What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Art Vandalay

Juniors
yer i saw lekkas and tom carve shreds through them as well as heterick is a great player is it true he has been signed with parramatta as well as blake henderson having a blinder

who from st clair 17s will make it to u think

as well the number 6 from lower mountains had a blinder i herd

Art Vandalay

Juniors
yer i saw lekkas and tom carve shreds through them as well as heterick is a great player is it true he has been signed with parramatta as well as blake henderson having a blinder

footyboy7

Juniors

I don't think it is true that heterick has signed with Parramatta Eels.
For St Clair in the Sg Ball squad will be:
Wilson, Feiloakitau, Viiga, Lombardo with Henderson, Vunipola, Dunn and Beggs maybes.

micro

Juniors
I don't think it is true that heterick has signed with Parramatta Eels.
For St Clair in the Sg Ball squad will be:
Wilson, Feiloakitau, Viiga, Lombardo with Henderson, Vunipola, Dunn and Beggs maybes.
Footyboy, spoke to a penrith official at the weekender yesterday afternoon who watched him play st clair and asked what was going on, he said parra offered two year scholarship, heterick did not sign as parra said he had to change schools to st pats for yr11 and 12. hetrick wants to stay at st dominics. it just so happens mick lewis the parra coach was his nsw ccc coach last year. By the by hetrick supposedly played another blinder.good news for penrith.
In the 16s, glenmore park must be very nervous watching the sainties demolish windsor yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am with you, penrith are crazy if they dont pick the best 17yr olds to play at the academy next year, maybe they dont want to be embarrassed like this year and get beaten????????
Halfback, you seem to know plnty of people, tell us why they wont pick tavita , tai, heterick, heather etc if heterick is not got more potential as an allround gifted footballer than a few penrith have picked in the backs, i am not here.
i hope penrith put the two 16s semis at the same ground so we can watch both games this weekend.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Footyboy, spoke to a penrith official at the weekender yesterday afternoon who watched him play st clair and asked what was going on, he said parra offered two year scholarship, heterick did not sign as parra said he had to change schools to st pats for yr11 and 12. hetrick wants to stay at st dominics. it just so happens mick lewis the parra coach was his nsw ccc coach last year. By the by hetrick supposedly played another blinder.good news for penrith.
In the 16s, glenmore park must be very nervous watching the sainties demolish windsor yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am with you, penrith are crazy if they dont pick the best 17yr olds to play at the academy next year, maybe they dont want to be embarrassed like this year and get beaten????????
Halfback, you seem to know plnty of people, tell us why they wont pick tavita , tai, heterick, heather etc if heterick is not got more potential as an allround gifted footballer than a few penrith have picked in the backs, i am not here.
i hope penrith put the two 16s semis at the same ground so we can watch both games this weekend.

thats very interesting i personally rate heterick above wilson he should play sg ball this year for acdemy but apart from ben i think maybe teigh is the only other who should make the squad along with wilson regan and toni the rest of the harold mathews team is not worth being put into sg ball because they will have no future and the age group above is one of the strongest going around

sweet-as

Juniors
glenmore park must be very nervous watching the sainties demolish windsor yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They would be indeed St marys have hammered minchinbury, Brothers and windsor over the last 3 weeks. They are slowly getting all their players back and I hear they will have near the best 17 back this week.

I also hope they put both games at the same venue as i am sure many people would enjoy this.

ashton

Juniors
R THESE THE TOP NSW SCHOOLBOYS
Story by :
oft_s9a.jpg

Over the past couple years, ourfootyteam has had the privilege of covering 100's of school rugby league matches in NSW
So we need your help to make a top 25 NSW School players
Here is a list of real good NSW schoolboys rugby league players, this list is NOT is positional order - Who would make your list
N.S.W ARRIVE ALIVE/UNI SHIELD TOP 25 PLAYERS, JUDGED ON THE PLAYERS THAT HAVE CONSISTANTLY PERFORMED FOR THEIR SCHOOLS.
Joseph Leilua, Cameron King, Daniel Ahsin (ENDEAVOUR SPORTS), Patrick Politoni, Junior Roquica, Sebastian Voulous (Holy Cross College), Kyle Fraser, Jacob Miller, David Uhi, Nathan Massey, Boyd Cordner (Mattraville Sports), Peni Terepo, Jacob Loko, Jason Webhe (Hills Sports), Jack Lee Hang, Chris Ulugia (Westfields Sports),. Limoni Kamuta, Alex McKinnon (St Gregorys College), Samson Sene (Blacktown Pats), Blake Austin (St Dominics), Elkan Tanuvasa (Chifley College), Limoni Latu, Ronny Palumbo (Sarah Redfern High), Simon Maslanka (Kiama High), Max Ray (Dubbo Senior College)
SEND US YOUR LIST, GO ON, GIVE IT A GO!! Contact US

