What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Manager game

Didgi

How do you start playing the game with a team?
hi mate, there is a pleyr guide on the site thatshoukd help you out. Choose a team from the menus at the start, then in bottom left corner select a difficulty level and the game will start:: disclaimer that was correct for the 2009 version, haven't downloadled 2010 yet.
I played 2009 as Tigers and won the NRL, and came 2nd in the U20s. My alliance team went nowhere but i put no time in to them.

I had a few problems with them. EG it kept saying I had no alliance promotions and I had no idea what that was or how to fix it.

I signed about 5 guys instantly at the start of the season: Sean Long, steve menzies, jason ryles, wendell sailor and adam macdougall. And didnt let anyone go, and nothing hapened, so im not sure if theres any cap or player salary maintenance. Other than that it was easy, although i was playing on "easy" mode which makes sense.

I then accepted the job as Ireland for the world cup and didnt get past the quarters.

will down 2010 now

You will receive 2 board member updates at the start of every month if a) you don't have anough alliance promotions and b) not enough profit.
In the 7 seasons I've played the game with 3 different clubs I've never once met the promotions expectation. Don't worry about it. HOWEVER promoting a select few alliance players - the good ones - is important to success. To do this go to the 'contracts' menu on the left, choose alliance players, click on which player you think is really good and want to give a spot in your team, then click offer senior contract in bottom left. As for the profit, if you win the championship you should win more than enough to cover the profit expectations. There absolutely is a salary cap, but in easy you start well below it.

Didgi

I should also add given this game is free it is very very good. Yeah there is some obvious glitches and the player ratings are rare, eg- Jason Nightingale is one of very few world class players and its a little too easy too just sign some players. But still its very good. Given I bought a rugby league manager game about 10 years ago whcih was absolute garbage from the UK, this one absolutely canes it and i dont think would look out of shape in a shop. If it was $30-$50 id probably buy it

Shhhh!! You'll give them ideas! ;-).

Jason Nightingale - lmfao. Otherwise I think they were pretty accurate. It's not made by someone who has absolutely no idea.

age.s

First Grade
I'm getting a page cannot be found error from the link in the OP. Does anyone have an updated link or is the site just down temporarily?

Didgi

I'm getting a page cannot be found error from the link in the OP. Does anyone have an updated link or is the site just down temporarily?

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.rugbyleaguemanager.com
Try reloading: www.­rugbyleaguemanag­er.­com
Additional suggestions:

That is the message I jsut got. Same when trying the .co.uk extension in the OP. It must be the site down, probably because the 2010 version came out recently and the site cant support the amount of downloads its getting? SOmeone more internet-literate might be able to help better

I keep selecting my 19-man squad for a match but the '19 man squad' doesnt come up as selected in the main squad part afterwards & I cant advance to a game.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
That is the message I jsut got. Same when trying the .co.uk extension in the OP. It must be the site down, probably because the 2010 version came out recently and the site cant support the amount of downloads its getting? SOmeone more internet-literate might be able to help better

Works now, thanks for that.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Downloaded yesterday and played for about 5 hours at night .... looks a lot better than the 2008 version!

Playing as St George, and so far we are 8 from 8 to start the season, with Melbourne second on 7-1. Beat Melbourne 14-12 in an epic tussle.

But the junior squad is crap for the Dragons -- I had to go and chuck a Roosters ... bought some of the best junior talent that was up for sale, and suddenly I have the best Alliance team in the competition!

BLKOUT!

Juniors
They definitely need an overhaul in the graphics department. I love that someone is making this sort of game, I'm struggling to play it though being so used to FM. Hopefully they keep going and get some sort of attention from actual distributers, that money would probably go a long way.

Latest posts