What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh insists Eels' season isn't lost

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Honestly who would do well in the backline with our team ATM???? Hayne also struggled at centre in our sh*thouse team. Put INU at fullback and i have no doubt he would kill it as well. Our pack is crap and our halves have nothing, INU playing for the Bronc's or ST George would be a revalation.

mate i just think Inu back to the wing to get his confidence back whilst he and our forward pack struggles atm.

His reaction time at centre is just too slow, and he never passes or have the creative ball skills to put defenses in two minds - a brillant finisher however.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
mate i just think Inu back to the wing to get his confidence back whilst he and our forward pack struggles atm.

His reaction time at centre is just too slow, and he never passes or have the creative ball skills to put defenses in two minds - a brillant finisher however.
Fair enough, but he has f**k all room at centre just like Hayne did. Look at Hayne now at fullback with some room to move playing amazing footy.

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't see why everyone keeps just handing Inu a spot. He hasn't done jack for a year and a half now.

No, but he is a better player than Uiasele and Tautai. In a full strength side with every player playing well he'd be a walk up start.

Last edited:
If Cayless is playing that badly, can we have suggestions as to who would be a better option? Instead of just bagging the guy, in a team that is struggling....
There is also the suggestion of getting rid of him. Please suggest who else we would get to replace him? O'Meley? Shackleton? These names keep being thrown up - but really, are they any better?
I dont have a problem with people bagging someone, when the bagging is deserved. Personally, I dont think he is the reason for our poor form - he is a toiler, always has been , always will be. He isnt their to score tries or set them up - he is a front rower, doing the bash n barge. Parra lose games, and people start looking for scape goats - generally in the forwards (I agree we have not recruited well in that department) but seriously, other than Hayne (who has only warmed up in the last 4 weeks) who do we have in the backline that could be considered a game breaker?

* End Rant *

Mickyd39

Juniors
If Cayless is playing that badly, can we have suggestions as to who would be a better option? Instead of just bagging the guy, in a team that is struggling....
There is also the suggestion of getting rid of him. Please suggest who else we would get to replace him? O'Meley? Shackleton? These names keep being thrown up - but really, are they any better?
I dont have a problem with people bagging someone, when the bagging is deserved. Personally, I dont think he is the reason for our poor form - he is a toiler, always has been , always will be. He isnt their to score tries or set them up - he is a front rower, doing the bash n barge. Parra lose games, and people start looking for scape goats - generally in the forwards (I agree we have not recruited well in that department) but seriously, other than Hayne (who has only warmed up in the last 4 weeks) who do we have in the backline that could be considered a game breaker?

* End Rant *

he is not even bashing and barging this year.

he stops before he hits the line trying to offload, he should try getting through the line or even poke his head through and then try to offload.

I think Tim Mannah could replace him and Latimore has played well in his last 2 outings. time too blood some youngsters.

oldmancraigy

Coach
he is not even bashing and barging this year.

he stops before he hits the line trying to offload, he should try getting through the line or even poke his head through and then try to offload.

I think Tim Mannah could replace him and Latimore has played well in his last 2 outings. time too blood some youngsters.

I think it's a bit unfair - there are only 11 props this year who average more meters per game than Nathan Cayless.
It's just that he doesn't bend the defensive line backwards, and gets dominated too often (resulting in slow play the balls).

If he was on 200k per season less, I think we'd all be much happier with him (or maybe 300k per season less...)

The Colonel

Immortal
Cayless, as would all our forwards, would benefit more with players in motion around him. He can play before the line and did so throughout the World Cup for one big reason - the likes of Jeremy Smith, Bronson Harrison and others running with him and creating options for an offload at or before the line. Very few of our players run with the forwards..... they sit back waiting for the next play.

It is one of the big reasons as well why they are so poor in converting line breaks this season.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Cayless, as would all our forwards, would benefit more with players in motion around him. He can play before the line and did so throughout the World Cup for one big reason - the likes of Jeremy Smith, Bronson Harrison and others running with him and creating options for an offload at or before the line. Very few of our players run with the forwards..... they sit back waiting for the next play.

It is one of the big reasons as well why they are so poor in converting line breaks this season.

Yeah - fair point.

Cayless is actually 7th or 8th amongst props in offloads this season - so it's not like there's no reason to support him!

Justafan

Juniors
Hi Guys, first time poster, long time lurker. Not one to embrace modern technology. Old timer with old fashioned views.

Just thought I would bump this bump this thread considering the situation the Eels now find themselves in. It was a dark period of 2009 and the despair that all Eels supporters were esperiencing was real and horrible.

Hindy's words however were prophetic and encouraging.

Anyway, hello to all

Thanks for bumping this thread "Justafan".

Reading all of that, and delving back into the dark early days of this season, only makes my jaw crush against the floor even harder at the unbelievable turnaround the team has made this season.

Everyone here had written them off (I had also), but Hindmarsh's words indeed proved prophetic.

Nathan Hindmarsh:

In hindsight, your foresight was out of sight.

F*ck I'm loving this season!

Parra Steve

Juniors
I remember the titans game we lost and the post match interviews, the players were gutted thinking that was the end of their season, what a difference 12 weeks makes.

MickRad

Juniors
I remember that Titans game as well. It felt like the turning point. Our lowest point of the year.

I think the best thing about this year was State of Origin.

a) It shot Hayne into form and
b) We played a weakened Storm team to start our winning run.

Pity the Blues couldn't actually win it!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Thanks for bumping this thread "Justafan".

Reading all of that, and delving back into the dark early days of this season, only makes my jaw crush against the floor even harder at the unbelievable turnaround the team has made this season.

Everyone here had written them off (I had also), but Hindmarsh's words indeed proved prophetic.

Nathan Hindmarsh:

In hindsight, your foresight was out of sight.

F*ck I'm loving this season!

And then there is Casper.... he never wrote the Eels off or gave up on them for 2009 either. Sure Casper joined this forum early June 2009 but he came promoting a positive attitude, encouraging all Eels supporters to take stock on the way they think and feel about their players and fans, to stop dumping all their negative crap on the players, etc, and if many supporters adhered to this suggestion, a reward would quickly come in the form of an Eels Golden Age Dynasty starting early/mid June 2009 onwards.

Success is a team effort requiring players, coaches, officials and fans etc, to work together, co-creating a positive attitude, becoming the tools for creating successful dreams for the Eels to play into.

Good on you Nathan Hindmarsh and every other Eels player, coach, official and fan who ignored negativity in all its forms and who focused on positive attitudes, thoughts and feelings. It obviously worked. There is no luck behind the Eels stunning late season surge which now has them playing in the Grand Final, a game they will win as well.

Casper loves the Eels

Last edited:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I agree Casper.

If there is one thing that this thread should teach ALL Parra fans, it is that they should support the team at all times.

What this team has proven is that we, as fans, should think very, very carefully before we bag a player, and never question the efforts of the players. Too many people are too quick to point the finger and blame, rather than get behind the team and the club.

As we can see, a successfull footy club just needs the right mix of ingredients, and when that is found then the players you were bagging suddenly become the ones that you are praising.

Latest posts