What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

footyboy7

Juniors
mmm... As i hear, he made a few busts but let Joe Lee get thebetter of him in times throughout the match.
Just wondering how many will they take for Panthers SG Ball next year?
And how many Penrith players will they take for the WSAS Sg Ball side?

micro

Juniors
They might not play each other next week it depends on other results.
Spot in sweet as, playing windsor. I hope the boys have their boxing skills ready. I am told Joel and Tavita will play? is Doran any chance? If not are Bryce and jakeil qualified to play up?

sweet-as

Juniors
Spot in sweet as, playing windsor. I hope the boys have their boxing skills ready. I am told Joel and Tavita will play? is Doran any chance? If not are Bryce and jakeil qualified to play up?

This is what ive heard off one of the boys brothers....
Joel isn't playing due to a fallout with the coach.
Tevita will be playing.
Doran is no chance.
Bryce and jakiel cannot play as that was the only competition game they played in.

half_back

Juniors
Mmmm my SG Ball team would be a little bit different.
1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Michael Compton
6. Robbie Mate or William Beale*
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Jonathon Taefu
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

14. Aaron Farkas
15. Kaisa Matavoa
16. Junior Masaga
17. Dean Zammit
Then Ryan Wilson, Tony Sotini and Reece Regan. Who are all training with the Edge Squad.

As for Harold Matthews.
1. Alan Nuilesa
2. Ryan Casey
3. Josh Walker
4. John Tuliatu
5. Joseph (St Marys)
6. Apparently half or 5/8 from Bathurst or somewhere has been talked about.
7. Jake Maklouf
8. Jakiel Fuimaono
9. Zach Clay
10. Leonati Feiloakitau
11. Bryce Cartwright (13)
13. Wiki Tauvao (11)

Jaye Fuimaono
Mika Tauga
Peau Aleni
Jarrod Brackenhofffer

And sorry sweet-as but in only my opinion a few of the players mentioned for the WSAS Sg Ball, based on this years alone performance dont deserve that spot.

:):)

Footyboy think those teams will be pretty close to the mark. I'd only have a few different
1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Tony Satini
6. Robbie Mate
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Kaisa Matavoa
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

14. Junior Masaga
15. Dean Zammit
16. Dilan Curtis
17. John Faiumu
18. Ryan Wilson
19. Reece Regan

As for Harold Matthews.
1. Alan Nuilesa
2. Ryan Casey
3. Josh Walker
4. John Tuliatu
5. Riki Wilie
6. Tyronne Glassie
7. Jake Maklouf
8. Jakiel Fuimaono
9. Zach Clay
10. Leonati Feiloakitau
11. Bryce Cartwright
12. Jaye Fuimaono
13. Wiki Tauvao

Roy Teuku
Mika Tauga
Peau Aleni
Jarrod Brackenhoffer
Mark Alaelua

Also agree about the WSAS team I heard that they wont be taking year young players like in past, meaning there would be no spot for the likes of Tai, Vave, Hetrick etc

ashton

Juniors
I was reading about a 5/8 from Bathurst playing for Group 10 rep side, who carved up a Penrith development squad (scored 2 tries) a couple of months ago at St Marys.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Footyboy think those teams will be pretty close to the mark. I'd only have a few different
1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Tony Satini
6. Robbie Mate
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Kaisa Matavoa
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

14. Junior Masaga
15. Dean Zammit
16. Dilan Curtis
17. John Faiumu
18. Ryan Wilson
19. Reece Regan

As for Harold Matthews.
1. Alan Nuilesa
2. Ryan Casey
3. Josh Walker
4. John Tuliatu
5. Riki Wilie
6. Tyronne Glassie
7. Jake Maklouf
8. Jakiel Fuimaono
9. Zach Clay
10. Leonati Feiloakitau
11. Bryce Cartwright
12. Jaye Fuimaono
13. Wiki Tauvao

Roy Teuku
Mika Tauga
Peau Aleni
Jarrod Brackenhoffer
Mark Alaelua

Also agree about the WSAS team I heard that they wont be taking year young players like in past, meaning there would be no spot for the likes of Tai, Vave, Hetrick etc

Your team for sg ball is very strong but their are a several players that you are missing a number of players for 1 Tom esiuhuth from lower mountains has been sighned with penrith for 3 years they rate him as 1 for the future as well penrith rating jake butler-flemming and michael lekkas is their sg ball squads

another thing is how many will be picked for sg ball penrih and sg ball acdemy

any thoughts people

half_back

Juniors
Your team for sg ball is very strong but their are a several players that you are missing a number of players for 1 Tom esiuhuth from lower mountains has been sighned with penrith for 3 years they rate him as 1 for the future as well penrith rating jake butler-flemming and michael lekkas is their sg ball squads

another thing is how many will be picked for sg ball penrih and sg ball acdemy

any thoughts people

Too true Art. Forgot all about Tom and Jake also think Damien Luhr will be somewhere in the mix too. Not sure bout Lekkas.

Ive heard there will be 24 Penrith and 12 Academy. They wont be split until late Jan after trials unlike last year.

footyboy7

Juniors
Too true Art. Forgot all about Tom and Jake also think Damien Luhr will be somewhere in the mix too. Not sure bout Lekkas.

Ive heard there will be 24 Penrith and 12 Academy. They wont be split until late Jan after trials unlike last year.

