What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta to NOT move Dragons blockbuster to Homebush

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good idea, if they get 15000 more than it more than finacially makes uo for the loss of home ground. Not to mention how much better for the game it looks to be getting 30k+ crowds in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think they could get 15 cats and 14 pigeons at ANZ and it would still make a better profit than any other ground.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Why is it the wrong attitude with Osborne? Better attitude than Dousts.......

Peter Doust is the CEO of the Dragons, not the NRL. He made a decision based on what he (and the board) thought would be the best for the Dragons. I would agree that playing a vital home game at home is a good decision for the club.

I suppose us Saints fans must take having a real, spiritual home ground for granted.

The Colonel

Immortal
Peter Doust is the CEO of the Dragons, not the NRL. He made a decision based on what he (and the board) thought would be the best for the Dragons. I would agree that playing a vital home game at home is a good decision for the club.

I suppose us Saints fans must take having a real, spiritual home ground for granted.

Yeah, well the best interests seemingly paid off huh.

:lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
this is purely a move to accomodate our new indian fan base, ozzie is bringing a hercules aircraft full of fans from bombay to fill the seats

it will have the atmosphere of an ipl game and smell of curry

Dragon Dave

Bench
It worked the week before, meaning we won more than you lot did last year.

Back on topic - If the game is moved, I really hope it is made worthwhile with a crowd of around 40K.

NGR

Juniors
My Mrs was campaigning for this every time the topic came up, now she's disappointed it's happened, as she doesn't have reason to hate Parra anymore.

:lol: no really :lol:

Have you met her yet?

andrew057

First Grade
Both Dragons and Eels fans are a funny bunch. Theyve changed sides in the argument from the first round of the finals last season to now.

Good move by the Eels, will let more fans watch the game (given at a lesser stadium) and be quite financially rewarding.

The same decision the Dragons should've made last year, except they end up keeping it for it's "home" advantage which probably cost them hundreds of thousands and they get touched up by the 8th placed team anyway. Guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Brutus

Referee
Brilliant work Mr Osborne.

Promote the f**k out of the game and we'll get 35-40k. A much better result for RL. Who knows, we might even get more.

This move at least allows the league to promote, promote, promote wheras before the potential crowd was restricted due to Parra stadium's limited capacity.

When reviewing crowd averages at the end of the year, a decision like this will be looked fondly upon.

Gaba

First Grade
Good move by the Eels, will let more fans watch the game (given at a lesser stadium) and be quite financially rewarding.
They hope its not awful weather and get a crowd of more then 20,000 , they could end up making less then they would at parramatta stadium

ozjet1

if this becomes the norm and every team starts playing matches out of centralised stadia, then tribalism in rugby league will die.

it begins with one or two games here and there, then it becomes a regular thing in seasons to come to the point where 8 teams will play out of 2 stadia. teams will lose their district identity and just carry the name of it rather than represent it. it happened in the AFL and now it's just a generic & homogenous piece of crap. there's no real distinction between one melbourne team and another apart from their match day colours, and the players that fill them.

if this becomes the norm and every team starts playing matches out of centralised stadia, then tribalism in rugby league will die.

it begins with one or two games here and there, then it becomes a regular thing in seasons to come to the point where 8 teams will play out of 2 stadia. teams will lose their district identity and just carry the name of it rather than represent it. it happened in the AFL and now it's just a generic & homogenous piece of crap. there's no real distinction between one melbourne team and another apart from their match day colours, and the players that fill them.

Oh yeah Henson Park was a great saviour for the Jets!

:lol:

Latest posts