What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

Suitman

Post Whore
The nickname Kilkenny simply refers to the name of Street I grew up in, in South Penrith. No reference whatsover to former Eels greats.

Yeh, No probs. My reply was tongue in cheek. :)
I actually thought you might have been from Ireland.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
The nickname Kilkenny simply refers to the name of Street I grew up in, in South Penrith. No reference whatsover to former Eels greats.

As for Timana, he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory since his return to the NRL and I simply express the view that at his age perhaps he can conclude his career somewhat other than the NRL. Not disputing his obvious footballing ability, but he has demons which I am sure most NRL clubs can do without. For the record, I also have the view elite footballers such as Timana are very fortunate, in comparison to most of us who work for a living. On that basis I do not have too much sympathy. Perhaps he need to hold a stop/go sign or lay concrete for a while to realise exactly how lucky he is or was as the case may be.

All of them (the NRL players) need a day chipping burrs, cleaning up cemeteries, crutching maggoty sheep, in the middle of summer, or cutting lettuce, working in the market gardens on a frosty morning to provide themselves with a reality check..

Re- Timana Tahu..I hope he gets his head right and returns to sport and display all those fantastic skills everyone knows that he possesses. It would be a shame if he is lost to sport for 'personal reasons'. irrespective of which Club he plays for.
As Mark Knopfler sang.."Oh yeah, the boy can play".
If the Eels can wait for Jarryd Hayne to resume from a hamstring injury at the end of January, they can wait for Timana until then. He is not going to be idle, I'm sure.
Form is temporary, class is permanent..and Tahu has CLASS.

boxhead

First Grade
What do you mean by that, Stagger?

I think he is referring to Kearney's attitude that if you don't put it and don't want to be your best, you can quit right now. Damn good attitude to have to get our players to play like a team and not a lazy rabble. Lets just hope it works :)

Eels Dude

Coach
His missus wears the pants.

I think he is referring to Kearney's attitude that if you don't put it and don't want to be your best, you can quit right now. Damn good attitude to have to get our players to play like a team and not a lazy rabble. Lets just hope it works :)

No I think Stagger was referring to what Maroubra said, that's the rumour doing the circles anyway. Heard it from quite a few sources now. No coach or club for that matter would put up with what Tahu's doing.

Stagger eel

Staff member

No I think Stagger was referring to what Maroubra said, that's the rumour doing the circles anyway. Heard it from quite a few sources now. No coach or club for that matter would put up with what Tahu's doing.

a combination of all of the above..

IFR33K

Coach

Be careful ME. A regular to the eels forum wanted to tear another members head off when he mentioned he had heard that it's all Tahus wifes doing, and had given him no choice. Guess the rumours were right after all.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Be careful ME. A regular to the eels forum wanted to tear another members head off when he mentioned he had heard that it's all Tahus wifes doing, and had given him no choice. Guess the rumours were right after all.

Yeah I know. That's why I wrote it.

Latest posts