What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Flasha

Juniors
The matts beat St George today. I think the full time score was 24-16. Antonelli was outstanding and would have easily got man of the match. Penrith led the game 20-0 before 3 quick St George tries in the second half. Tai scored in the last minutes to put the game out of reach.

Have to mention that the St George training staff and probably the whole club should seriously look at the tackling technique of their players. Penrith had 4 players go off after being tackled illegally. e.g. St George defenders diving shoulders first (no arms) at the knees and even ankles of the Penrith players. It happened repeatedly throughout the match and the St George captain was warned numerous times. It was extremely poor behavior and I hope Penrith put in a report and send the tape in for proof. A player can be seriously injured and there is no room for it in the game.

Had to leave early in the Ball game. There was 2 try's a piece. Moylan scored a brilliant individual try.

micro

Juniors
only watched h.matts, antonelli was outstanding in attack and defence, tai scored 3 tries, but was the victim of 3 grass cut tackles, the 3 hetrik cut them up on the left side, scored 1 set up 2, but was taken off with a leg injury also from an illegal grass cut, they should have betaen them by 30, but ran out of replacements.

footy_fanatic24

Juniors
Tai tuivasa is like the cross of shane webcke and martin lang. not afraid to run it and hes got the heart of a tiger.

Penrith played a great game today and if they can stop those easy tries theyll be a real force going into the finals.

sweet-as

Juniors
St george's grass cuts were an absolute discrace. The coaching staff should be in trouble. They were out for one goal. Injure the Penrith players by illegal play. They are lucky some of the Islander boys didn't get up swinging. Penrith played really good. Though may be injury-red.
Tekina Vailea come off with an ankle injury, and Tai tuivasa was once again limping on his bad knee.
Hope penrith can pull together for the finals well, because they should be proud of how they were played against and kept their cool, rather than turning to the good old penrith Biff.

beachedasbro

Juniors
tevita has never played for st marys, does any one no what there talking about on this website .st marys has the most rep players becouse there the best and have been for the last 5 years .1 lost 2 drews do i have to say any more

actually they have lost but they have been in the grand finals before

beachedasbro

Juniors
Hi guys i have experience with this side....

Ryan wilson is not over-rated
Reece regan is over-rated
Cy samuals is not one of the best players

Best players:

Ryan wilson
Jason antonelli
Tai tuivasa
Jason Doran
Ben Heterick

As a player in this team I agree that the district comp only has 4 or 5 competetive team, but the poaching of players to these clubs only makes the top division the best it can be.
As for certain gun players playing in lower divisions, I watch the lower divisions very oftenly and have only really seen decent talent in a few players.
It is also their own choice not to trial for a 1st division team, and sadly this is the only way they can go on in football, and if they are serious about progressing it football they need to do this.
But overall guys you cannoy bag-out the penrith district, as for what I have experienced it (and Parramatta) are the most competitive junior comps around.

agreed sweat as u no what you ae talking about thay are dominant junior players of the game

beachedasbro

Juniors
I think the main reason the Matthews aren't going that good is the fact they aren't that good. Considering they were decisively beaten by the Roosters, whose side is almost entirely comprised of Penrith juniors, they were in effect beaten by our second side?

they were but the roosters have been going ok since they beat gc they

half_back

Juniors
they are both great players i personally like jason the best when he hits the ball up of the kick off but reece regan should be a gun when he gets older

They are both very good. They both have strength, run hard and are very good defensively I think Reece has more to his game at the moment in terms of his ball playing ability, probably the reason he has played at half, 5/8 and hooker at times this season. I think if they continue to develop Jason will end up a wide running 2nd rower while Reece perhaps a lock 5/8

sweet-as

Juniors
They are both very good. They both have strength, run hard and are very good defensively I think Reece has more to his game at the moment in terms of his ball playing ability, probably the reason he has played at half, 5/8 and hooker at times this season. I think if they continue to develop Jason will end up a wide running 2nd rower while Reece perhaps a lock 5/8

Jason antonelli's skill level leaves regan's for dead. Reece is the most selfish player i have seen.

half_back

Juniors
Jason antonelli's skill level leaves regan's for dead. Reece is the most selfish player i have seen.

Interesting point of view. What makes you say that? From what Ive seen a player who plays 4 positions a game for the team isnt selfish. Selfish is more like Tai or Harry when they get taken off the field and then leave because they dummy spit at not getting their way. As both did on the weekend.

micro

Juniors
Must agree that Reegan plays 1st for himself not the team. the players with the most potential in the mats would have to be the two cetres, wilson and hetrik and jason antonelli.

Fibroman

First Grade
Not many players in the side with blistering pace. Pace is the key. If you can get a kid with size and pace with a reasonable pair of hands, you have a first grader in the making.

micro

Juniors
so fibroman, give us your thoughts, who do you rate from what you have seen and why.:sarcasm:

sweet-as

Juniors
You know, there have been quite a few players, which were absolute guns in their club sides which have had ordinary rep seasons so far.

micro

Juniors
when you only have one front rower and you also struggle to come up with a suitable halves combination, the team will struggle to perform, no matter how good you are.

Kilkenny

Coach
so fibroman, give us your thoughts, who do you rate from what you have seen and why.:sarcasm:

Fibroman, doesn't make bold predictations. Why because he hasn't ventured down to the Weekender this season due to alcohol induced hangovers. It is unrealistic to expect Fibroman to make Midday and 1.30pm kick offs when he is only getting home at those hours, and needs a little time to shower and shave before backing at the main fare.