What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater

Kasper

Bench
With Billy Slater's frequent inability to put his body on the line, surely this is a real concern for Bellamy e.g Blacklock Try @ Wollongong and Macdougall try last night. His mistakes surmount his line breaks in my opinion. What are Storm supporters views on this?

Once Dead

Bench
As long as 'He's fast but that's about it' Slater scores more tries than he lets in he'll be there

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Robbie Ross has been working with him on his defence, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. I was quite concerned with his effort on that try, but maybe he was a little daxed still by the earlier attempted decapitation.

simostorm

Bench
He's just a rookie remember, I remember watching some of Andrew Johns rookie games, and man did he make some mistakes and do dumb things. It happens with rookies, but they get better. Whats exciting is that Slater is great now how much better will he be as the years roll.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
simostorm said:
He's just a rookie remember, I remember watching some of Andrew Johns rookie games, and man did he make some mistakes and do dumb things.

You sure that wasn't just a Knights game from this year, last yerar, or any other year that johns has played? :)

billys boots

Juniors
I dont think Billy makes too many errors just that they prove costly due to him being Fullback. I think he has improved from the start of the season and has a safe pair of hands under the high ball. It would be nice to see him take the tackle when returning kicks instead of throwing wild passes to Marcus or Fifi though, Matthew Ridge made a career of running at the first tackler and held in high regard. Still it is easy to forgive him when he scores tries like he does. Is still a Centre for my money. \\:D/

Anonymous

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what happens next year, whether we will have three fullbacks in our squad (Slater, Ross & Turner) or whether Slater will be moved back to the centres.

Kirk_Reynoldson said:
It will be interesting to see what happens next year, whether we will have three fullbacks in our squad (Slater, Ross & Turner) or whether Slater will be moved back to the centres.
3??????????

I can name 3 more off hand being Cooper, Langi, Cronk

Craig

Juniors
It is common knowledge that Billy Slater is not fullbakc and will be twicet he player at centre. Remember the Panthers game in Round 2?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's very green....this is is first year.

He's at fullback because of Robbie Ross's unavailability.

He will probably settle on the centre/wing position next year.

He is a stand out talent and will probable play SOO for the Maroons when Lockyer hangs up his boots.

Stevo_G

Juniors
i wonder where the would play slater in origin if he is selected next year or would he play off the bench

Fire

First Grade
With Billy Slater's frequent inability to put his body on the line, surely this is a real concern for Bellamy e.g Blacklock Try @ Wollongong and Macdougall try last night. His mistakes surmount his line breaks in my opinion. What are Storm supporters views on this?
1401728522872.jpg

Latest posts