What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

_Johnsy

Referee
My intial gut feeling says a broncs victory, margin of 2 - 8 points.

Will be interesting to see what players are named, may sway my tip at the end of the week. Should be a cracker of a game. I am spewing, I can't get up to Brissy for this game, should be a great night.

Last edited by a moderator:

beads6

First Grade
If the Broncos are to win it will be by 10+ there attack is starting to click and even though the Dragons have good defence I doubt they will hold out the Broncos. I think for the first time in a couple of years the Broncos fans should be confident of a victory.

Ghoulies

Bench
Ordinarily I'd come into a game against the Dragons with not much confidence of victory, but I have a feeling that was mostly due to Brown employing the perfect game plan against us.

Maybe Benny can do the same, but my money will be on us this time.

Mr Saab

Referee
Short turnaround might hurt the dragons. Only 5 days to the next game.
Broncos 1-12 and put a mini gap between them and the rest of the comp

Big Pete

Referee
It's hard to say at this stage which team is currently better. I prefer St. George's forward pack but their impotent backline leaves a lot to be desired. Brisbane on the other hand have been fortunate over the past couple of weeks and while I was impressed with their effort against the Warriors the real test begins this week when we take on St. George.

Ideal line up:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. Alex Glenn

Reasoning:

Yow Yeh strained his back against the Warriors allowing Hodges to swap straight back in.

Kenny straight back in. His defence is superb and he's not afraid to run it up the middle.

Gorrell can start. I believe he's a better defender than McCullough and it'll give our bench more persazz.

Backrow can remain...for now...

Bench:

Sims and Glenn were too impressive to drop after last week. Setu will have to prove himself in the Q Cup.

i know McCullogh is young but i'd like to see him turn into an 80 minute player. drop Gorrel for Setu to give the bench sum thrust. Glenn can play hooker if required. bench of setu, sims, taylor and glenn just sounds so appealing.

Syko

Juniors
Short turnaround might hurt the dragons. Only 5 days to the next game.
Broncos 1-12 and put a mini gap between them and the rest of the comp

it will hurt us.

gonna be a tough game because uncle wayne needs to get our attack sorted by friday night

thwe broncos gameplan of bombing it for folau might come unstuck though.. we will see

Steel Dragon

Bench
Surely Bennett knows all the Broncos weaknesses and the best way to exploit them.
But without our full strength line up, I'm not so confident.

Heres hoping the Dragons by 8!

This Year?

Immortal
I think this game will be alot closer than people are predicting. The Broncos are a very well balanced team and this will be a huge test for the Dragons. While I'm not confident of a Dragons win, I know it will go down to the wire.

KHunt

Juniors
Whens the last time we beat the Dragons?
Cooper injured is massive bonus for us, but in Shorty's words "Dragons by plenty.."

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos Side:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell