What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrewa Hargraves.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I think also he tends to piss guys off quickly so they go out of their way to try and smash him whenever he runs. I'm not too bothered about him in attack, it's his defensive effort that makes him worth having in the team.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I agree with Martin Henderson being an unsung hero in the Roosters side.
Both in attack & defense he is proving his value & he just keeps going all day.
I cant find a fault in his game atm.

Martin Kennedy = Roosters
Michael Henderson = Titans

I think also he tends to piss guys off quickly so they go out of their way to try and smash him whenever he runs. I'm not too bothered about him in attack, it's his defensive effort that makes him worth having in the team.

Yep. Ryles is the one eating up metres out of the forwards and if JWH, Mose, Kennedy and Myles can eat up a few of their own then it helps a little bit more besides his gameplan is for SKD, Perrett, Minichiello, Linnett and Graham to get in to dummy half and make runs rather than run it up the middle anyway.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Big props to JWH acknowleging the hit by Dwyer was legal as well. Al ot of players would of bitched and moaned about it but IMO was a fair shot.

Not doubt JWH will dish out a few of his own over the years

JT_

Juniors
Agree with The Mack.

He has a gung-ho approach to the game and throws himself about at anything that moves on the field.

It all comes with experience though, it's easy to forget he's only 21 and once he learns to use his size and strength he'll be a proper enforcer. I also think he still doesn't know if he's a backrower or prop. Over the off-season Smithy will probably have him working on his physique and he should become an out-and-out prop imo.

boo_boo

Juniors
Well it appears that my views on Warrewa Hargraves aren't that of most Roosters supporters & that's fair enough as they are the ones he needs to to please.
The way he has accepted Simon Dwyers tackle is honourable as other forwards would have been hell bent on revenge so good on him.
Lets see what he does for the rest of the semis as i really think the Roosters have the right combinations to go all the way & it will take a real good team to beat them.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I think the thing is most Roosters fans are just willing to accept him giving away a penalty every now and then in exchange for the aggression he brings defensively. Plus we get screwed over by the refs on a weekly basis anyway so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Monk

Referee
He has already shown (for nz) that he doesn't go missing in big games, that is also somethingbthat we need.

I think the thing is most Roosters fans are just willing to accept him giving away a penalty every now and then in exchange for the aggression he brings defensively. Plus we get screwed over by the refs on a weekly basis anyway so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

We've been hammered in the penalties ever since the FOFF. We were awarded the least amount of penalties, conceded the most and won the least amount of penalty counts this year and last year IIRC so the penalty concern with JWH is a non issue to me.

JT_

Juniors
I can barely recall JWH conceding penalties during the season, if anything he got a little caught up in the occasion.

JWH will be a gun of a player in a couple of seasons...the guy is still young and will learn to know when to turn on the aggression and when not to as he gets used to NRL.

Any team would want him IMO as he plays it direct and hard which is refreshing to see.

JT_

Juniors
Just read a DT article the other day and found out he only got into league when he was 18, played Union before that. I think that shows why he's so raw, he'll be a monster when he gets older.

diggo

Juniors
JWH is great for the team. Every team needs one to give them a lift, particularly in defence.

How good were Cronulla when they had Gallen and Birdy working together? Sure, they might give away more penalties but the pros far outweigh the cons. I wish we had him at the Tigers..

D

Deleted member 10972

Remember how raw Morley was in his first season of NRL. Really hit his straps in 2nd season.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I reckon he might've read this thread. Great job in attack tonight, even made a line-break.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Get on the Roosters GF win-Bucks ECF double, woooooooooooooooooooo..................

Every year since I turned 18 (2003) I've put down $50 on the Roosters to win the GF, every f**king year except this year because I figured after last seasons effort it wasn't worth wasting the money.

Also the Bucks to win the ECF would be paying like 30 million. Might be worth a punt :D

effnic

Bench
Last night he was at his niggiling best once again. Im glad we let him go, im not sure how many penalties a team with JWH, Matai and Watmough would rack up. Havnt seen Ryles much lately but he was the same always doing something dumb to cost the dragons the game. These are the 2 guys i would be worried about next week if the game was a close one. But with all that said i wish u guys good luck, im on the roosters bandwagon as i hate the tigers and dragons.