What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrewa Hargraves.

boo_boo

Juniors
Sorry to put a damper on last nights great victory but this guy is going to be a real problem if he is allowed to continue to play the way he played last night.
His niggling around the ruck cost the Roosters every time he made a tackle & he was obviously on a mission to go out & maim the opposition every chance he had.
If this was actually in the Roosters game plan then he did his job but if not then he is a liability that could cost the Roosters dearly.
Controlled aggression is fine but giving away those stupid penalties at crucial times or in the opposition's 20 will come back to bite you every time.

D

Deleted member 10972

He is the new Morley/Crocker.

None of our other forwards play with the aggression and niggle that he does, and he is a bit of a grub, but it is in the nature of some blokes. Gallen, Bird, etc

Lol a problem? The guy single handedly brought us in to the game against Manly by being aggressive, we have lacked this sort of player since Morley left the club. The guy is a major plus not a problem and if anything we could use another player like him.

boo_boo

Juniors
I'm not bothered on how hard he plays the game is it's just the stupid penalties he give away.
That shot Dwyer got him with was high but it shut him up & to me he is going to attract a lot more attention if he keeps up this style.
The Roosters get good value from their other forwards like Ryles, Mitch Aubusson, Myles, Henderson, Anasta & Conn so he wont be missed if he is not there & should respect his position a bit more.
He already showed his arrogance by stating that he doesn't respect the Kangaroos when he played us in a test match so he also has an attitude problem to go with it.
Maybe he needs to be reminded that no matter how good you are there is always someone better than you.

Henderson, who is that? Dwyer's high shot might have shut him up but he dishes it out so it means he will have to take it I think it was Ben Ross who completely laid out Adrian Morley one time, that comes with the territory.

JWH is exactly the kind of player we have missed. I'm not worried by what an opposition supporters thinks on the matter because we need him.

Dutchy

Immortal
What TT is saying is the exact reason us Manly love Matai. Opposition fans will hate him, but them types of players do more good for the team then bad.

andrew057

First Grade
What TT is saying is the exact reason us Manly love Matai. Opposition fans will hate him, but them types of players do more good for the team then bad.

Difference is, so far Hargraves has shown he plays the game hard with a bit of niggle.

Matai plays the game like a dirty thug, which no one respects.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Dunno why W-H cops so much flack. He's gonna be one hell of a player, hope he gets picked for the Kiwis.

Noa

First Grade
f**k Id hate to have the problem of a guy who could end some-ones game on any given tackle.

Keep smashin the merkins JWH

Monk

Referee
Guys like JWH, Kennedy, Nuuasala and Masoe are playing like beasts and If they continue playing the way they are then the Roosters Front Row is in good shape for years to come. Ryles was good last night and Conn was ok...

Kennedy was amazing last night, i was so proud of him, his hard runs often go unnoticed but he is really deserving his place in the first grade side right now.

boo_boo

Juniors
I agree with Martin Henderson being an unsung hero in the Roosters side.
Both in attack & defense he is proving his value & he just keeps going all day.
I cant find a fault in his game atm.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Every team needs a JWH in their side. Sometimes he's going to get belted like last night because he pisses people off but that's alright, as long as he stays aggressive. I'd probably hate him if he played for anyone else.

Kennedy was amazing last night, i was so proud of him, his hard runs often go unnoticed but he is really deserving his place in the first grade side right now.

+1. He made some awesome runs and has been good every time he gets a chance.

fred95

Juniors
Sorry to put a damper on last nights great victory but this guy is going to be a real problem if he is allowed to continue to play the way he played last night.
His niggling around the ruck cost the Roosters every time he made a tackle & he was obviously on a mission to go out & maim the opposition every chance he had.
If this was actually in the Roosters game plan then he did his job but if not then he is a liability that could cost the Roosters dearly.
Controlled aggression is fine but giving away those stupid penalties at crucial times or in the opposition's 20 will come back to bite you every time.[ Hargreave's aggresive play turned the game for the roosters against Manly as it did for us against the Tigers last night. I don't know how far we can go in this competition but feel sure he is as crucial as Carney to our hopes of progressing any further this season.

Nothing better than that one player who can get under opposition player and fans skin. Manly have Matai, Sharks have Gallen and had Bird and a few years ago we used to have Mick Crocker.

Dunno why W-H cops so much flack. He's gonna be one hell of a player, hope he gets picked for the Kiwis.

The Kiwis would be mad not to but I reckon they will just look at the way he went out last year for NZ with total disregard for the opposition the guy will be a machine for you guys.

I think I'll be quietly cheering for NZ in the 4 nations with the hyphenators all looking the goods for a regular spot.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
How does he usually go with ball in hand?

I haven't watched him that closely this season, but whenever I have he tends to make about 4 metres a hit-up and get belted. That was certainly the case for the Kiwis last year where he got plenty of praise for some hits but was generally pretty ineffective in reality.

Can he get over the advantage line?

boo_boo

Juniors
Manu, this is definatley an area where i think he should be concentrating on.
I dont know his stats but he seems to be concentrating more on niggling the opposition rather than making yards for his team.

D

Deleted member 10972

The last few weeks he has been making close to 10m a run.

His biggest issue is learning how to use his size. He has two speeds almost.He either:

- sprints as fast as he can, which means that he makes lots of yards before he gets to the line but then gets knocked off balance
- ambles to the line and expects to use his size to just thump his way over players

He needs to learn to find the right speed to hit the line and continue leg drive. He has to use his size properly, but he is a serious talent, and he plays with so much heart.