What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The crowd at Gold Coast looks poor
Jesus and this was meant to be the bumper crowds year for the NRL.
Crowds wise the AFL must be laughing at us and the international Soccer lot must be thinking what the big deal with the NRL.

Brutus

Referee
Maybe CC needs an AFL team, they seem to do quiet well in Sydney.

(not sure why we are bashing the CC crowd, was probably the best of the night. With no "real" local team)

Yet you take the travelling Knights and Manly out of the equation and you are probably left with friends and loved ones.

Perth does better with barely any travelling fans.

BTW, The only AFL team in NSW drew 31k tonight.

Th only Super 15 team in NSW drew 20k.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
on a positive note the swans only got 31,330. poor considering their past crowds at ANZ

It seems a good days weather on the GC turns people off going to the footy, raiders not exactly a big draw though

Teddyboy

First Grade
Sydney's crowds for all Football codes are pretty dire sometimes.
I think there should be some ethnic cleansing of the Football codes in Sydney.

Brutus

Referee
That 31k is still better than what we get in Melbourne.
Comparable to Broncos even.

Who knows the Storm may get that much on Good Friday against the Dragons if the game is promoted well enough.

They'll probably get between 20-30k for the following home game too.

broncos2011

Gold Coast fans did themselves a favour by staying away from that game. Raiders didn't really put up a fight, they seemed to hate the ball a lot though.

camsmith

Juniors
Who knows the Storm may get that much on Good Friday against the Dragons if the game is promoted well enough.

They'll probably get between 20-30k for the following home game too.

Dont know about that. I wont be there as i'll be away for the weekend and im sure i wont be alone. Havent heard a thing about the game in the media either. I'd say 25k would be a good crowd.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's with all the 8:40pm games?

They just destroy crowds.

this is where Perth could add real value come 2013. You could have a live 8.30pm or even 9pm Sydney time game and it would be a 5.30pm or 6pm kick off here which wouldn't killl the crowd.

Teddyboy

First Grade
this is where Perth could add real value come 2013. You could have a live 8.30pm or even 9pm Sydney time game and it would be a 5.30pm or 6pm kick off here which wouldn't killl the crowd.
Soeone needs shot for butting games on that late.
It's a sick joke.

MsStorm

Bench
Dont know about that. I wont be there as i'll be away for the weekend and im sure i wont be alone. Havent heard a thing about the game in the media either. I'd say 25k would be a good crowd.

I hope we get some sort of promotion during this week, so far absolutely nothing and I agree with 25,000 being a good crowd.
I'll be at the game, but have a couple of friends who will be at mass instead and can't attend.

Besides at 2.10 pm game is a stupid idea, it will keep people away. A night game would have been a much better idea.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Soeone needs shot for butting games on that late.
It's a sick joke.
What times are games broadcast on FTA in England?

I hope we get some sort of promotion during this week, so far absolutely nothing and I agree with 25,000 being a good crowd.
I'll be at the game, but have a couple of friends who will be at mass instead and can't attend.

Besides at 2.10 pm game is a stupid idea, it will keep people away. A night game would have been a much better idea.
Why? It's a day off!

TheDalek079

Bench
21,318 for Parra/Wests
13,267 for Saints
11,521 on the GC
11,024 at CUA stadium
12,138 for the Sea Eagles

apart from the first one they're all pretty average

lets see Bullscum/Easts and Broncos/Warriors get some good crowds today!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
Maybe CC needs an AFL team, they seem to do quiet well in Sydney.

(not sure why we are bashing the CC crowd, was probably the best of the night. With no "real" local team)
Neither am I. Half the crowd anywhere else would have half the members here demanding a new team, but unless Bluetongue sells out every week for whatever random combination of teams go up there then a CC team has no hope.

given a large % of the crowd seemd to be in Manly or Knights gear I wonder how many people were actually from the CC watching the game?

They should play two non NSW teams there to give a true indication of the level of support for a team.
And what stupid logic lies behind that? If Warriors v NQ jag 15 k, how does that prove support for the Bears? By that logic, last years prelim final between Parra and Canterbury would mean a future Homebush side would have heaps of fans!

How is it pathetic if I choose not to support my team taking a "home" game up here to the CC. I buy my season tickets and choose to only utilise 10 of the 12 games on offer. I thought I would still be contributing each fortnight by having SEASON TICKETS.
You decided you didn't want to go because you didn't like Singo. Not because of work commitments, or you didn't like either side, or it's too far for you, or any other reasonable excuse. You don't like Singo. End of story.

Pathetic.

mave

Coach
Yep, the Central Coast is falling over themselves to get a team fulltime up here.:lol:

You would think that the locals would be wetting themselves at seeing some NRL action at Gosford but apparently not. Maybe everyone up here already has a team and doesn't need any other.

I didn't go to the game as I hate seeing Manly take their "home" games away (and Singleton is an a grade arsehole), and don't give me any bullcrap about renovations at Brookie, we do this twice every year.

Obviously, not just about Singo, but feel free to pick and choose what bits you feel like reading.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If the Dogs and Souths both lose this Round the Easter Monday crowd which usually draws good numbers could be a real let down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I doubt it, they've been in rubbish form before and still managed 20k - 2008 from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts