What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game discussion thread...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I want to give Souths some credit - good win

But us , what a f**ken disgrace. Mateo gee that is why we let him go, no use doing two good things for every 3 crap things. And you know what ABC gave him 1 point.

now when does the coach take some responsibility for our effort. We started that game with no game plan at all. It is round 25 and I have not seen us make one structured attacking play this year. Does anderson have the simple game plan off lets just off-load the ball !!!!

boxhead

First Grade

But us , what a f**ken disgrace. Mateo gee that is why we let him go, no use doing two good things for every 3 crap things. And you know what ABC gave him 1 point.

now when does the coach take some responsibility for our effort. We started that game with no game plan at all. It is round 25 and I have not seen us make one structured attacking play this year. Does anderson have the simple game plan off lets just off-load the ball !!!!

Mate, that's the whole point about the Eels in 2009 and 2010. We live and die by the offload. Early in 2009, Anderson tried to make us play structured and it didn't work. When he took that away, our success came. Unfortuneately, we have not been able to re-create that sort of form for more than two games in a row at any point this season.

It worked last year, he had every right to believe it would work this year.
Obviously it didn't, so we will see what Coach Anderson and the players do next year.

TheParraboy

Staff member
never know we can still make the 8

titans, roosters, dragons, tigers might be over the salary cap and lose all their points

:sarcasm:

boxhead

First Grade
On a side note, can I just say, Mortimer did his level best to spark us and was actually one of our best five players tonight. Feel sorry for him though; I bet he will take it upon himself harsher than most because they played so bad when he came back into the side (even though he was individually good).

i agree theres something missing there maybe ando sits down every week and works out a perfect game plan to win the game and it gets totally ignored by the team but as coach its up to him to make them toe the line

MissEel

Juniors
Would like to know if parra will be selling discounted tickets to the last 10 mins for their games next year. It seems thats the only time they decide to play bloody football.

](*,)](*,)](*,)

Let's put some perspective on this.

These guys are getting paid thousands & thousands to play this game. It just isn't good enough, if they want to be called "professionals".

I spend my hard earned $$$ for so many years supporting this team, & expect that some day, one day in my lifetime, they will win another comp!

I'm sorry - tonights "effort" was just not good enough. Brain explosions time after time after time.

Eelogical

Referee
Would like to know if parra will be selling discounted tickets to the last 10 mins for their games next year. It seems thats the only time they decide to play bloody football.

](*,)](*,)](*,)

Thats unlikely but they might consider a free Parra Stadium meat pie if you can sit through the first 70 minutes.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mate, that's the whole point about the Eels in 2009 and 2010. We live and die by the offload. Early in 2009, Anderson tried to make us play structured and it didn't work. When he took that away, our success came. Unfortuneately, we have not been able to re-create that sort of form for more than two games in a row at any point this season.

It worked last year, he had every right to believe it would work this year.
Obviously it didn't, so we will see what Coach Anderson and the players do next year.

But we can do both, let players play what is in front of them eg off-load the ball. But my concern is when attacking the opositions line, we need some structured attacking plans.

bartman

Immortal
Pretty f**ked effort from us tonight... Souths were hungrier when it counted, and as usual we leave any semblance of an attacking run until too late.

One more game left in what has been a sh*tty season after the performances of late last year. Hopefully we can read about another club all over summer, if our club can manage to keep us out of the headlines.

MissEel

Juniors
Let's put some perspective on this.

These guys are getting paid thousands & thousands to play this game. It just isn't good enough, if they want to be called "professionals".

I spend my hard earned $$$ for so many years supporting this team, & expect that some day, one day in my lifetime, they will win another comp!

I'm sorry - tonights "effort" was just not good enough. Brain explosions time after time after time.

I have to agree. If not play for themselves, play for the fans who support them, who spend there money buying season tickets.

all you season ticket holders should be entitled to a refund what a bloody shambles of a season and its an insult to caylo we couldnt even make the semis in his final year

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
i agree theres something missing there maybe ando sits down every week and works out a perfect game plan to win the game and it gets totally ignored by the team but as coach its up to him to make them toe the line

yep agree. If that is ever the case, it is time for anderson to move on. The coach should have the authority over players or he isn't doing his job!!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dont think we will miss INU and Mateo as much as i though they were terrible tonight just after we scored our first try and had momentum these 2 just gave the game to souths....

btaag

Juniors
Another peabrained, pea-hearted performance from 65% of the team for 80% of the game. I really feel for the players going at 130% all season - must frustrate them as much as it does for me.

Latest posts