Btw i think you have all missed out a definate in Jonathon Taefu. Will easily be in the top 17.
So are they taking 17 yr olds for WSAS SG ball next year?

Art Vandalay

Juniors
yer yer lekkas played roosters harold mathews and was CIS MVP up in newcastle surely he would be in the mix

yer johno is a great front rower can anyone suggest their 12 for acdemy and their 24 for penrith

half_back

Juniors
Btw i think you have all missed out a definate in Jonathon Taefu. Will easily be in the top 17.
So are they taking 17 yr olds for WSAS SG ball next year?

It been mentioned before but Satini, Regan and Wilson are the only 17s in Edge squad and I believe will be the only 17s in either Penrith or WSAS squads.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
It been mentioned before but Satini, Regan and Wilson are the only 17s in Edge squad and I believe will be the only 17s in either Penrith or WSAS squads.

yer surely but which would u put them in

and can sum-one confirm how many is being picked is it a 40 man squad like in previous years of a combined wsas and penrith squad with all players playing sg ball for either team
\

sumkah01

Juniors
I think you guys have forgot a couple of boys especially frommSt Clair like Josh Leslie which is the quickest winger in the age group by a fair distance also Inokie who played SG Ball for Newtown this year also Tyler Lombardo who played ball for WSAS it seems really weird how you could put three kids from Windsor in the squad when there in Tier b and you have 1 from St Clair who are 8 points clear of 3rd spot there is also Tyrone Viiga will be around the squad somewhere.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
I think you guys have forgot a couple of boys especially frommSt Clair like Josh Leslie which is the quickest winger in the age group by a fair distance also Inokie who played SG Ball for Newtown this year also Tyler Lombardo who played ball for WSAS it seems really weird how you could put three kids from Windsor in the squad when there in Tier b and you have 1 from St Clair who are 8 points clear of 3rd spot there is also Tyrone Viiga will be around the squad somewhere.

yer i dnt think josh will come into consideration at all there are to many good wingers as for inoke its rumored he is on a contract with the roosters and as for tyler he will be there even though terribly overrated and tryone wel his judiciary record speaks for its self dnt u think

the player who should be there is blake henderson great player but its always over looked can anyone please confirm exact dates and numbers for these squads

half_back

Juniors

Josh will prob be in squad prob end up academy. Inokie dont think will make it. Tyler same as Inokie (although great game this weekend from either could get them a run). Tyronne definitely there would say in Penrith ball.

All just my opinion will see how close when teams are announced. Interested to hear your side.

So for what it is worth this would be my squad, well the start of it anyway

1. Nicholas Mataia
2. Keti Nanai
3. Jon Pepa
4. Tevita Feiloakitau
5. Tony Satini
6. Robbie Mate
7. Harry Seijka
8. Solo Alone
9. Blake South
10. Kaisa Matavoa
11. Corey Carl
12. Sam Hollis
13. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
14. Junior Masaga
15. Dean Zammit
16. Dilan Curtis
17. John Faiumu
18. Ryan Wilson
19. Reece Regan
20. Tom Esiuhuth
21. Jake butler-flemming
22. Josh Leslie
23.Tyrone Viiga

half_back

Juniors
yer i dnt think josh will come into consideration at all there are to many good wingers as for inoke its rumored he is on a contract with the roosters and as for tyler he will be there even though terribly overrated and tryone wel his judiciary record speaks for its self dnt u think

the player who should be there is blake henderson great player but its always over looked can anyone please confirm exact dates and numbers for these squads

Ive been told there is another selection meeting on Wednesday to finalise the squads. That they will be squads of 36. Not sure when they will be announced. It will have to be soon as the Ball boys who make NZ squad will need to know asap. (This will be good indicator of who will be Penrith and who WSAS)

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Ive been told there is another selection meeting on Wednesday to finalise the squads. That they will be squads of 36. Not sure when they will be announced. It will have to be soon as the Ball boys who make NZ squad will need to know asap. (This will be good indicator of who will be Penrith and who WSAS)

so are u saying the squads are 36 for both acdemy and penrith ball how many are they taking to new zealand

half_back

Juniors
so are u saying the squads are 36 for both acdemy and penrith ball how many are they taking to new zealand
There will be one squad of 36 chosen. these boys will train together for the preseason. After the trials early next year they will cut 12 players and send them to academy leaving 24 in the Penrith ball/matts squads for the season. 20 are going to be chosen for NZ.

footyboy7

Juniors
There will be one squad of 36 chosen. these boys will train together for the preseason. After the trials early next year they will cut 12 players and send them to academy leaving 24 in the Penrith ball/matts squads for the season. 20 are going to be chosen for NZ.

24. Jonathon Taefu
Why is everyone forgetting this kid?

Oh and btw i dont understand why Penrith are reverting back to 18 Yr olds for WSAS SG ball. When the 17 yr old 2009 experiment worked so well? Sounds so weird to me.

I was out watching some semi finals today, from what i saw and heard was that:
U16s- Brothers defeated St Clair 30-12, good games to Regan, Hill, Heterick, Robinson and for St Clair: Ryan Wilson was at his usual best.
St Marys defeated Windsor 30-10.
U17s- St Clair defeated Brothers 58-18 or something close. Best were Tevita Feilokatiau ans St Clair #1.
Lower Blue defeated Mincho by about 20, Lekkas and tom Eisunhuth carved. VTK played ok for Mincho.