What the club needs right now is stability in the coaching ranks.

Latest posts