footyboy7

Juniors
So found out that once again 17 yr olds will be picked for Academy SG Ball. Which i think is great news. They are also picking a 17s Develoepment which will both definately increase the strength for Penrith SG Ball 2011.
Stupid how they dont have both 16s games at same ground.

half_back

Juniors
So found out that once again 17 yr olds will be picked for Academy SG Ball. Which i think is great news. They are also picking a 17s Develoepment which will both definately increase the strength for Penrith SG Ball 2011.
Stupid how they dont have both 16s games at same ground.

Unless they have dramatically changed tack from last Monday's selection meeting they wont be picking 17s with the exception of Wilson, Satini and Regan. They were the only ones selectors had as either definite or possibles. While I agree Hetrick should be chosen unless there is a major change of direction he wont be. They at present have 46 players who they are considering with 32 in the top bracket and 14 in the possibles. Only the 3 16s above or on that list.

half_back

Juniors

I agree that Hetrick has the potential and I dont know why he isnt in the mix as you are correct that he has more talent than quite a few.
Blokes like Tai and Heather have been questioned as to whether they could actually make the grade. Tai no doubt is dominant at this level but many sceptical about how he will progress and especially his poor attitude this season. Personally I think WSAS should have about half 17s half 18s. Develop he best but rely on the experience of the okder guys as well.

sweet-as

Juniors
I think penrith worry too much about winning Harold Matthews and SG ball.
It doesn't mean nothing winning these comps the main focus should be the development of players which should include an even mix of 17 and 18 year olds in the squad.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
thats a stupid moove in my view harold mathews just scraped through to the finals most of those players do not deserve to be playing sg ball

are older people being picked as well

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Unless they have dramatically changed tack from last Monday's selection meeting they wont be picking 17s with the exception of Wilson, Satini and Regan. They were the only ones selectors had as either definite or possibles. While I agree Hetrick should be chosen unless there is a major change of direction he wont be. They at present have 46 players who they are considering with 32 in the top bracket and 14 in the possibles. Only the 3 16s above or on that list.

u wouldnt happen to have a list of those 46 players would half-back would be interesting to c

junior fan

Juniors
The next teir of players from the matts that end up at academy next year look to be in good hands, word is that Lee Addison who coached the Manly Matts team all the way to third in the comp last year will be the WSAS Matts coach. Those that have had him say he is a great coach, very thorough and experienced. This should be great and should help improve the boys in leaps and bounds. Should be extremely beneficial for the year young boys.

Last edited:

ashton

Juniors
there going to be called the speed bumps.There is not even 18 semi standard kids over there.They will have 80+ points put on them every week.Not a great thing for the kids

I surpose time will tell murray, but they have to start somewhere.
Take a look at the storm SG Ball side this year, they made the grand finals with a small junior base to select from.

micro

Juniors
I agree that Hetrick has the potential and I dont know why he isnt in the mix as you are correct that he has more talent than quite a few.
Blokes like Tai and Heather have been questioned as to whether they could actually make the grade. Tai no doubt is dominant at this level but many sceptical about how he will progress and especially his poor attitude this season. Personally I think WSAS should have about half 17s half 18s. Develop he best but rely on the experience of the okder guys as well.
i have had it confirmed, the three Wilson, tony and regan are the only younger players that will be selected in either squad. depending on trial form they may all remain at penrith or all three could end up at the academy. This is DUMB, it worked too well last year in sg and matts at the academy with the year younger players, ending in a defeat for penrith sg ball at home by the academy. I thought jimmy was smarter than that, but maybe not!!!!!!! What will the make up of a 17s developement squad look like? halfback, do you know if selectors have discussed the make up? it would be interesting to not only see who is in but who is left out all together. Penrith might play games with players from an unsuccessful year this year.

micro

Juniors
Just to show Penrith how stupid they are, i hope Antonelli, Tai, Hetrick go and play ball for another club and they will be successful and show up the gutless, yes men who are the penrith selectors, time for new selectors who actually have balls.