What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

St. Brett

Juniors
I'm sending this below letter with photos to everybody.
It's the same dribble as I've been going on about previously really.
Man my ears are that hot somebody must be dishing dirt on my good name.
I'm gonna have the biggest headache tonight.

Hey, a horse went around today some where called Flapdoodle.

Letter -

I would like to express my disappointment at the way ANZ Stadium Homebush treats us fans and the way in which I was rejected entry into the ground on Monday night for the South’s Titans clash due to a harmless banner I took along with me.
It read ‘Reserved For Ghosts.’
Pretty harmless, non offensive, right?
Basically I was to sit in an empty section of the ground and protest about the lack of fans attending the game today.

The two excuses they used to deny me entry were the banner didn’t represent either team playing and I was wearing a Western Suburbs Magpies jersey to boot.

It’s self explanatory why fans are staying away from ANZ Homebush – they treat you like a child there!
From their draconian laws to their numerous entry conditions down to their double checking of tickets once seated it makes you feel like you’re in school again and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made you wear a suit in future to gain entry into their stupid ground.
In short, they’re killjoys plain and simple.
I was made to fele like a second rate citizen and no one is going to tell me that there’s boundaries restricting my actions when I live in a free country.

As Australians don’t we poke fun at ourselves?
It has to be asked if you’re aloud to have a sense of humour anymore.
They’re turning the players into programmed robots now it seems they’re doing the same to us.
I will never step foot near that white elephant again.
It’s killed the spirit of the game anyway that stadium.
And if they’re going to over-charge friggin’ $12 for a cheese burger and coke then I’d like a free meal tickets and fries to go with that too.

Us fans really are the mugs in this game sometimes.

One less fan ANZ, keep turning others away I double-dare you.

P.S. I was aloud to take my No Vacancy sign into their lousy ground for the Dragons South’s game a few weeks back and I see no difference with my Reserved For Ghosts mock attempt.
I also e-mailed the ANZ ground itself the Friday before the Monday night clash and enquired about registering my banner but they didn’t have the decency to reply to me or point me in the right direction.
ANZ Stadium Homebush = Killjoys.

Are you making fun of my collar, sir?
I had that stitched on by the alteration shop.
I must admitt that I don't feel comfortable in that jersey.
I need a sharp collar really.

best thing to do brett is don't go back.
I know plenty of people that won't go to ANZ, look at the crowd figures they are crap for club games. To be honest it's what murdoch wants, less people at the ground and more paying for his fox sports to watch it.
NRL is dying a slow horriable death.

smeghead

Bench
Best bet is for fans to congregate at their Leagues clubs if they want to protest ANZ.

Still get to watch it with mates. Foxtel doesn't get anymore subscribers out of it and by buying food and drink you are pumping money back into your club

Ribs

Bench
The only way they make any money is on food/beverage/parking etc.

They are taking a serious bath on the ticket sales because they give the club gate takings for 20,000 regardless. Thats why they hand out monstrous amounts of freebies, to get people into the ground and buying 10 dollar hotdogs.

The best way to get them is to NOT BUY A THING at the ground itself.

Then they'll die a slow painfull financial death.

Wanna know what was most humiliating about attending that ground once?
Being made to drink a can of Coke outside the ground and not being aloud to take it inside.

I better work on this letter right now.

What's wrong with this banner below?

killjoys.jpg

thats a really funny banner.

nice retro jersey too

As far as no fans attending and being a large stadium goes. I've often copped a bollocking for suggesting that teams who play their home games there should do some of their pre season training at NASA because I think a pre requisit to playing there is being acclimitised to a place which has no atmosphere.

:lol:

Parra

Referee
middle of nowhere?
its 10min from parra and 15 from the city and throwing distance to one of the busiest roads in sydney....

Are you talking about Concord Oval? The same noises used to be made about that white elephant as well.

Kiki

First Grade
As far as no fans attending and being a large stadium goes. I've often copped a bollocking for suggesting that teams who play their home games there should do some of their pre season training at NASA because I think a pre requisit to playing there is being acclimitised to a place which has no atmosphere.

bahahaha amen to that :lol:

i HATE anz stadium. i will only go there for origin. cant wait till my dragons are back at OKI.

yappy

Bench
Wanna know what was most humiliating about attending that ground once?
Being made to drink a can of Coke outside the ground and not being aloud to take it inside.

I better work on this letter right now.

What's wrong with this banner below?

killjoys.jpg

Fight the Power Bretto! Jersey is great, but that collar has more problems than ANZ Stadium.

Mish

Juniors
Cool banner Brett, good on you for having a comical dig at the situation, too bad they didn't let you in tho. I'd be peeved too.

Take a sign in saying "sponsored by NASA" or "Neil Armstrong was here"...the place has less atmosphere than the moon.

St. Brett

Juniors
Forget the collar.

Listen, I'm to give a guy from the sunday telegraph a burl in a minute.
He wants to speak with me.
His name is Chris Wilson and I'm about to call him.
He's interested in what I've got to say.

He was the only one to reply to my numerous letters yesterday.

Sorry if I'm out of line.

My over-use of profanity is unwarranted I guess.
My apologies.

My counter attack is thin I know.

I just called that Chris guy.
He wants both sides of the story.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Immortal
Hello Ivan.

Now that is some funny sh*t Dutchy. I know it is childish but he does look a bit touched :lol:

I got such a belly laugh out of the Ivan Milat pic I think I peed a little.

Brett, shine on you crazy diamond

Last edited:
Forget the collar.

Listen, I'm to give a guy from the sunday telegraph a burl in a minute.
He wants to speak with me.
His name is Chris Wilson and I'm about to call him.
He's interested in what I've got to say.

He was the only one to reply to my numerous letters yesterday.

Sorry if I'm out of line.

My over-use of profanity is unwarranted I guess.
My apologies.

My counter attack is thin I know.

I just called that Chris guy.
He wants both sides of the story.

Say hello from all of us who are in agreement...;-)

Latest posts