What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tamghart Blasts French

Interesting...

Never seen Tamghart play so I can't comment but France seems reasonably well served by its front-rowers.

Also, there have been a few players of North African origin in the team of recent years?

Tamghart is Algerian, maybe thats his point?

Having read Camus' The Stranger (well, I read the crib notes to it while at University) I know there's a lot more history in the Algerian-French relationship than with other countries in Northern Africa...

marv

Juniors
Having read Camus' The Stranger (well, I read the crib notes to it while at University) I know there's a lot more history in the Algerian-French relationship than with other countries in Northern Africa...

enlighten me............................

enlighten me............................

French Colonialism... local terrorism... war for independence... etc. The book is about a French bloke in Algeria who kills an Algerian amongst the first waves of an Algerian independence movement. The colonial authorities are happy to let him off as long as he pleads self-defence... which he doesn't for some reason. The Cure did a song about it "Killing an Arab"...

marv

Juniors
French Colonialism... local terrorism... war for independence... etc. The book is about a French bloke in Algeria who kills an Algerian amongst the first waves of an Algerian independence movement. The colonial authorities are happy to let him off as long as he pleads self-defence... which he doesn't for some reason. The Cure did a song about it "Killing an Arab"...

So there is a bit more ill feeling from the Algerian community towards the French than other north africans, there may be a modicum of truth to what he is saying, i dont see it myself but I dont know anything about what its like to live in France as a person of Algerian decent.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Tamghart is Algerian, maybe thats his point?

No that is not his point. His point is that he is of Arab heritage, and hence he feels that he is discriminated on that basis. Being from one of the subsets Algerian heritage vs Moroccan heritage is not the issue.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
did he not get done for performance enhancing drugs while at utc?

Yes he did.

Unlike the Arab heritage players Jamal Fakir and Adel Fellous, who have never been caught with drugs in their systems, and who have been picked to play for France many times over the years by John Monie.

marv

Juniors
No that is not his point. His point is that he is of Arab heritage, and hence he feels that he is discriminated on that basis. Being from one of the subsets Algerian heritage vs Moroccan heritage is not the issue.

Have you asked him this?

deluded pom?

Coach
So there is a bit more ill feeling from the Algerian community towards the French than other north africans, there may be a modicum of truth to what he is saying, i dont see it myself but I dont know anything about what its like to live in France as a person of Algerian decent.

It didn't seem to bother M. Zidane much.

winnyason

Juniors
He played nl2 last year that would not help his chances, given the backrow talent that is a valid reason: mounis, fakir, elima, gossard, raguin to name a few plus saudoni can cover backrow.

Have you asked him this?

Why would one have to ask him?

Try reading his statements, and it will become obvious what he is talking about.

"Without being rude to anyone, France is a racist country and I have never had good contact with the French players.

"It is not enough to be born there. They expect you to be like them. (emphasis added)

Algeria is a nation-state, not a race. Arab is a race and culture, not a nation-state. No mention is made of the specific nationality of being Algerian. It is obvious that race and culture are his grievances, not nationality.

Last edited: