What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I’ve said it before; I feel for my 10 and 12 year olds. They aren’t being trained appropriately for the physchological washing machine that is supporting Penrith. They won’t be properly prepared for when things return to normal.

Perhaps I need to organise a wrestling session for them?

The yak

Juniors
We have been blessed with Crichton and Turuva as in-game backup fullback options.
Excluding the off-contract Daine Laurie. Who can play FB next year if Edwards went down during a game?
Has McLean played FB? are Tago, To'o or May possible options?

He won't be in the 17
Doesn’t have to be - I understand the question was who would replace Edwards if he were to go down in game but he is the right replacement if Edwards is out for a few weeks. Honestly I think the in game answer is To’o. Runs a shit load of meters and make tackles. Doesn’t need to ball play - you just adapt attack to have Cleary sweep both sides. Defensively you push one man in out and have #17 like Garner to center.

Starting line up:
1. Edwards
2. May
3. Tago
4. Alamoti
5. To’o
17. Garner

Edwards goes down in game then backline shifts to:
5. To’o
2. May
3. Tago
17. Garner
4. Alamoti

Makes most sense. I’m sure wingers are doing reps with Edwards anyways at training. We just don’t see it.

On a side note - is Garner leaving too? I noticed Geyer is playing more and more center in Cup. Is he playing center to understand the fundamentals of the position better so he can cover 2RF and center to eventually be the #17?

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
I’ve said it before; I feel for my 10 and 12 year olds. They aren’t being trained appropriately for the physchological washing machine that is supporting Penrith. They won’t be properly prepared for when things return to normal.

Perhaps I need to organise a wrestling session for them?

Until mid last year I was still expecting the inevitable collapse and multi year tumble to the bottom of the ladder.

2005 scarred me, loaded squad with massive holes at centre that only got worse.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Turuva could put a lot of pressure on Bula for the fullback position at the Tigers. There’s a lot of hype around Bula but I’m not convinced he is the real deal.

Latest posts