What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Wb1234

Referee
I think pvl has been sold a lemon

The money the nrl puts in will have to get written off

the English game bleeds money it seems difficult to believe the nrl can make money off it

The_Wookie

Bench
From what I gather and from Vlad's info, the NRL have Touch and League Tag, whilst Oz Tag is a separate organisation with Bill Harrigan as CEO

The NRL has league tag outright, but it has an affiliation - or "strategic alliance" formed in 2012/13 - with Touch Football Australia which grants it considerable branding, board appointments and influence with Touch - which remains a separate organisation, it is not a subsidary of the ARLC.

Oztag remains an entirely separate organisation altogether.

Vlad59

Juniors
The NRL has league tag outright, but it has an affiliation - or "strategic alliance" formed in 2012/13 - with Touch Football Australia which grants it considerable branding, board appointments and influence with Touch - which remains a separate organisation, it is not a subsidary of the ARLC.

Oztag remains an entirely separate organisation altogether.
Yep that’s correct. League clubs have adopted league tag not touch. But touch is clearly a non contact form of league. It’s not unreasonable to count it in as part of the family with oztag as well given the stuff our competition includes

The_Wookie

Bench
Yep that’s correct. League clubs have adopted league tag not touch. But touch is clearly a non contact form of league. It’s not unreasonable to count it in as part of the family with oztag as well given the stuff our competition includes

Ausplay still count them separately. Which is probably why most people still do as well.

When ive done this in the past Ive counted both separately and together.

Vlad59

Juniors
Ausplay still count them separately. Which is probably why most people still do as well.

When ive done this in the past Ive counted both separately and together.
I see why. The branding is very similar to nrl as is the game but they do separate annual reports. I can see league tag growing exponentially in the next few years as more clubs wise up to the benefits. Touch will stay separate methinks

docbrown

Coach

they’ve tried other nights before wed gets the best ratings

awful
To hazard a guess:

Origin Rounds:
Thursday - women's origin
Friday to Sunday - NRL round 5 or 6 games and extra byes
Monday - men's origin

The rounds after the 3 Origin rounds are then less impacted.

Then they bring back Monday night football - 3 of which are Origin matches.

Friday early slot matches go mostly to Warriors and New Zealand 2 matches.

Vlad59

Juniors
In England union has taken over touch footy

pretty sure it’s with out rules too off a ptb
No idea whether the English offer tag or not. It’s booming here and is great for club culture and a boon to participation. If the NRL took it over you’d imagine they’d do it immediately.

Jetka100

Juniors
I don’t mind the Monday night concept, but I would make the Origin 2 weekend, a rep weekend only and have the Origins only 2 weeks apart. With byes before Origin 1 and 3, you would have players only miss one NRL match only and the Origin doesn’t soak up so much of the season as it currently does.