What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

footyboy7

Juniors
Tbh here, all of you(in the most recent posts) are giving N.Antonelli far to much credit. He MAY be performing well for the Roosters, although Penrith dont really have any halves, he should in no way be a contender for a half/fiveeighth postion at Penrith.
I have played against him for years and years, and for all those years he was nothing special. NOW dont get me wrong he is a talented halfback, but as i have already said, he is in no way a contender for the Penrith halves.

:):)

Second rower

Juniors
if any1 wld no how gud nathan A is i would be one of those people
and may i jst say he is the best half
in the penrith comp.

half_back

Juniors
Interesting thing would be if both teams held there current positions they would play each other in the first round of the finals.

The title should come down to Parra, Newcastle and the Dogs with the GC to fill the fourth spot in the semis

micro

Juniors
dont believe newcastle are traveling all that well, i watched their last two games and they have some problems regaining early form. The one team who is underperforming is Penrith, with any improvement they can give the quarters a shake. One can only hope they play the roosters in round of 16. Parra is still the team to beat.

sweet-as

Juniors
I reckon the doggies are the team to beat....my top 5 teams are, Dogs, Parra, Titans, Penrith, Newcastle, in that order

half_back

Juniors
I reckon the doggies are the team to beat....my top 5 teams are, Dogs, Parra, Titans, Penrith, Newcastle, in that order
I still think Parra are the team to beat. Dogs only just beat Newcastle who were missing their Australian schoolboys centre. Parra accounted for them quite easily. Although by their own admission Parra do struggle in the wet which accounts for their 2 draws. So they will be praying for fine weather throughout the finals

footy_fanatic24

Juniors

Panthers. With the likes of tuivasa they will steam home for the finals. i reckon they are beginning to pick up their act and are starting to hit some form
watch out

sweet-as

Juniors
Panthers. With the likes of tuivasa they will steam home for the finals. i reckon they are beginning to pick up their act and are starting to hit some form
watch out

It looks to me like they are also running out of troops.

Their original squad of 22 is now down to 20,
because of evictions from the team.
They also have another 2 players injured, Satini and Doran.
That leaves 18 players available for this weeks match.
Lets hope they do not have anymore casualties or they will be in big trouble.

blackandwhite

Juniors

Wests play the bottom 3 teams over the next 3 weeks so they are probably in with a show, plus they have beaten the Titans (lets not talk about Newcastle)

I suppose with the knockout comp after the 9 rounds anything can happen.

I don't understand how the finals work with 16 teams, does anyone know? Does 1 play 12 etc and the 4 Queensland sides battle it out ? Does 1 play 4 divided by 6 = The winner ? :?

half_back

Juniors
Wests play the bottom 3 teams over the next 3 weeks so they are probably in with a show, plus they have beaten the Titans (lets not talk about Newcastle)

I suppose with the knockout comp after the 9 rounds anything can happen.

I don't understand how the finals work with 16 teams, does anyone know? Does 1 play 12 etc and the 4 Queensland sides battle it out ? Does 1 play 4 divided by 6 = The winner ? :?

The original plan and from what I understand it hasnt changed despite unrest north of the border is that those teams that finish 1-12 in NSW will fill those positions then the 4 QLD teams will fill 13-16.
1 will play 16, 2 play 15 etc.

advantages and disadvantages. Most observers say that the QLD comp being in its first year is a fair way behind the NSW comp. That being said questions over what advantage there is finishing 4th in NSW and playing the top QLD team or 5th in NSW and playing the 12th NSW team.

Guess there are alot of unknowns at this point in regards the strength of competition.

coolsteve

Juniors
if qld teams get to play in the semi`s , dont discard them. i`ve been up here 5 years now and can tell you they have been playing together for a while . they have good school sides and have more opertunities to go ahead. it blew my mind seeing these kids and how the qld system works. no wonder state of origin is sucessful up here. i still follow the blues but the system for kids is amazing. wish nsw did the same

lizziebra

Juniors
watch out

Which player are you? Cmon just aim up now. :sarcasm:

Penrith are gone. Eels will take it out comfortably.

sweet-as

Juniors
Which player are you? Cmon just aim up now. :sarcasm:

Penrith are gone. Eels will take it out comfortably.
i Reckon this week is going to determine penrith's season, Penrith havnt stringed together 2 wins in a row yet. St george havnt been beatedn last 3 rounds. If Penrith can come out with a win, they secure a spot in the play-offs, with a spot secured maybe they can start playing more confidently.

isaiah

Bench
The original plan and from what I understand it hasnt changed despite unrest north of the border is that those teams that finish 1-12 in NSW will fill those positions then the 4 QLD teams will fill 13-16.
1 will play 16, 2 play 15 etc.

advantages and disadvantages. Most observers say that the QLD comp being in its first year is a fair way behind the NSW comp. That being said questions over what advantage there is finishing 4th in NSW and playing the top QLD team or 5th in NSW and playing the 12th NSW team.

Guess there are alot of unknowns at this point in regards the strength of competition.

i've seen penrith play titans in 16 and 18's
the top 3 sides in mm cup [18's], southern conf, could win against that level of sg ball team [5th to 8th]
i think only norths up here, on paper, could give the top few ball sides a run for their money.

sweet-as

Juniors
i've seen penrith play titans in 16 and 18's
the top 3 sides in mm cup [18's], southern conf, could win against that level of sg ball team [5th to 8th]
i think only norths up here, on paper, could give the top few ball sides a run for their money.

I cant wait for the semi's.

Eels, dogs still undfeated. Will porbly slash against the queensland sides. Will be very interesting.

Also teams like Titans will play team like newcastle or penrith.

It will be a very competetive finals series, which i reckon anyone can win.

half_back

Juniors
I cant wait for the semi's.

Eels, dogs still undfeated. Will porbly slash against the queensland sides. Will be very interesting.

Also teams like Titans will play team like newcastle or penrith.

It will be a very competetive finals series, which i reckon anyone can win.

As I said previously QLD were none too pleased bout being ranked 13-16 as such they have modified finals format. NSW will play in a round of 12, 1 play 12, 2 play 11 etc and the QLD teams will play off to give a final two (which should gaurentee stronger teams from up North) then they will join the remaining 6 from NSW in a round of 8.

Latest posts